Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patrick Trahan

Started by LAHOGG, January 08, 2008, 04:38:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LAHOGG

January 08, 2008, 04:38:55 pm Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 04:40:34 pm by LAHOGG
I see that he's a JuCo who once played in all 13 games in one year for Auburn before transferring to junior college.  He has Ark high on his list.  Does anybody have anymore info on this guy?  Physically he's a beast at OLB.

mcrabtr81

He was highly touted coming out of high school.  I believe he played at Auburn in 2006 and chose to go to JC because he had some academic issues.  He would have been their best linebacker this year if not for the grade problems.

lookawayquick

why isn't he headed back to Auburn?  Tommy T not want him?  That should send some warning signals.

VenturaHog

I will take a 5 star juco LB any day of the week. Sounds like he is a real possibility, hope we can get him here on a visit.

The real Hogules

I'd take him and you wouldn't even have to twist my arm to get me to either!
The kid is listed at 6'-3", 225, with 4.4 speed.  :o

Biography:
Trahan played in all 13 games for the Tigers in 2006 and was Auburn's most productive linebacker during spring of '07 practice as he worked his way into the starting spot on the strong side heading into the fall.

Patrick transferred to N' West CC this past summer.

Here's a list of the schools of interest -

School               Interest Level     Offer?     Attended Camp?       Visit Date         Signed LOI?
Arkansas             Med Interest       Yes                                      None   
Mississippi           Med Interest        Yes                                    01/20/2008   
Oklahoma State    Med Interest        Yes                                    01/14/2008   
Southern Miss      Med Interest        Yes                                       None   
LSU                    Low Interest        No                                        None   
West Virginia        Low Interest        Yes                                      None
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

nughaud

January 09, 2008, 08:39:35 am #5 Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:58:41 am by nughaud
Article today from scout, free http://recruiting.scout.com/2/718281.html

He played Def End and Safety in High School.
He redshirted in 2005, and in 2006 only had 11 total tackles playing sparingly for Auburn.
He was a 2nd team NJCAA All American not 1st - http://www.njcaa.org/sports.cfm?sid=11&divid=0&gender=m&slid=5&menu=5
He's also listed at most places at 6'2" not 6'3" and I bet he runs closer to a 4.5 than a 4.4

This is why he went to Junior College (not from the article above), not because of problems with the coaches.
08/09/07 - LB Patrick Trahan, a sophomore who was expected to contend for a starting job until he was ruled ineligible earlier this summer, has decided to leave school and spend at least one year in junior college.

jim hog

I hope to heck this new staff realizes that recruiting is the lifeblood of a program and to that end they work tirelessly.

HoggyWayne

Quote from: jim hog on January 09, 2008, 09:26:22 am
I hope to heck this new staff realizes that recruiting is the lifeblood of a program and to that end they work tirelessly.

....from daylight to exhaustion.

The_Hill

If we aren't on his set visit list, I am pretty sure that we aren't really in the running anymore. Looks to me like it is down to Okie State and Ole Miss.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Razorback_Z71

Quote from: nughaud on January 09, 2008, 08:39:35 am
Article today from scout, free http://recruiting.scout.com/2/718281.html

He played Def End and Safety in High School.
He redshirted in 2005, and in 2006 only had 11 total tackles playing sparingly for Auburn.
He was a 2nd team NJCAA All American not 1st - http://www.njcaa.org/sports.cfm?sid=11&divid=0&gender=m&slid=5&menu=5
He's also listed at most places at 6'2" not 6'3" and I bet he runs closer to a 4.5 than a 4.4

This is why he went to Junior College (not from the article above), not because of problems with the coaches.
08/09/07 - LB Patrick Trahan, a sophomore who was expected to contend for a starting job until he was ruled ineligible earlier this summer, has decided to leave school and spend at least one year in junior college.

he was rs in 2005.  so does this mean he has 2 years to play 2?   if so it could explain the lack of recruiting attention.

LAHOGG

Quote from: The_Hill on January 09, 2008, 10:09:50 am
If we aren't on his set visit list, I am pretty sure that we aren't really in the running anymore. Looks to me like it is down to Okie State and Ole Miss.

We just contacted him for the first time on Monday.  I think he'll visit. 

Razorod

I though JUCO recruits had to spend at least three semesters at an institution before they could sign with a SEC school--SEC rule, not Arkansas or NCAA rule. If so, can he even come to Arkansas or any other SEC school?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

antiono hogderas

It would be a really nice late season pickup if we could land this guy. We really need help on the defensive side of the ball. I think several names will pop on the Arkansas boards over the next couple of weeks that we no one has heard of before. The key will be to get these guys in for a visit before they commit to another school. 

VenturaHog

Quote from: Razorod on January 09, 2008, 12:36:10 pm
I though JUCO recruits had to spend at least three semesters at an institution before they could sign with a SEC school--SEC rule, not Arkansas or NCAA rule. If so, can he even come to Arkansas or any other SEC school?

I would be surprised if he couldn't.

bythelake

What's the deal with Okie State?   Who in the heck would want to go there?  What am I missing?