Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We aren't hiring Norvell

Started by Rudy Baylor, November 27, 2017, 01:07:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 27, 2017, 02:49:10 pm
You're makings statements that don't mesh.

It's not that anyone thinks venables would be a bad hire. It's the fact that he doesn't have the things on your checklist that your applying to Norvell.

dude, you're a thousand percent wrong, wow

Venables has a fricking three-deep of coaches who have decades of experience, all who would love to work for him. Look at his jobs. Look at all the great coaches who've coached against him. News flash: most coaches hire the guys they had the greatest battles against.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 27, 2017, 02:53:02 pm
Yet you say we just fired coach because he hired up and comer assistants.

correct

you have no point do you

rljjr

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:42:33 pm
I'll share the facts one more time.

the Memphis staff is Conference USA level or lower. Mike mentor is the fired coach at Arizona State.

We are Arkansas. We require a crapload better than that.

Statement: the Memphis staff is Conference USA level or lower. // FALSE The Memphis staff are currently American Athletic Conference. There is no equivalency about this.

Statement: Mike mentor is the fired coach at Arizona State. // FALSE There is no such person by the name Mike Mentor from Arizona State. If you mean Mike's mentor, that's a subjective comment not cemented in fact that can be easily documented. However, there is a nice article about his mentors and Graham is not noted: http://archive.commercialappeal.com/sports/tigers/football/team-norvell-from-mom-to-mentors-to-wife-maria-tiger-coach-has-had-plenty-of-help-along-the-way-3b74-392081301.html 

Statement: We are Arkansas. //FACT There is no reason to think you're not an Arkansas fan.

Statement: We require a crapload better than that. // Opinion based on the OPs disdain for Mike Norvell.

lechon

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

HogHomer

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 03:00:44 pm
dude, you're a thousand percent wrong, wow

Venables has a fricking three-deep of coaches who have decades of experience, all who would love to work for him. Look at his jobs. Look at all the great coaches who've coached against him. News flash: most coaches hire the guys  had the greatest battles against.
On your last point. Care to link any facts backing this up?

And you have no idea if he has a list or who's even on it. Hell it could be quality control assistants which is actually what happens alot of the time when a coordinator gets a HC job.

And who's says that Mike Norvell doesn't have a long list of coaches with plenty of experience? Oh you because you don't want him here?

Why are you applying all these requirements for Norvell but then throw them out the window when it pertains to Venables?

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: sowmonella on November 27, 2017, 02:57:28 pm
Serious question for you Rudy. What is the thrill in trolling people? Do you get a laugh when people respond? What is the end game? I'm really not trying to be an azz. I would really like to know from anyone what does trolling do for you? These are serious times for Razorback fans and some take things way too seriously but why start a thread with a title like this one? Do you sneak into the waiting room at a hospital and yell "he's dead" and the top of your voice just to see the reactions? Again not picking on you, just really curious.

I'm not trolling. Everyone here who is astonished at their own ignorance accuse others of trolling.

Why are you in fact arguing in favor of the football staff at Memphis? They're good, but they're not SEC level.

We just fired a guy for similar.

Gotta run.

SquidBilly

jgcat4

Quote from: lechon on November 27, 2017, 03:04:49 pm
We just hired him........

People panic everywhere trying to find their sources and wonder how they didn't know this first...
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

GuvHog

Quote from: lechon on November 27, 2017, 03:04:49 pm
We just hired him........

I'd love the hire if this is true. Link??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razorbackfaninar

Norvell just started following a bunch of players and commits on Twitter, just FYI

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: rljjr on November 27, 2017, 03:04:22 pm
Statement: the Memphis staff is Conference USA level or lower. // FALSE The Memphis staff are currently American Athletic Conference. There is no equivalency about this.

Statement: Mike mentor is the fired coach at Arizona State. // FALSE There is no such person by the name Mike Mentor from Arizona State. If you mean Mike's mentor, that's a subjective comment not cemented in fact that can be easily documented. However, there is a nice article about his mentors and Graham is not noted: http://archive.commercialappeal.com/sports/tigers/football/team-norvell-from-mom-to-mentors-to-wife-maria-tiger-coach-has-had-plenty-of-help-along-the-way-3b74-392081301.html 

Statement: We are Arkansas. //FACT There is no reason to think you're not an Arkansas fan.

Statement: We require a crapload better than that. // Opinion based on the OPs disdain for Mike Norvell.

:-\

hawgon

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:27:29 pm
plus I'm not arguing "sources"

that's your boys. Guv and hawgon and all the "source" guys

I'm not those guys

Woah, I haven't claimed any sources.  I'm just putting two and two together.

TexArkHogFan

This board is full of names, mostly people who that particular poster would like or not like to be our next coach.  So here's one for you.  I predict it will be not one of the names posted.  It will be someone that nobody as mentioned.  With all the coaches out there my odds of being right are better than most.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

cosmodrum

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 03:01:49 pm
correct

you have no point do you

I was asking if you think the coaches I mentioned were up and comers. Your alters are messing with your head.
Go away, batin'

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 27, 2017, 03:29:32 pm
I was asking if you think the coaches I mentioned were up and comers. Your alters are messing with your head.

you said "Quote from: cosmodrum on Today at 02:53:02 pm
Yet you say we just fired coach because he hired up and comer assistants."

I said:

correct

you have no point do you

translation:

correct

you have no point

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

cosmodrum

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 03:34:16 pm
you said "Quote from: cosmodrum on Today at 02:53:02 pm
Yet you say we just fired coach because he hired up and comer assistants."

I said:

correct

you have no point do you

translation:

correct

you have no point

It was a simple question, but unfortunately not simple enough for you.
Go away, batin'

HogHomer

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 27, 2017, 03:47:06 pm
Just look at the questions I have asked him. a bunch of dancing around and announcing personal opinion. But no facts to back up his position.

cosmodrum

Quote from: HogHomer on November 27, 2017, 04:00:39 pm
Just look at the questions I have asked him. a bunch of dancing around and announcing personal opinion. But no facts to back up his position.

Just to get responses. Notice how this is 4 pages of nothing?
Go away, batin'

HogHomer

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 27, 2017, 04:03:28 pm
Just to get responses. Notice how this is 4 pages of nothing?
Sad thing is I contributed way too much to this thread but hey I'm bored at home while waiting on word for my next work site.

Paul

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 27, 2017, 02:51:29 pm
Can we keep this thread going for another week so we can see this to fruition?
He'll disappear long before then.  His complexion is that of a dead man keyboarding

Paul

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 27, 2017, 03:12:39 pm
Norvell just started following a bunch of players and commits on Twitter, just FYI
think he's been doing that for several weeks

Paul

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 27, 2017, 02:35:18 pm
Pork said in his Sunday Tid bits that Norvell was off the table with the PTB .
he probably was faked out by the claim on Nafoom that Norvell had a gambling issue which has since been exposed as fake news

JONAS

Quote from: Paul on November 27, 2017, 04:17:08 pm
he probably was faked out by the claim on Nafoom that Norvell had a gambling issue which has since been exposed as fake news

I don't know who started it, but didn't we hire a guy who likes to drink and gamble?  Jen and Bret met at a blackjack table in Vegas.  Didn't matter when we hired him.  Should not matter now.  Mike Norvell needs to be offered.  I guarantee you that he will not go 11-29 in the SEC in 5 years.

navyhog24

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 01:07:39 pm
I don't have a link.

It's over on Norvell. Okay folks?

It's. Not. Happening.

I like him too. Great young coach. But he's too young. He's too unproven.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Paul on November 27, 2017, 04:14:45 pm
think he's been doing that for several weeks

Since the South Carolina game.

JONAS

Quote from: cjack on November 27, 2017, 01:31:03 pm
This needs trashed.  People read the headline thinking something has been decided but find out it's just another no name poster that knows as much as I do.  It worked on me, though.  Got me to read and comment.

I'm beginning to think that no one has a clue.

Arky

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 27, 2017, 03:47:06 pm
you tell'em cosmo......

3kgthog

So, your uncle graduated from the school that started the gambling rumor. Convenient.

jgcat4

I'm sorry. Coach Norvell couldn't hear you. Could you speak up?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HogHomer on November 27, 2017, 03:05:17 pm
On your last point. Care to link any facts backing this up?

And you have no idea if he has a list or who's even on it. Hell it could be quality control assistants which is actually what happens alot of the time when a coordinator gets a HC job.

And who's says that Mike Norvell doesn't have a long list of coaches with plenty of experience? Oh you because you don't want him here?

Why are you applying all these requirements for Norvell but then throw them out the window when it pertains to Venables?

This is all I want to know. Can you please explain, Rudy?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Paul

Quote from: jgcat4 on November 27, 2017, 05:32:18 pm
I'm sorry. Coach Norvell couldn't hear you. Could you speak up?
Well done

3dawghawg

Some say MN hasn't been a head coach long enough. Those same people would have never hired Dabo either. I will go as far to say that if an AD has not been hired by Saturday there may be a package deal that we get both coach and AD from Memphis. I have absolutely no source just a gut feeling.

jgcat4

Quote from: 3dawghawg on November 27, 2017, 05:48:59 pm
Some say MN hasn't been a head coach long enough. Those same people would have never hired Dabo either. I will go as far to say that if an AD has not been hired by Saturday there may be a package deal that we get both coach and AD from Memphis. I have absolutely no source just a gut feeling.

