Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burks

Started by #1 STUNNA, January 09, 2018, 02:37:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMountainHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 08:14:44 pm
Smith is the second best player to ever come out of Warren. Yes in high school he was better than all the other D1 receivers including the ones that were better than Damian Williams in high school and college.
Smith was good, and I guess we can just disagree. What is not disputable though is Warren did not play the competition that Springdale did. Evangel Christian, Jenks, etc. Not quite the same as Hope and Prescott.

IronHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 08:05:43 pm
I do know the vols recruited them harder

I mean it was the Fulmer Cup days

I'm all for some mean players but they were outright over the line by that point
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 09, 2018, 08:22:27 pm
Smith was good, and I guess we can just disagree. What is not disputable though is Warren did not play the competition that Springdale did. Evangel Christian, Jenks, etc. Not quite the same as Hope and Prescott.

Warren plays plently of fast teams

Line play is irrelevant to receivers

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 09, 2018, 08:22:27 pm

Yea because warren has never played 7A schools before.. lol.. 4A schedule sure didn't keep Wright, childs, and Gragg from having successful careers.. 2 of which were better than your Springdale  boy!!!

IronHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 08:27:37 pm
Yea because warren has never played 7A schools before.. lol.. 4A schedule sure didn't keep Wright, childs, and Gragg from having successful careers.. 2 of which were better than your Springdale  boy!!!

Most of warrens starters would start for any 7a west school

Be different positions and later but they'd play

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 08:49:05 pm

Warren has had many players that could have started for any school in the country especially 7A schools in Arkansas.. lol

Pig in the Pokey

This dude is the best from Arkansas since McFadden.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

AirWarren

Brooksie Ellis.
Woody Wilson.
Ben Cleveland.
Mitchie Mustain.
Allen brothers.
Ty Clary.

7a West game changers.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: AP85 on January 09, 2018, 08:55:09 pm
Brooksie Ellis.
Woody Wilson.
Ben Cleveland.
Mitchie Mustain.
Allen brothers.
Ty Clary.

7a West game changers.

Arkansas 4A football has produced some damn good players for the university.

IronMountainHog

Brooksie Ellis.
Woody Wilson.
Ben Cleveland.
Mitchie Mustain.
Allen brothers.
Ty Clary.

7a West game changers.
Yes they were game changers in the 7a West. I see about 8 state championships in your list there McFly.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 09:00:04 pm
Arkansas 4A football has produced some damn good players for the university.
Besides J Wright and Chris Gragg, name some.

jj202020

Stunna's right.  Smith was the most talented high school player by a wide margin.  Williams took care of his business and ended up better in the end.  Burks is on a completely different level.  Barring injury, he will have a long NFL career--- on offense or defense.  And by the way---he's liking defense more and more.

IronHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 09, 2018, 09:00:20 pm
Yes they were game changers in the 7a West. I see about 8 state championships in your list there McFly.

On any given year warrens best players are better than any team in the 7a west

It's the other 100 kids that make a 7a school superior on the field

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: jj202020 on January 09, 2018, 09:08:58 pm
Stunna's right.  Smith was the most talented high school player by a wide margin.  Williams took care of his business and ended up better in the end.  Burks is on a completely different level.  Barring injury, he will have a long NFL career--- on offense or defense.  And by the way---he's liking defense more and more.

Wish we could clone about 6 of him.. lol

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 09, 2018, 09:02:31 pm

Gregg childs, joe Adams. That's 4 guys from 4A that were drafted in the NFL from lil ole 4A football. Has the 7A west had that many drafted that played for the hogs over the past 10 years or longer?  Serious question

IronMountainHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 09:19:10 pm
Gregg childs, joe Adams. That's 4 guys from 4A that were drafted in the NFL from lil ole 4A football. Has the 7A west had that many drafted that played for the hogs over the past 10 years or longer?  Serious question
well first off there are 48 teams in 4A. There are 8 teams in 7A West. Not all the best players in the 7A West played for the Hogs. Josh Frazier at Alabama, Lee Ziemba at Auburn, Kodi Burns at Auburn, Zack Pianalto at North Carolina. Those first 3 have National Title Rings. Tre Norwood at OU starting as a true Freshman at OU. Mitch Stothers and Brey Cook both started on the OL from HarBer and Springdale. Ben Cleveland was a 4 year letterman from Springdale. Want more?

IronHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 09, 2018, 10:50:27 pm
well first off there are 48 teams in 4A. There are 8 teams in 7A West. Not all the best players in the 7A West played for the Hogs. Josh Frazier at Alabama, Lee Ziemba at Auburn, Kodi Burns at Auburn, Zack Pianalto at North Carolina. Those first 3 have National Title Rings. Tre Norwood at OU starting as a true Freshman at OU. Mitch Stothers and Brey Cook both started on the OL from HarBer and Springdale. Ben Cleveland was a 4 year letterman from Springdale. Want more?

