Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De'Anthony Curtis Tidbit

Started by Tomhog™, January 04, 2008, 09:52:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

I was reading the article for other reasons when I found this gem.  Sounds good for Arkansas as I have felt he would remain a Hog.

The 5-9, 204-pound speedy tailback from Fairview High School in Camden, Ark., is willing to wait on new Razorbacks coach Bobby Petrino before he makes a decision. Curtis said he'll meet with Petrino this month during an official visit.

"That's when we'll sit down and have a real conversation," Curtis said.

That patience may speak volumes as to where Curtis' heart lies — and the fact that he was wearing an Arkansas training shirt Thursday.

click here to read more

lovemesomedale

COCHISE

It should speak VERY well for us that he likes the spread offense run by Okie St. and the I-formation run by UT, since Petrino's offense runs both almost equally.  It's the best of both worlds for DC.

lovemesomedale

I know DeAnthony personally and he will be a hog. Havent spoken to him since he has been in Orlando but spoke with him a few days before christmas.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: lovemesomedale on January 04, 2008, 12:08:52 pm
I know DeAnthony personally and he will be a hog. Havent spoken to him since he has been in Orlando but spoke with him a few days before christmas.

I agree on the Hog part.  Rest easy fellas.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

jackflash

I think he will be a hog. One thing about Nutt he will work a RB, this is what he does. Every RB wants to carry the ball. Nutt telling him look what I done for 5. Of course the kid is going to take a look. I believe BP will win out over the Nutter

Doggtown31LCC

he should get plenty of carries here at Ark, even if felix stays, maybe not 20-25 but maybe 10 or so, what's ole miss' RB situation, i think green-ellis is a SR.
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

hog_fan

Nutt is promising around 3 or 4 rb the same thing. They have a 4 star RB committed. I'm wondering if Nutt didn't contact him either? nutt is a loser. he can't even contact kids and they tell them he doesn't want them. He just doens't call them so they decommitt and then he probably has his goons bash them for leaving him. Dumbnutts will likely oversign since he thinks he is going to come in and get the Arkansas class.

Aquilos

Someone said something about Curtis not wanting to come because they didn't want to let him wear #5.... that's bull. He's wearing #23 in the UA game right now. I think he'll come to Arkansas still, just having fun with all these official visits.

Shizzle

I think when he and BP sit down and DC realizes how many open field touches he will get a game he will be a Hog. I think this offense will fit him perfectly.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

COCHISE

Quote from: Shizzle on January 06, 2008, 02:52:19 pm
I think when he and BP sit down and DC realizes how many open field touches he will get a game he will be a Hog. I think this offense will fit him perfectly.
All Petrino needs to do is show DC the video of the Cotton Bowl and the way Temple ran in Mizzou's offense.

Throwback1

D to Ark is a long way from a done deal.  Not saying it won't happen, but way too early to count on right now.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

alltimeqb

He likes the way OSU spreads the ball and likes the way TN runs the I.

Well Petrino does both.  I don't think we have anything to worry about.

lovemesomedale

Actually yes he doesn want to wear #5 and he was told by the previous staff he could. Im sure BP would let him as well but he does want to wear that number.

Carl Lazlo

let him have #5!  Dmac's number should NOT be retired.  If the UA does retire his number, then that's just plain stupid.

Bryan (CHF)

One of Petrino's first visits was to Camden to visit with the 3 here.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: footballmaniac on January 07, 2008, 10:28:49 am
let him have #5!  Dmac's number should NOT be retired.  If the UA does retire his number, then that's just plain stupid.

They do need to retire his jersey llike Kentucky does in basketball.  The number is honored but players can still wear that number .  It is stupid to say another player can never wear a particular number. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 04, 2008, 09:52:11 am
I was reading the article for other reasons when I found this gem.  Sounds good for Arkansas as I have felt he would remain a Hog.

The 5-9, 204-pound speedy tailback from Fairview High School in Camden, Ark., is willing to wait on new Razorbacks coach Bobby Petrino before he makes a decision. Curtis said he’ll meet with Petrino this month during an official visit.

