Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallet No Longer a Wolverine?

Started by cmiller01, January 08, 2008, 10:23:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingguter

Does this mean that Petrino can can contact Mallett now that he is not on the team?

AnthroHog

Good find.  I wonder how long until we hear from Mallett's camp about who he is considering?

Swino

I hope he comes to the U of A, we need him BAD.

t-money

I am glad this rumor is finally true, it has been around for some time.....Petrino should be on a plane to Ann Arbor tonight!
W. - What's
  I. -  Important
   N. -  Now

-Lou Holtz

pignatious

We need Ryan Mallet to be a Hog. He needs to come be a superstar in Petrino's offense and come back home.  :razorback:
Freedom is never free.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: kingguter on January 08, 2008, 10:31:37 pm
Does this mean that Petrino can can contact Mallett now that he is not on the team?
Once he is released by Michigan, it is my understanding that anyone can contact him now.  Does anyone know if this is indeed true?

Hogtropolis™

Here's a great excerpt from the article.

QuoteAs for Mallett, Rodriguez declined to give many details. But when pressed on the freshman's status, he replied: "I don't care. He's not playing for Michigan. I'm concerned with who's playing for Michigan."

Now if he truly hadn't made up his mind yet, I'm sure that made it up for him.

Also, is there any word on where the QB from Michigan ended up?  That could be a real key to who might be the main competition with Arkansas to get Mallett.

SquidBilly

Well with the quote Rodriguez gave in this article about no longer caring about him, then if it wasn't true before the article was written I'm fairly certain it is now.

AnthroHog

Well, with the way Rodriguez sounded I'm really rooting for Pryor to go to the Buckeyes.

boilerhog

Hey Nutt, now you can call the Mallett's to see if he'll transfer to Ole Piss and play TE

SquidBilly

Quote from: AnthroHog on January 08, 2008, 10:58:15 pm
Well, with the way Rodriguez sounded I'm really rooting for Pryor to go to the Buckeyes.

Or better yet to West Virginia.  Not only will Rodriguez have to pay them $4 mil and move his family into witness protection, he'd lose his star recruit to them.  Sweet justice for a scumbag.  :)

Sao Ming

Quote from: boilerhog on January 08, 2008, 11:00:41 pm
Hey Nutt, now you can call the Mallett's to see if he'll transfer to Ole Piss and play TE

Nutt doesn't call him...he has his twin daughters do it for him then hand him the phone.

You know, we've seen this type of loss take place right before our very own eyes. 

First, UM fans will bag on Mallett for leaving them high and dry.  Call him a baby.  A quitter.  Better off without him.  A cancer. 

Soon after, they will realize RR put all his eggs in one basket when Ryan should've been the first QB called, not Pryor. 

Feb. 6th will come and Pryor will see RR for who he is and not sign with UM.  The fans will turn on him as well and put all faith on Threet. 

The first time Threet fails, fans will not only bash him but RR as well and wonder how this all came to pass.  RR will be chastised in every news publication from Toledo to Detroit. 

It will be fun to watch.

Come on home kiddo.  We want you here.

jerbear

hogsanity

What would this do, if anything, to Wilson and/or Youngbloods commitments if Mallett did transfer here?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Sao Ming

Quote from: hogsanity on January 08, 2008, 11:30:04 pm
What would this do, if anything, to Wilson and/or Youngbloods commitments if Mallett did transfer here?

What's your gut feel?

count of bacon

If he does come to Arkansas does he have to enroll by January 14th?   And is it true, if he does by the 14th, Mallet could participate in the Spring game?

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Razorback Pastor

Let me ask this to someone who is familiar with NCAA rules:

Because of the circumstances involved (coaching change) can the 1 year period where he'd have to be sit out be lifted?

saywhat?

Quote from: Sao Ming on January 08, 2008, 11:23:06 pm
Nutt doesn't call him...he has his twin daughters do it for him then hand him the phone.

You know, we've seen this type of loss take place right before our very own eyes. 

First, UM fans will bag on Mallett for leaving them high and dry.  Call him a baby.  A quitter.  Better off without him.  A cancer. 

