Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CB Rashaad Reid

Started by Nashville Fan, January 08, 2008, 11:11:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

beansandtaters

2 star CB. At this point in recruiting I'm sure it's tough to find quality DBs...everyone needs them.

opineonswine

The real Hogules

Rashaad is a three star recruit on Scout and holds offers from Georgia Tech, Vandy, Buffalo, Indiana, and South Florida.

I wouldn't jump all over the first CB recruits that show us a little interest (nothing against Rashaad Reid), only because I firmly believe that with Lorenzo (Whammy) Ward as our DB's coach I expect Arkansas to attract some higher rated players in the secondary.

Having said that we should wait, I will support whomever the coaching staff deems worthy of an Arkansas scholarship.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

fu-man-soo

i'll trust paul petrino's judgement

Hellafied

HE IS FROM FLORIDA.. I WILL TAKE HIM

Kilgor

Quote from: Hellafied on January 08, 2008, 12:01:40 pm
HE IS FROM FLORIDA.. I WILL TAKE HIM

So's my Mom, but she's no CB.

(No comments about her playing tight end please)
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: beansandtaters on January 08, 2008, 11:26:23 am
2 star CB. At this point in recruiting I'm sure it's tough to find quality DBs...everyone needs them.

If you think that Petrino is not going to continue to sign 2 star players who he evaluates as better, then you are wrong. 

The real Hogules

Quote from: Kilgor on January 08, 2008, 12:28:56 pm
So's my Mom, but she's no CB.

(No comments about her playing tight end please)

That's still better than someone calling her a wide receiver! LOL  ;)

Swino

He looks to be a little slow.  We need SEC speed at corner, but then again, we need bodies.

hog_fan

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 08, 2008, 11:35:52 am
Rashaad is a three star recruit on Scout and holds offers from Georgia Tech, Vandy, Buffalo, Indiana, and South Florida.

I wouldn't jump all over the first CB recruits that show us a little interest (nothing against Rashaad Reid), only because I firmly believe that with Lorenzo (Whammy) Ward as our DB's coach I expect Arkansas to attract some higher rated players in the secondary.

Having said that we should wait, I will support whomever the coaching staff deems worthy of an Arkansas scholarship.

Sorry, but you can't afford to be real picky this late. 09 should be a different story.

beansandtaters

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on January 08, 2008, 12:31:25 pm
If you think that Petrino is not going to continue to sign 2 star players who he evaluates as better, then you are wrong. 

Was I calling into question Petrino's recruitment of him? No. Do I believe he will be recruiting 2 star CBs this time next year? No. He has to due to time constraints of finding guys to fill the holes.

oldfart

Quote from: Swino on January 08, 2008, 12:46:28 pm
He looks to be a little slow.  We need SEC speed at corner, but then again, we need bodies.

we have lots of bodies already at DB... thats the problem, none of them are SEC caliber

LAHOGG

There a lot of high school players who don't have coaches or parents that get the video's out in the mail or to get these kids in summer camps.  Thats how these kids are rated these days.  Occasionally there will be a kid like the Oden kid or this Reid kid whose rating don't do them justice.  Oden is 6'8 and weighs 280 and runs a 4.8 forty.  I would say he deserves better than two stars just because of potential alone.

InHogWeTrust

Look at Ali Highsmith.  He was 1* according to scout his senior year in HS, and he has developed into a nice LB for LSU.  Definitely underrated.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: Nashville Fan on January 08, 2008, 11:11:12 am
Anybody know about this kid? Kirk :) is saying that he may now be interested in AR. Anyone a member on rivals?
Boy Odus really goes out on a limb...Micheal Crabtree may be interested in coming to AR too...but probably not

lovemesomedale

Why even say that?? He has an article about the kid why are you hating bc he says a GT commit might be interested??

Quote from: Hawgvillain on January 08, 2008, 04:20:37 pm
Boy Odus really goes out on a limb...Micheal Crabtree may be interested in coming to AR too...but probably not

hogsfan4l1fe

Quote from: lovemesomedale on January 08, 2008, 04:23:12 pm
Why even say that?? He has an article about the kid why are you hating bc he says a GT commit might be interested??

No.....He is hated on because the only thing he breaks is wind.

lovemesomedale

Oh did someone know about this Reid kid before he put it out there?

Quote from: hogsfan4l1fe on January 08, 2008, 05:01:04 pm
No.....He is hated on because the only thing he breaks is wind.

hogsfan4l1fe

Quote from: lovemesomedale on January 08, 2008, 05:15:09 pm
Oh did someone know about this Reid kid before he put it out there?

Yes and in other news, man discovered fire.

Hawgvillain

January 08, 2008, 05:56:01 pm #20 Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 05:57:41 pm by Hawgvillain
Quote from: lovemesomedale on January 08, 2008, 04:23:12 pm

Because anything may happen.  I may get a date with Jessica Simpson tonight - but I wont.  I'm not saying that this kid will or wont come to the UofA.  I'm saying that I'd rather hear something like Reid expresses interest in the UofA - then I care. 

Odus is infamous for talking about recruits who really have no interest in the UofA.  It gives him something to talk about...

I just want to hear something more meaningful than some relatively minor recruit (not hating on the recruit but he's not a "big-name") MAY be interested in the UofA.

Razorvet

I personally believe we dont need to be going after two star recruits unless they are instate guys who can be role players. I know it can help make inroads into a school but it really doesnt help the overall perception of the teams desirability. I dont know exactly how they percieve a handful of two stars on the roster but it cant help.

The real Hogules

Isn't it about time for Odus' annual "mystery recruit"??? LOL   ;)

tophawg19

let the star rating go . it is all a guessing game . if a kid comes from a small school or plays on a bad team he likely will not have a high rating even though he may be very good, he just isn't the name of the week.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Beaverfever

Quote from: Razorvet on January 08, 2008, 06:44:05 pm
I personally believe we dont need to be going after two star recruits unless they are instate guys who can be role players. I know it can help make inroads into a school but it really doesnt help the overall perception of the teams desirability. I dont know exactly how they percieve a handful of two stars on the roster but it cant help.
Easy as that?  Just offer all the 5 stars and watch em line up. 

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Quote from: Razorvet on January 08, 2008, 06:44:05 pm
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Well said, my friend! +1  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Hawgvillain

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 08, 2008, 06:47:57 pm
Isn't it about time for Odus' annual "mystery recruit"??? LOL   ;)
Give it 2-3 weeks.  I almost guarantee it happens...