I read on a Memphis board where that is a rumor in Memphis. TIFWIW

Paul

a Memphis booster I played golf with yesterday told me that was a rumor.  I posted it here last night.  Also said Norvell may bring in Todd Graham as his DC.  They have a close relationship both have said approaches father/ son.  Don't know how I feel about Graham as DC but the rest sounds great.

jgcat4

Quote from: Paul on November 27, 2017, 06:28:08 pm
a Memphis booster I played golf with yesterday told me that was a rumor.  I posted it here last night.  Also said Norvell may bring in Todd Graham as his DC.  They have a close relationship both have said approaches father/ son.  Don't know how I feel about Graham as DC but the rest sounds great.

And that's what I read. Thank you for posting that.

3dawghawg

I hope this rumor happens. I think MN could be a Grand slam in the long run.

East TN HAWG

Does Norville situation remind anyone of the Stan Heath hire?  You have to admit there are a lot of similarities. 

JONAS

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 27, 2017, 06:50:25 pm
Does Norville situation remind anyone of the Stan Heath hire?  You have to admit there are a lot of similarities. 

At least Norvell's teams score more than Heath's teams.

ipigsooie

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 27, 2017, 06:50:25 pm

No, I don't think so. If I am not mistaken, after the Nolan debacle and him suing the university, were we not under immense pressure to hire a minority due to the perception?

Stan Heath didn't work out but he had good credentials. He was part of the Izzo tree and his team made the elite 8. I don't think it was a bad hire, it just didn't work out.

You can play this game all day. Give someone an experienced coach and they can say it's just like when we hired Bielema. Give someone a coach like Kiffin and they can say, it's another Petrino.  You never know until you know. The risk with Norvell is less than a big name coach. Norvell will not command a huge buyout. The truth is you just never know. Nothing is guaranteed.

Hawg Life

Quote from: JONAS on November 27, 2017, 07:02:26 pm
At least Norvell's teams score more than Heath's teams.

If you Twitter.. follow garyparrishcbs.. he'll break anything Norvell before anyone else. I'm not Gary, but we did go to school together. It's 100% not Gus!!!

Dropkick

Actually we are gonna hire him. See how easy that was.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 27, 2017, 07:09:38 pm
No, I don't think so. If I am not mistaken, after the Nolan debacle and him suing the university, were we not under immense pressure to hire a minority due to the perception?

Stan Heath didn't work out but he had good credentials. He was part of the Izzo tree and his team made the elite 8. I don't think it was a bad hire, it just didn't work out.

You can play this game all day. Give someone an experienced coach and they can say it's just like when we hired Bielema. Give someone a coach like Kiffin and they can say, it's another Petrino.  You never know until you know. The risk with Norvell is less than a big name coach. Norvell will not command a huge buyout. The truth is you just never know. Nothing is guaranteed.

Stan Heath was an asst for Izzo.  He went to Kent State for one year and took that team deep in the tournament.  He did not build that program, but he reaped the benefits to an elite job at the time.

How long has Norvill been at Memphis?  Did he build the program?

The main difference is that our football program is not at he same level as our basketball program was at that time.

I don't know if he would succeed here or not, but there are similarities.  All I'm saying. 

Pig in the Pokey

Well, this must be embarrassing lol. Being as how Norvell is our coach, braids and all. I hope he gets a grill....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 07:32:28 pm
Well, this must be embarrassing lol. Being as how Norvell is our coach, braids and all. I hope he gets a grill....
We were all young once.  Many of us had hair cuts etc that were not proud of.  I say give the man a break on that. 

FATHAWG08

Neither was Kirby Smart or Lincoln Riley. Seems they may get their teams in the playoffs within 1/2 years of becoming their HC. If those Blue Bloods can hire a Coach with not enough experience why can't Arkansas?
I love off season Football!!

JONAS

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 27, 2017, 07:11:24 pm
If you Twitter.. follow garyparrishcbs.. he'll break anything Norvell before anyone else. I'm not Gary, but we did go to school together. It's 100% not Gus!!!

Where?  At Horn Lake?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 27, 2017, 07:35:34 pm
We were all young once.  Many of us had hair cuts etc that were not proud of.  I say give the man a break on that.
you read that wrong; or i typed that misleadingly. I meant, OP must be embarrassed , b/c he's wrong af and was speaking in absolutes again, and I LOVE that Norvell had cornrows b/c some old fools will get all butthurt about it (b/c they racist). It was a bit trolly of a post, but I LOVE Norvell.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 28, 2017, 12:30:32 pm
you read that wrong; or i typed that misleadingly. I meant, OP must be embarrassed , b/c he's wrong af and was speaking in absolutes again, and I LOVE that Norvell had cornrows b/c some old fools will get all butthurt about it (b/c they racist). It was a bit trolly of a post, but I LOVE Norvell.

Not embarrassed at all.

If you choose not to read the reasoning behind it, not my issue. Take care.

emdavenp