Soon after, they will realize RR put all his eggs in one basket when Ryan should've been the first QB called, not Pryor. 

Feb. 6th will come and Pryor will see RR for who he is and not sign with UM.  The fans will turn on him as well and put all faith on Threet. 

The first time Threet fails, fans will not only bash him but RR as well and wonder how this all came to pass.  RR will be chastised in every news publication from Toledo to Detroit. 

It will be fun to watch.

Come on home kiddo.  We want you here.

Actually the UM fans I've spoken too would like to keep him but understand he's not going to fit RR's system and most believe the best option for him is to play for Petrino.  Of course, maybe I'm just talking with people who aren't asses and know a little bit about football.  Tough to find people like in today's society.

saywhat?

Quote from: Razorback Pastor on January 09, 2008, 02:27:18 am
Let me ask this to someone who is familiar with NCAA rules:

Because of the circumstances involved (coaching change) can the 1 year period where he'd have to be sit out be lifted?

No.  Only under extreme circumstances and Mallet's situation does not qualify.

Razorvet

But it never hurts to ask. I would apply for the waiver anyways.

AFWarrior83

I say let them battle it out, and if the person that finishes last wants to transfer after it's said and done, release him, and wish him luck.
Hogville member since 2005.

Porkatarian

They'll be good competition at QB at any BCS school.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

ksrazorback

Mallett's mom: 'No decision has been made'...

"Refuting Thursday's Toledo Blade report that her son has made a decision to transfer to UCLA, according to the Free Press."
http://blog.mlive.com/thediag/2008/01/malletts_mom_no_decision_has_b.html

:razorback:  RM you will look good in Razorback Red   :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

jim hog

UofA needs all the help it can get. We need big time players.

opineonswine

LR Hog

Is there someone out there that is friends with the family that can plead for RM to come here?
Like a boss.

tbhogfan

(This all assumes that Mallet does transfer to Ark.)

If you factor in redshirt years, RM would be a RS Soph in 2009, and Youngblood and Wilson would be RS Freshmen (provided Casey and Nathan Dick play well enough to allow Youngblood and Wilson to RS).

This would potentially give us Mallet and Nathan Dick as RS Sophs, and Youngblood and Wilson as RS Freshmen in 2009.

Although I hope Wilson becomes a Razorback, someone in MLB is going to throw a lot of money at him.   The potential exists, though to have quality depth at QB for several years.
Go Hogs!

dougieritch

RR, What an A$$...he doesn't care that a 5-Star QB is leaving his team???

Hope RM comes our way and we wax UM in the future.

Think most of you are right, he's hoping to God that Pryor leaves for UM...would be funny if he went to The Ohio State University, however after the way they lost I doubt it.

hogsanity

Quote from: Sao Ming on January 09, 2008, 12:10:06 am
What's your gut feel?

If Mallett comes here, then I dont think we keep both Wilson and Youngblood, especially since both will proabably have a shot at MLB. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

arhogs2002

Streetglide

Just posted today that Arkansas is one of five schools he is interested in.

VenturaHog

dang it, sounds like Tn is the team to beat.

The Boar War

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 09, 2008, 04:41:15 pm

Have they already hired the ex-Mich coaches? 

Wishful thinking:  Maybe Michigan will put a restriction on his transfer like Louisville does.

BERLY_HOGMAN

Quote from: arhogs2002 on January 09, 2008, 04:25:47 pm
I just found this link, which mentions Arkansas as a possibility...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080109/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_michigan_mallett

If Fulmer is smart then he hires the QB coach and it sounds like a done deal for TN... I sure hope not... RM needs to coming to ARK.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: BERLY_HOGMAN on January 09, 2008, 05:17:11 pm
If Fulmer is smart then he hires the QB coach and it sounds like a done deal for TN... I sure hope not... RM needs to coming to ARK.

I doubt that it will matter after this weekend  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

VenturaHog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 09, 2008, 05:51:00 pm
I doubt that it will matter after this weekend  ;)

Think he could commit before the visit to the Hill this weekend?

Hawgballz

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 09, 2008, 04:41:15 pm

Arkansas is the team to beat.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!