Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC Board on Joe Adams comments

Started by Nashville Fan, January 07, 2008, 04:24:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

InHogWeTrust

After reading that, I'd like to take this opportunity to commend the moderators here on keeping this forum b.s. free and professional.  I enjoy coming here, because I don't have to read all the 13 year old pointless smack talk.  I can come here and read the meat and potatoes of what's going on with the hogs from people who know their stuff.  Cheers Hogville staff!

On the Joe Adams note: If that is a direct quote from the ADG, then it sounds like he's really looking hard at what Petrino has going on.

Nashville Fan

January 07, 2008, 04:44:15 pm #4 Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 04:48:36 pm by Nashville Fan
Pittman or Bust!

Nashville Fan

Glad Horton is on the staff after reading this from the ESPN.com link above.....

Sep. 11 Arkansas not giving up on Joe Adams
Despite Joe Adams' commitment to the USC Trojans, the in-state Razorbacks will continue to recruit the ESPNU All-American athlete, writes the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. "I talked to coach [Tim] Horton the other day. And he said, 'we're still going to recruit you,' so you never know what could happen."
Adams' best friend, Arkansas-bound wide receiver Cruz Williams said, "Even though Joe has committed to USC, I'm still trying to get him to become a Razorback. We need him."

In last weekend's game, Adams played quarterback, running back, and wide receiving on offense. He finished with 10 carries for 81 yards and one touchdown, two catches for 56 yards and another score, and one pass completion for 37 yards.
On defense, Adams recovered a fumble and registered a sack while playing both cornerback and safety.
Pittman or Bust!

jim hog

hogsmaster

Nashville Fan

Quote from: hogsmaster on January 07, 2008, 05:20:28 pm
The part on Okapara made no sense.
Kind of goes against the other comments that were posted by another division of ESPiN doesn't it.
Pittman or Bust!

pigstye

how in ---- do you read anything on that board??

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: pigstye on January 07, 2008, 07:14:41 pm
how in ---- do you read anything on that board??

yeah the way that board is organized is absolutely terrible.

Hog_of_the_HILL

I personally thought that the quote " they ran off a highly SUCCESSFUL coach in nutt" was a lil bit funny lmao
It was worth the wait

Hogndog36

Quote from: Hog_of_the_HILL on January 07, 2008, 10:30:55 pm
I personally thought that the quote " they ran off a highly SUCCESSFUL coach in nutt" was a lil bit funny lmao

that right there shows you how little the outside world knows of all of the crap Nutt put us through. They call hime Highly Successful is funny he got beat by USC by what 120 points in two games???
Smite me..... HAHA Smite me

Wildhog

We'll show them successful next time we play them
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: cshivley1 on January 07, 2008, 07:29:27 pm
yeah the way that board is organized is absolutely terrible.

Try reading it in this version CLICK ME
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

VenturaHog

Big surprise, southern californians not knowing about anything that happens outside of their state. I lived there 10 years, I should know.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 08, 2008, 01:10:43 am
Big surprise, southern californians not knowing about anything that happens outside of their state. I lived there 10 years, I should know.

I was raised in Inglewood until I was 10 and Ventura is a upscale suburb of the City of Angels right?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

VenturaHog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 08, 2008, 01:16:28 am
I was raised in Inglewood until I was 10 and Ventura is a upscale suburb of the City of Angels right?

Kind of, it's an hour north of L.A. on the coast. Santa Barbara is about 45 mins north of us, it's one of the last beach towns that isn't completely overpopulated, not many people know about it outside of southern/central CAL.

Wildhog

This disrespect for Arkansas in that USC thread is disgusting.
1909/1964/1965/1977

cdohogfan

I've met several people from San Diego over the last few years. This pretty much sums them up.

Wildhog

Any state that elects "Ahnold" as its "governator" should be ashamed.
1909/1964/1965/1977

VenturaHog

Quote from: Wildhog05 on January 08, 2008, 02:10:48 am
Any state that elects "Ahnold" as its "governator" should be ashamed.

No way, it's so hilarious and it never gets old. I love hearing him try to say "kah-li-foh-nia".

toshortrock

Joe if u read this,,we really need u to be a hog
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

ksrazorback

After reading that article, Joe certainly needs to read there board more often. He just may change his mind much sooner..... talk about low life, gee!!
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Wildhog05 on January 08, 2008, 01:30:21 am

Honestly if we had put 50 and 70 on them the last two times we played them I wouldn't have much respect for them either.  Just shows you how poor a coach HDN is.  I mean Stanford pulled out a win against them.  I know rivalry and blah blah but seriously.....................Hopefully if they end up on our radar again i hope we still have Bobby P and he hangs 50 on them.
Let's make some waves.

The_Hill

It's like they don't realize that in the process of trying to sway him, they are bashing his home state. If I were a recruit that would definitely leave an impression on me, because razorbacks or not Arkansas is still where my family is.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Swino

Quote from: Wildhog05 on January 08, 2008, 01:30:21 am

Why would they respect us?  They beat us to death 2 years in a row and they now have 2 former hogs that were shat on by gunslinger and staff.  Respect is earned.

DeltaBoy

January 08, 2008, 10:53:45 am #28 Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 11:41:31 am by DeltaBoy
SC is overrated and we will earn their respect when Bobby gets the chance.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: hogfanintx on January 08, 2008, 09:23:18 am

Honestly if we had put 50 and 70 on them the last two times we played them I wouldn't have much respect for them either.  Just shows you how poor a coach HDN is.  I mean Stanford pulled out a win against them.  I know rivalry and blah blah but seriously.....................Hopefully if they end up on our radar again i hope we still have Bobby P and he hangs 50 on them.

Kind of what I was thinking.
Respect has to be earned.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 08, 2008, 10:53:45 am
SC is overrated and we will earn their respect when Bobby gets the chance.
I attended BOTH Southern Cal Arkansas games and have come to the somewhat painful opposite conclusion. Lots of teams are overrated (Ohio State, most of the ACC, Hawaii) -- USC is not overrated. Hopefully, Arkansas can climb to the same level of play under Petrino.

The_Bionic_Pig

USC has already been made pre-season #1 for 2008 - 09 season according to Rivals.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Adam Stokes

USC is always expected to make it to the National Championship.  They are in no way over rated.  There is no other program that is realistically expected to get there every year.  USC is.

jasonf

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: jasonf on January 08, 2008, 01:52:20 pm
i wish we were overrated.

lmao.....no doubt would be nice to be ranked in the preseason top 5 every year.
Let's make some waves.

HootieHaterfromALA

Why does it say "an ESPN affilliate under WEAreSC on that website? Is that stinkin site run by Salisbury?

hawgsav1

Agreed from personal experience also. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

InHogWeTrust

I went to bootcamp with a guy from SoCal, and he didn't know where Arkansas was.  He made a 98 on his ASVAB, so he was a pretty intelligent guy...I guess they don't teach Geography in Cali.

hawgsav1

Quote from: InHogWeTrust on January 09, 2008, 11:59:35 am
I went to bootcamp with a guy from SoCal, and he didn't know where Arkansas was.  He made a 98 on his ASVAB, so he was a pretty intelligent guy...I guess they don't teach Geography in Cali.

They have this sense (especially at SC) that they're the greatest thing to ever happen since sliced bread.  When I would say I'm from Arkansas, the first thing people would say to me was "I'm sorry".  I seriously wanted to beat the cra* out of everyone who was arrogant and smug enough to say that. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb