Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burks

Started by #1 STUNNA, January 09, 2018, 02:37:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 18, 2018, 10:16:28 am
lets just hope hes a hog.. I think we have a 50% chance

I am willing to bet that it is more than a 50% chance. Way more.

I would be more concerned if I saw him wearing LSU gear around.....but I have seen him in Arkansas stuff more than anything.

LSU is by far the most underachieving, overrated team in America year in and year out.....with a very mediocre coach....one that can't even find a worthy quarterback.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: AP85 on January 18, 2018, 10:36:13 am
I am willing to bet that it is more than a 50% chance. Way more.

I would be more concerned if I saw him wearing LSU gear around.....but I have seen him in Arkansas stuff more than anything.

LSU is by far the most underachieving, overrated team in America year in and year out.....with a very mediocre coach....one that can't even find a worthy quarterback.

I agree with all.. just stating what i have seen on FB from his family.

Peter Porker

Heard from someone close to the Warren coaching staff that Burks stepdad is a huge LSU fan or even played for them. Can anyone else confirm?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 18, 2018, 10:49:43 am
Heard from someone close to the Warren coaching staff that Burks stepdad is a huge LSU fan or even played for them. Can anyone else confirm?
could be why his mother loves LSU  supposedly. I know nothing about his father situation. I know hes said he wants to play close to home for his grandma... said he plays for his grandfather.

AirWarren

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 18, 2018, 10:49:43 am

Incorrect on the played for them business. I graduated with his stepdad. He was in my class.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 18, 2018, 10:21:57 am
I think it will be arkansas or LSU... saw on FB the other day where his mother said she loves LSU.

His talents would be wasted there. Just think what OBJ could have done in college in a modern offense. I know he was a 1st round pick, he might have been top 5 in a non-corndog offense.

OC has not been a coordinator in 20 years. Cajun Bert as HC. We are on the way up, LSU, not so much..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

zebradynasty

I would not dismiss LSU. Despite their criminal misuse of talent...they still win a lot of games and receive much more respect nationally than Arkansas! Two fairly recent national championships....better watch those tigers in this!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 18, 2018, 12:45:22 pm
I would not dismiss LSU. Despite their criminal misuse of talent...they still win a lot of games and receive much more respect nationally than Arkansas! Two fairly recent national championships....better watch those tigers in this!
they have coach O. and they just lost 6 to early entry. they are slipping hard.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 18, 2018, 01:20:09 pm

They will end up having a top 10 recruiting class this year... if thats slipping... we need to start slipping..lol

liljo

One thing I have, for certain, taken from this thread:

This fall, I am going to go and see Mr. Burks in person. It's fun watching film, but I really love sensing the excitement of the crowd when a player like that does something special.

"Back in the Day," every time Madre touched the football practically everyone in the stadium jumped to their feet, expecting him to break it. I remember a game in either his junior or senior year, at Whitehall, when he scored 5-6 TDs, with a couple called back for penalties. He scored on a punt return that was just unreal. I think he finished that game with 190+ yards just in rushing. After the game I told Madre, "Young man, it sure is fun watching you tote that rock." He replied, "Thank you, sir! I just couldn't get off tonight." I walked away, laughing.

To be mentioned right up there with players like Shabazz, McFadden, Hill, and others--that is testimony to the greatness of this new Arkansas superstar player. I just PRAY he goes on to be the legend he can be...in an Arkansas Razorbacks uniform. Would do this old heart wonders.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: liljo on January 18, 2018, 01:44:07 pm
One thing I have, for certain, taken from this thread:

This fall, I am going to go and see Mr. Burks in person. It's fun watching film, but I really love sensing the excitement of the crowd when a player like that does something special.

"Back in the Day," every time Madre touched the football practically everyone in the stadium jumped to their feet, expecting him to break it. I remember a game in either his junior or senior year, at Whitehall, when he scored 5-6 TDs, with a couple called back for penalties. He scored on a punt return that was just unreal. I think he finished that game with 190+ yards just in rushing. After the game I told Madre, "Young man, it sure is fun watching you tote that rock." He replied, "Thank you, sir! I just couldn't get off tonight." I walked away, laughing.

To be mentioned right up there with players like Shabazz, McFadden, Hill, and others--that is testimony to the greatness of this new Arkansas superstar player. I just PRAY he goes on to be the legend he can be...in an Arkansas Razorbacks uniform. Would do this old heart wonders.

They will win state if he gets the nod at QB

zebradynasty

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 18, 2018, 01:24:07 pm
They will end up having a top 10 recruiting class this year... if thats slipping... we need to start slipping..lol

Exactly! Good talent will make up for poor coaching to a degree! In recent history Arkansas has had poor coaching and poor talent.

RaisinHog

Stepp and lunney gona watch him play ball in junction City tonight .. I will say one thing our staff is working there butts off so far on this one !

31to6

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 18, 2018, 01:20:09 pm
Yes. But, as the saying goes, Coach O can sell a hotsauce popsicle to a woman in white gloves...