This is sad

IronMountainHog

Lee Ziemba alone had a better college career than any player you named. Started an Auburn record 52 straight game (every game). Consensus 1st All American. National Champ.

TexasRazorback

I think burks having one more year really helps our chances of landing him. He will get to see Morris's offense for a year, and will see how Morris will showcase him as a premier sec wideout

WBOBO

Quote from: TexasRazorback on January 09, 2018, 11:07:00 pm
I think burks having one more year really helps our chances of landing him. He will get to see Morris's offense for a year, and will see how Morris will showcase him as a premier sec wideout
I hope you are right. 
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

WBOBO

Who is Mitch Stothers.  I must have have missed him.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

#1 STUNNA

Man this post right here lets me know all i know. You listed a 7th round draft pick and two guys that didn't get drafted at all. I mentioned 3 kids from the same school in the same class that were all drafted
Wright, childs, gragg>burns, Ziemba, Pianalto..... everyone would agree with that.

IronHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 09, 2018, 11:01:17 pm
Lee Ziemba alone had a better college career than any player you named. Started an Auburn record 52 straight game (every game). Consensus 1st All American. National Champ.

Having a catchy name on a team with Cam Newton goes a long way

Couldn't pass block.  At all

IronHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 10, 2018, 07:30:45 am
Man this post right here lets me know all i know. You listed a 7th round draft pick and two guys that didn't get drafted at all. I mentioned 3 kids from the same school in the same class that were all drafted
Wright, childs, gragg>burns, Ziemba, Pianalto..... everyone would agree with that.

Players that stayed home and played well vs 7a west defectors that underachieved

31to6

Brooksie Ellis.
Woody Wilson.
Ben Cleveland.
Mitchie Mustain.
Allen brothers.
Ty Clary.

7a West game changers.
Hah.. this just goes to show that there is no group of humans too small for jealousy and infighting... :)

When it comes to getting players for the Hogs, Arkansas isn't a big enough state for people in one area to have so much resentment against people in the other. We need all the SEC-caliber players from everywhere in the state and many, many more.

I have lived in multiple regions of the state and found fine and decent people wherever I went.

HawgHeadCheese

Brooksie Ellis.
Woody Wilson.
Ben Cleveland.
Mitchie Mustain.
Allen brothers.
Ty Clary

7a West game changers.
I remember Woody Wilson he played for Fayetteville. I was a 10th grader for Pine Bluff when we went to #1 ranked Fayetteville and beat them on a 4 down stance from the 2 yd line. Rumor was Woody Wilson got drunk night before the game and was quoted saying he was going to run all over our D. That didn't happen we were hard-nosed. They had a super fast WR that ran like a 4.3 that yr. Cedric something I think

The_Iceman

He is a WR version of Darren McFadden.

Pig in the Pokey

funniest part to me is everybody poo-pooing the west guys. If it wasnt for them we would have REALLY been darn team the last 10 years. OF COURSE NWA shouldnt be the leading talent spot in the state, but it has been for the last decade.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 10, 2018, 08:06:20 am
funniest part to me is everybody poo-pooing the west guys. If it wasnt for them we would have REALLY been darn team the last 10 years. OF COURSE NWA shouldnt be the leading talent spot in the state, but it has been for the last decade.

the 7a west produces good football players... but they are no better than the ones coming from the lil ole 4a and lower classes like some think... They need to get out of the mountains definitely and watch some other ball. If Arkansas wants to find great athletes Morris needs to have these high school coaches walking the hallways of central and southern arkansas... they are everywhere.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 10, 2018, 08:04:15 am
He is a WR version of Darren McFadden.

yep. He is an Alabama type defensive player also. He literally is good at everything. Hopefully Morris is in his ear telling him what he did with Courtland Sutton!!!

311Hog

man some of you guys kill me with the "A" envy.  I played right before the PC crowd said that B and single A classification made kids feel bad, i never believed them but maybe they were right.

TONS of good to great players came from the lower classifications hell AAA south was DEEP in talent in the 90's and early 2000's and when everyone got moved a bit the talent remains.

I mean i find it crazy that Warren and Arkadelphia are in the same classification Crossett was the farthest east i had ever traveled.

I can promise you some of you 7 A guys didnt want to play some AAA teams like Lake Hamilton, Dollarway, Fairview right after the merger etc. back in the 90's  saw and played against Madre that guy was a monster and so were several players after him for Malvern (i hate to admit that btw).

#1 STUNNA

I think its sa to say that the south produces more skill players and the north produces the qbs and lineman.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 10, 2018, 09:43:52 am
I think its sa to say that the south produces more skill players and the north produces the qbs and lineman.