“That’s when we’ll sit down and have a real conversation,” Curtis said.

That patience may speak volumes as to where Curtis’ heart lies — and the fact that he was wearing an Arkansas training shirt Thursday.

click here to read more

We need this young man toting the Rock!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Realist

The latest Rivals article doesn't give me alot of confidence.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

COCHISE

Quote from: The Realist on January 07, 2008, 01:03:29 pm
The latest Rivals article doesn't give me alot of confidence.
Are you referring to the article on Devin Thomas, I didn't see anything about DeAnthony.

Bacon The Saddle Again

And I hope Mallett read the section of that SI article that read:

If a defense can keep the Cardinals' tailbacks from breaking off big runs and force them into second or third-and-long situations, it'll be better able to effectively blitz the quarterback, who is usually so well-coached that, if given too much time, will find the open receiver more often than not (LeFors completed nearly 74 percent of his passes last season).

RazorWeevil

I've got an inside scoop on Curtis that tells me he's looking hard at both Oklahoma St. & AR. 

I'm confident he'll be a Hog. 
Insanity is hereditary.  I got mine from my kids.

Throwback1

Quote from: raginwildfire on January 07, 2008, 01:06:39 pm
It didn't me either...wonder if Felix returns, does that factor in his decision or not?
Could he be waiting on that?
no...slotback type, anyway
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 04, 2008, 01:01:38 pm
There is nothing the other schools can offer in regards to playing time that Arkansas can't offer.  I'd be utterly shocked if he switched.
I read where one of Tennessee's ace recruiter called on Curtis and has managed to get him to commit to an official visit.  Is there any truth to this?  Caldwell of Tennessee has made a living pulling good players from our state.  Everybody says Phat Phil but it is Caldwell who does the damage.

The_Bionic_Pig

As I stated about 3 weeks ago,  The Warren & Camden verbals are going to stay instate. This has now been magnified 10 fold with David Lee becoming the QB coach of the Miami Dolphins.  He was the main orchestrator & reason Arkansas got most of its early verbals in 07'
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

LRCentralTiger

Askew to join Curtis on trip to Tennessee according to Tennessee recruiting gurus.  I do not like this at all.  I sure hope you are correct Woo Pig Stewie.  They better be die hard Razorbacks or Caldwell will sure make it tempting.

SquidBilly

http://www.newschannel9.com/sports/taylor_965482___article.html/fulmer_coordinator.html

Seems like Ok State may not get Trooper Taylor to join there staff after all but that could hurt us anyway if he stays at Tennessee and convinces Curtis to come play for him there.  :|

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 08, 2008, 06:35:38 pm
http://www.newschannel9.com/sports/taylor_965482___article.html/fulmer_coordinator.html

Seems like Ok State may not get Trooper Taylor to join there staff after all but that could hurt us anyway if he stays at Tennessee and convinces Curtis to come play for him there.  :|
If Taylor does not go to Ok State the Vols will have two of the top 25 recruiter in the nation.  The Vols hired running backs coach Stan Drayton from Urban Meyer.  Drayton along with Trooper are up and coming coaches according to many writers.  They both proved they can recruit.  The coaching part remains to be seen.  I am sure Stoops does not care about Trooper at Oklahoma State.

hog_fan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 08, 2008, 01:13:56 am
As I stated about 3 weeks ago,  The Warren & Camden verbals are going to stay instate. This has now been magnified 10 fold with David Lee becoming the QB coach of the Miami Dolphins.  He was the main orchestrator & reason Arkansas got most of its early verbals in 07'

Do you know them. No one knows what they will do for sure and i doubt they know 100%

Throwback1

Quote from: hog_fan on January 08, 2008, 06:55:40 pm
Do you know them. No one knows what they will do for sure and i doubt they know 100%
I know 'em, and I can tell you that right now, this second, D' doesn't know where he's going, and anybody who tells you they KNOW right now that he is is lying.

ArKan5a5 KiD

Throwback is a very good reliable source on the Camden kids b/c if i'm thinking correctly Throwback is from Camden and close to the school??? Same throwback off fearlessfriday??

cardfan33

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 08, 2008, 10:53:28 am
Askew to join Curtis on trip to Tennessee according to Tennessee recruiting gurus.  I do not like this at all.  I sure hope you are correct Woo Pig Stewie.  They better be die hard Razorbacks or Caldwell will sure make it tempting.
i talked to askews father yesterday and the feeling i got from him was he's just taking the trip,but he's going to be a hog.

Throwback1

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 08, 2008, 07:19:19 pm
Throwback is a very good reliable source on the Camden kids b/c if i'm thinking correctly Throwback is from Camden and close to the school??? Same throwback off fearlessfriday??
Yep...and cardfan is correct...I am confident Youngblood and Askew will end up at Arkansas, and while I"m hopeful that D will, like all Hog fans should be, I"m just saying that D still has a decision to make, as of right now.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

ArKan5a5 KiD

I thought i recognized that name. Yea i know Youngblood will be a Hog and i also think that D will end up being a Hog. I really believe that he's just checkin all his options and checking around and making sure he makes the right decision. I think that after he takes his official visit this month he will solid up his commitement and i also believe that the relationship that he has with Youngblood will also play a role in his decision b/c they are supposed to room together but we will see in the next month!

want2be

Come on Curtis, you are a starter next year at DB and an impact at FL

Throwback1

Quote from: want2be on January 08, 2008, 08:38:36 pm
DB?...uh....not.

ArKan5a5 KiD

U'd be crzy to put that kid at DB. Although he is a GREAT athlete he belongs at TB and he belongs returning punts and kicks. The boy is a playmaker and a great receiver outta the backfield and in the slot. I dont like making comparisons but if i had to say he was like someone i'd say he was like Reggie Bush b/c the boy can do it all and i just hope he chooses the hogs b/c he is a must get!

Hog Fan from Camden

Where did the DB idea come from?

ksrazorback

Petrino; "Philosophy that we call 'FTS' -- Feed the Studs. We want to get the ball to our best players and make sure we utilize the guys who can go out and make plays."

There you have it De, only at Arkansas you can be a Razorback FTS...

Quote from: want2be on January 08, 2008, 08:38:36 pm

Man each time I see those bouncing beauties, it completely throws my thinking off... great Avatar!!
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Throwback1

Quote from: TheHOGDog_111 on January 09, 2008, 12:04:17 am
Where did the DB idea come from?
Reply #43 last page is the first time I've ever heard it.

OKhogfan1959

Throwback1 thanks for the info.

Is there pressure down there for  Curtis to leave the state? I hope not. He would play plenty at Arkansas and since I just heard on  the radio that Felix is leaving he would most likely be the stud that Petrino would be feeding.

Get to work on him man!! We need him!!

jgphillips3

I just hope, if he doesn't come here, he stays away from other SEC schools.

ArkHogJason

come on dude he is a very good RB.

The_Bionic_Pig

I am hearing Felix Jones is gone so maybe that sweeten's the pot a little .
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Throwback1

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 09, 2008, 05:22:19 pm
Throwback1 thanks for the info.

Is there pressure down there for  Curtis to leave the state? I hope not. He would play plenty at Arkansas and since I just heard on  the radio that Felix is leaving he would most likely be the stud that Petrino would be feeding.

Get to work on him man!! We need him!!
Not local pressure to leave...everybody wants him at Fayetteville...but there are a lot of sharks smellin' the blood and circlin'...OSU, TT, TENN and now rumor of several more Top 10 teams...keep your fingers crossed

ArKan5a5 KiD

Yea there was a bunch of Sharks hanging around once Nutt left and for the month that we didnt have a coach but i think once he gets to sit down with Petrino again and when it comes signing day he'll be a HOG. But may i ask where ya'll are hearing that Felix is leaving?? From i see there is a bunch of JR RB's coming out in this draft.