I would never count him out in recruiting.

HawgwildinMI

January 18, 2018, 05:49:00 pm #214 Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:12:54 pm by HawgwildinMI
Treylon Burks will be happy to see CCMs offense. That I think will be key in the race. Could you imagine Burks and Gunnell in CCMs first full class at Arkansas? Centerpieces for the future.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 18, 2018, 07:43:50 am
110h. There's no 200h.

Maybe that is why he still holds the record! :)
Retired Radio Host

Peter Porker

Has hair like ODB and wore a gold tie for the Landers Award.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 18, 2018, 09:17:19 pm
orange tie

colbs

It looked more orange to me.  I figured he was wearing because that's Warren's colors.  The whole predicting where someone is going based on tie color hasn't been the best indicator as of late.

AirWarren

Dear lord, it was orange.

fishes2000

What are the odd's of getting Burks and Hudson Henry? Any idea on when they will take their visits?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: fishes2000 on January 19, 2018, 10:56:04 am
What are the odd's of getting Burks and Hudson Henry? Any idea on when they will take their visits?
75%
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Been10Hog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 17, 2018, 11:15:32 pm
Y'all must be forgetting about Derek Russell from Little Rock Central.  I think he still holds the record for the 200m hurdles.  Great wide receiver in the NFL.  You have to talk about him when discussing great WR from Arkansas.
I can't get out of my memory Derek Russell dropping the bomb that hit him right in both hands first play against Texas in LR. But, he was fast and burned their secondary on that play!

AirWarren

#1 STUNNA

Add Florida State to the list

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 20, 2018, 07:45:29 pm
Add Florida State to the list

Let me make this easy.  Add EVERYONE to the list.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

FATHAWG08

Arkansas's offense is setup for Burks to showcase his talents and become a dominant College Players. He could become a legend in Arkansas. I believe he is that good.
I love off season Football!!

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

SooieGeneris

January 21, 2018, 12:02:38 am #229 Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:17:36 am by SooieGeneris
Quote from: zebradynasty on January 18, 2018, 02:23:34 pm
Exactly! Good talent will make up for poor coaching to a degree! In recent history Arkansas has had poor coaching and poor talent.

Some of that "poor talent" will be on display tomorrow in the NFL conference championship games: Wise and Flowers for NE and Jay Wright for MN, the same team Greg Childs would be starring for if not for that patella injury. Hollister is on the practice squad for the Pats also. They drafted Bequette and Mallett earlier, others as well.

The talent in recent years has not been the problem. There are numerous players even from the Bielema era in the NFL, we have been in the top third of the SEC in players drafted in the last several years. They didn't get there with most of them sticking by not having talent.

LSU had plenty of talent in the DiNardo era, poor coaching kept them at .500 or worse. Poor coaching will eventually hold back the best of talent.

Orgeron left behind Dexter McCluster, Greg Hardy, Michael Oher and several others when he left OM because he couldn't win even with the 2nd or 3rd best talent in the SEC West. It was easily in the top half of the league overall, but they didn't win due to poor coaching. He is starting to work his reverse Midas touch at LSU, watch and see.

Here is the list of SEC players drafted by school in the 10 drafts between 2007-2016. Arkansas is FIFTH out of the 14, ahead of Auburn, A&M and MSU. Yes, LSU leads the pack, but Ed O. was not the coach there then. Give him time and he can run any program in the ground.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-teams-nfl-draft-picks-past-decade/

KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 20, 2018, 09:14:21 pm
Not even top 50
top 50 of what? He passed for 1000 yards, ran for a 1000, and had 1000 receiving yards his senior season.. lol.. name another kid that has done that.. you can't

Redhogs

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 21, 2018, 12:02:38 am
Some of that "poor talent" will be on display tomorrow in the NFL conference championship games: Wise and Flowers for NE and Jay Wright for MN, the same team Greg Childs would be starring for if not for that patella injury. Hollister is on the practice squad for the Pats also. They drafted Bequette and Mallett earlier, others as well.

The talent in recent years has not been the problem. There are numerous players even from the Bielema era in the NFL, we have been in the top third of the SEC in players drafted in the last several years. They didn't get there with most of them sticking by not having talent.

LSU had plenty of talent in the DiNardo era, poor coaching kept them at .500 or worse. Poor coaching will eventually hold back the best of talent.

Orgeron left behind Dexter McCluster, Greg Hardy, Michael Oher and several others when he left OM because he couldn't win even with the 2nd or 3rd best talent in the SEC West. It was easily in the top half of the league overall, but they didn't win due to poor coaching. He is starting to work his reverse Midas touch at LSU, watch and see.

