Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sum of the parts ,etc.

Started by soso, February 13, 2018, 10:21:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

soso

Golden spikes watch list is out and I did not see one razorback on it. I think that is interesting considering our lofty preseason ranking and  goals. I was in a hurry so I could have missed someone.

PintailKiller

Nope - no Hogs on the list, but there where also no Hogs on the preseason 2015 list and we all know how that turned out.
It's not out of the question that someone like Blaine Knight, Grant Koch, or Dom Fletcher could emerge as a candidate though.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

ucahogfan

Quote from: soso on February 13, 2018, 10:21:17 am
Golden spikes watch list is out and I did not see one razorback on it. I think that is interesting considering our lofty preseason ranking and  goals. I was in a hurry so I could have missed someone.
I think a lot of it was oversight.  No way to include Cal Raleigh at Florida State on the list and leave Koch off.  Same thing with Jackson Kowar at Florida with Blaine Knight.  Or Nico Hoerner of Stanford over Jax Biggers.  Or someone like Jonathan India over Dominic Fletcher.  Just saying that we had reasonable arguments for at least four players on the preseason list.  This team is loaded talent wise.  I would think most people would say that this is the most talented Razorback team top to bottom on program history.

MissippHog

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 13, 2018, 08:04:03 pm
I think a lot of it was oversight.  No way to include Cal Raleigh at Florida State on the list and leave Koch off.  Same thing with Jackson Kowar at  Florida with Blaine Knight.  Or Nico Hoerner of Stanford over Jax Biggers.  Or someone like Jonathan India (Florida) over Dominic Fletcher.  Just saying that we had reasonable arguments for at least four players on the preseason list.  This team is loaded talent wise.  I would think most people would say that this is the most talented Razorback team top to bottom on program history.
I think the areas in bold may have more to do with it at this time of year than anything.  I can see any one of those working their way onto the mid-season watch list with a strong start though. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: MissippHog on February 14, 2018, 12:45:04 am
I think the areas in bold may have more to do with it at this time of year than anything.  I can see any one of those working their way onto the mid-season watch list with a strong start though.
I could agree with that for something like football, but our baseball program is one of the elite in the country especially under DVH.

Even Cal has two players on the preseason watch list.  One is a two way player who hit just under .300 last year, but his ERA was 5.37.

Wichita State has two players on the list as well, but both are projected as potential 1st round picks.

I could go through and agrue probably 15-20 players on the list who should not be there over a Hog.