I would agree with this, though in its day Lake Hamilton produced some good lineman.  Not sure what happened there i guess ran out of steroids (kidding =)

cc

I can think back to guys out of the old AAA when it only went to 4A that I played with or against.  Karl Kidd, Eric Hobbs, Darwin Ireland, Tyrone Chapman, Madre Hill, etc.  There used to be a lot of guys that came out of SE Arkansas that went to the U of A.  Schools like Dumas and McGehee have dropped to almost half the size they were in late 80's to early 90's.  I can remember when Pine Bluff High was the largest high school in the state and playing Robert Woodus and Basil.   

311Hog

Quote from: cc on January 10, 2018, 10:05:10 am
I can think back to guys out of the old AAA when it only went to 4A that I played with or against.  Karl Kidd, Eric Hobbs, Darwin Ireland, Tyrone Chapman, Madre Hill, etc.  There used to be a lot of guys that came out of SE Arkansas that went to the U of A.  Schools like Dumas and McGehee have dropped to almost half the size they were in late 80's to early 90's.  I can remember when Pine Bluff High was the largest high school in the state and playing Robert Woodus and Basil.   

yeah i remember the pine bluff area in general was so good. Teams like Dollarway and Watson Chapel were insanely good.

PintailKiller

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 09, 2018, 09:02:31 pm

Madre Hill from 4A Malvern
TJ Hammonds says hi
Kolian Jackson will be a beast.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

247Hog

Who cares if they play in 4A, 7A, 12P, 94Z. I don't care if the kid is from Moro, Arkansas. If he can play then play and help the Hogs, sign him up.

No reason to argue about which classification is better or worse because we all know 2 Double D trumps all other classifications hands down  ;)
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: cc on January 09, 2018, 07:11:03 pm
no.  Clarendon I think

Correct. Cedric Houston was from Clarendon. His head coach pushed him to Tennessee and was run out of Clarendon because of it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 10, 2018, 08:06:20 am
NWA is no where near the leading talent spot in the state it's just the mist resourceful and in the backyard of U of A. They have better facilities, better coaches, more community support, and more exposure, but they don't have nowhere near as much talent as central and southeast AR.

IronHog

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on January 10, 2018, 12:56:32 pm
NWA is no where near the leading talent spot in the state it's just the mist resourceful and in the backyard of U of A. They have better facilities, better coaches, more community support, and more exposure, but they don't have nowhere near as much talent as central and southeast AR.

Last staff gifted them several starting spots as well........

AirWarren

Quote from: PintailKiller on January 10, 2018, 10:53:23 am
Madre Hill from 4A Malvern
TJ Hammonds says hi
Kolian Jackson will be a beast.

Joe Adams CAC
DJ Williams CAC
Austin Capps Star City
Johnny Gibson Dumas
Joshua Liddell PB Dollarway
Montaric Brown Ashdown
Ladarius Bishop Ashdown
LaMichael Pettway Nashville
Kirby Adcock Nashville
David Porter Joe T Robinson
Will Gragg Dumas
Deon Stewart Highland

A couple of former hogs and current hogs thanks to 4A football.

THE TRUE PIPELINE OF TALENT IN THIS STATE. BAR NONE.

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 09, 2018, 09:19:10 pm

DJ Williams....also 4A from CAC....went to the NFL.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: AP85 on January 10, 2018, 01:32:59 pm
Joe Adams CAC
DJ Williams CAC
Austin Capps Star City
Johnny Gibson Dumas
Joshua Liddell PB Dollarway
Montaric Brown Ashdown
Ladarius Bishop Ashdown
LaMichael Pettway Nashville
Kirby Adcock Nashville
David Porter Joe T Robinson
Will Gragg Dumas
Deon Stewart Highland

A couple of former hogs and current hogs thanks to 4A football.

THE TRUE PIPELINE OF TALENT IN THIS STATE. BAR NONE.
Besides the older CAC guys none of these guys have really made any noise.

AirWarren

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on January 10, 2018, 02:08:25 pm

Who cares. They make up the majority of scholarship athlete from Arkansas on the football team.

#1 STUNNA

Maybe 4a tj Hammonds can finally get the ball in his hands now with a real coaching staff.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 08:49:05 pm

Really?
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 10, 2018, 09:27:19 am
the 7a west produces good football players... but they are no better than the ones coming from the lil ole 4a and lower classes like some think... They need to get out of the mountains definitely and watch some other ball. If Arkansas wants to find great athletes Morris needs to have these high school coaches walking the hallways of central and southern arkansas... they are everywhere.

Please stop.
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

IronHog

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on January 10, 2018, 02:59:30 pm
Really?

Yes really

Only a fool thinks every 7a player is better than 4a players from a top team

They just play both ways and often out of position

IronHog

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on January 10, 2018, 02:08:25 pm

Gibson is their best lineman in the real world