Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting Updates Headed into the Early Signing

Started by Seminole Indian, December 18, 2017, 07:24:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

December 18, 2017, 07:24:49 pm Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:50:01 am by Seminole Indian
A-State has 20 players shown as committed on 247, and most are expected to sign on Wednesday. There will also be a large number of blue-shirts signing.

Several will probably contribute next year, if they sign on.

Freshman RB Donovan Marshall (5-10, 185) is considered the best RB prospect in Missouri this year, and has several P5 offers. He should contribute as a freshman if he signs.

While A-State has all but one of their interior DL returning , plus a talented transfer setting out, JC defensive linemen Thomas Toki (5-11, 305), and Tukua Ahoia (6, 310) will be hard to keep off the field. Both looked like dominant players on their films. Thomas was Washington States highest rated signee out of HS in 2015. 

There are several 3-star DB's committed that could contribute next year as freshmen if they sign on.

They have three players from Arkansas committed; Detravion Green( 5-11.5, 174) from Ashdown, Trey Hampton (5-11.5, 254) from El Dorado, and Demetrice Holliday (6-0, 200) from Batesville. All have received 3 star ratings by at least one of the major recruiting sites.

Know they are hoping to add a Georgia Tech bounce back, who led them in rushing as a true freshman, but noticed he is not listed as a commit. Last I heard it was down to them and Memphis for his services. He turned down schools like Alabama, Auburn, etc to sign with GT so he would be a big get for them.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Nothing to report on UCA or UAPB, just have to see what happens Wednesday.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

December 19, 2017, 07:57:37 am #2 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:05:41 am by Seminole Indian
Looks like the strength of this A-State class will be an impressive group of DB's, but I really like these two defensive linemen. Had to take the long road to FBS but both can absolutely disrupt a play, and are very quick, very strong, and mean.

Tukua Ahoia

Thomas Toki

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 19, 2017, 07:57:37 am
Looks like the strength of this A-State class will be an impressive group of DB's, but I really like these two defensive linemen. Had to take the long road to FBS but both can absolutely disrupt a play, and are very quick, very strong, and mean.

Tukua Ahoia

Thomas Toki

What JCs do these two attend?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

December 19, 2017, 08:45:50 pm #4 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:05:43 pm by Seminole Indian
Their 247 profile said both attended the College of San Mateo but all I found was some videos.

Toki was a consensus 4-Star out of HS, so there was a lot of info on him out of HS but not much on Ahoia out of HS.

The videos I watched were apparently in JC  and Ahoia was as impressive as Toki. Both are very good.

I do think Toki ended up missing most of the season with an injury.

Just more of their funky ( I prefer sneaky myself) recruiting.

I mean you have to do your homework to find out that a player like Toki, who has no rating on their 247 commit list, was actually a 4-Star DL.

Seminole Indian

December 20, 2017, 09:54:41 am #5 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 10:06:52 am by Seminole Indian
Thomas Toki  has signed and here is his bio:

Midyear signee who will be able to participate in A-State's 2018 spring camp and will have two years of eligibility remaining with the Red Wolves . . . Recorded 3 tackles, including a half-tackle for loss, while playing in three games in 2016 . . . Helped lead the Bulldogs to a 7-3 record in 2016 . . . Originally signed with Washington State out of high school . . . Attended Juanita High School in Kirkland, Wash. his first three years . . . Attended St. Francis High School in Mountain View, Calif. as a senior . . . Named No. 49 prospect in Preseason Scout.com Western 150 . . . Made 57 tackles and earned West Catholic Athletic League Honorable Mention honors . . . Named to Tacoma News Tribune's Western 100, one of 11 defensive lineman selected . . . Member of 2015 U.S. Under-19 National Team that participated in 2015 International Bowl in Arlington, Texas . . . As a junior, earned First-Team All-KingCo after making 29 tackles, 17 solo including four sacks . . . All-Area Frist Team and earned First-Team All-KingCo as a sophomore . . . Rated a four star prospect by ESPN.com, Rivals.com and Scout.com . . . Ranked the No. 21 defensive tackle prospect in the country by ESPN.com and Rivals.com . . . Rated the No. 22 overall prospect in California by ESPN.com . . . Rated the No. 5 defensive tackle prospect in California by Scout.com . . . Ranked the No. 180 prospect in the ESPN 300.

Takua Ahoia has not signed his LOI.

Her is their list of players that have signed and their Bios. They update as players LOI come in.

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=211690270

All those blue-shirts they are showing are impressive players, and probably better than their "traditional" signees and the key to their "funky" recruiting success. Several were major contributors this year, and all should be next year. They will probably add more of these type players right up to the start of fall camp next year.