Here is the list of SEC players drafted by school in the 10 drafts between 2007-2016. Arkansas is FIFTH out of the 14, ahead of Auburn, A&M and MSU. Yes, LSU leads the pack, but Ed O. was not the coach there then. Give him time and he can run any program in the ground.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-teams-nfl-draft-picks-past-decade/
Good post.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

zebradynasty

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 21, 2018, 12:02:38 am

Poor talent might not have been an accurate term. "Not enough talent" is more accurate. That article is misleading. It leaves one to come to the conclusion that 37 draft picks over a 10 year is enough to win the SEC. But the fact is the teams that have won the SEC over the last 10 years had much more than 37 draft picks. Now 37 or less has gotten teams to the championship and there is nothing wrong with claiming Arkansas COULD have enough talent to get to the championship game but win? The flip side is the teams winning the SEC-West nearly always have more talent than Arkansas and the article proves that.   

RaisinHog

Looks like coaches are going too another bball game tonight !!

Amityvillehogger

Move Coach Stepp down to Warren for the next year or so. Be a permanent fixture at everything.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

AirWarren

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 25, 2018, 11:34:19 am

They are really after Treylon. I like it.

Hoggish1

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 18, 2018, 12:45:22 pm
I would not dismiss LSU. Despite their criminal misuse of talent...they still win a lot of games and receive much more respect nationally than Arkansas!

Past stuff.  Moving forward we will overtake them and be lookin' at 'em gettin' smaller on the right side of our RVM,  right?  #Hammerdown

King Kong

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 25, 2018, 11:34:19 am

Smart move. Absolutely no reason to get outworked on this kid

#1 STUNNA

One thing is for sure... they have made it known that Treylon is a priority. We can never say that they didn't recruit him hard! 3rd time in three weeks!!!!

AugustaHog

He's the foundation to this class.  If you get him, Henry, and your QB (Gunnell or other highly touted guy) the rest of the offensive class will fall into place.  It will also give the kids in that class reason to believe that we are much closer to a turnaround with the elite QB on board. 

RaisinHog

I've never seen coaches travel like these guys have .. it seems they are everywhere .. I love it

Paul

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 25, 2018, 11:41:37 am
Move Coach Stepp down to Warren for the next year or so. Be a permanent fixture at everything.
Yeah like OU asst Bill Shimek(ex Forrest City coach) who, according to SI, spent over 40 straight days in Hooks, TX to make sure no one else signed Billy Sims.

AirWarren

Just to keep you guys updated.

http://salineriversports.blogspot.com/2018/01/three-universities-had-football.html?m=1

Looks like ole Horton still knows his way to Bradley County Ha.

liljo

As much as anyone, I hope we get this young man to come be a part of the Razorbacks program. I don't know how the staff could work any harder. At the end of the day, if they've done all they can do--then it's just up to Burks. If we get him, GREAT. If we don't, there will be no reason to blame our coaches. They are putting in the time and effort.

Who knows what's in the mind of a 17-18 year old kid. I bet one thing--I bet he knows Razorback Nation WANTS him.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

AirWarren

Quote from: liljo on January 26, 2018, 01:24:19 pm
As much as anyone, I hope we get this young man to come be a part of the Razorbacks program. I don't know how the staff could work any harder. At the end of the day, if they've done all they can do--then it's just up to Burks. If we get him, GREAT. If we don't, there will be no reason to blame our coaches. They are putting in the time and effort.

Who knows what's in the mind of a 17-18 year old kid. I bet one thing--I bet he knows Razorback Nation WANTS him.

Yup. These coaches are spending every second available in Warren.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AP85 on January 26, 2018, 01:02:29 pm
Just to keep you guys updated.

http://salineriversports.blogspot.com/2018/01/three-universities-had-football.html?m=1

Looks like ole Horton still knows his way to Bradley County Ha.

Good the coaches are on the job! I remember when people were recruiting Will Grag hot and heavy. I was at a basketball game looked up in the stands and there was Nick Saban! It looked so out of place number one that he would bother to come to Arkansas and number two he strikes me as person that could care less about a basketball game! LOL!

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 26, 2018, 01:52:12 pm
Good the coaching is on the job! I remember when people were recruiting Will Grag hot and heavy. I was at a basketball game looked up in the stands and there was Nick Saban! It looked so out of place number one that he would bother to come to Arkansas and number two he strikes me as person that could care less about a basketball game! LOL!

I remember when I was a senior, I cut a corner in the hall and nearly face planted Phil Fulmer. I said excuse me and he did as well. I remember thinking....wow.......

BenDial

All the talk about Morris's offense may not matter. I believe he really prefers playing defense. So, we may be talking about a guy wants to play safety or grow into an OLB. In that case, it would be more important to for Cooper and Chavis to show him what he can do for him.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BenDial on January 27, 2018, 09:37:17 pm
All the talk about Morris's offense may not matter. I believe he really prefers playing defense. So, we may be talking about a guy wants to play safety or grow into an OLB. In that case, it would be more important to for Cooper and Chavis to show him what he can do for him.
he's a BEAST at LB.

colbs

Quote from: BenDial on January 27, 2018, 09:37:17 pm
He's going to play WR in college.  He could go far at many positions but he can be elite at WR.