Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We aren't hiring Norvell

Started by Rudy Baylor, November 27, 2017, 01:07:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rljjr

HogHomer

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:21:44 pm
wow

Brent Venables is as big a hire as Bob Stoops was when Oklahoma hired him from being the DC at Florida for Spurrier. He's even older in fact.

Sorry, you being out of touch with reality is not my problem.
Your biggest point for Norvell not coming here is assistants atleast he's put together a coaching staff. What is Venables going to say in an interview when asked about assistants? Or does he not have to answer that question because he's your choice?

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: rljjr on November 27, 2017, 02:24:30 pm
No intended disrespect to your pseudonym, but it's really, really easy to say something isn't happening. If you have facts, state them. If you have sources, cite them. If you can't cite them publicly, cite them on background by general position such as "a prominent booster" or "a sports agent" or "an athletic director familiar with this part of the country."

Until then you're Duckman and Gruden. You're "take it to the bank." You're 10-12% right. You're a "two-chinstrap" poster. You're "Billy Gillispie is coming."

I do have facts. You choose to ignore them because you are willing to shade the truth in favor of your argument.

HogHomer

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:26:09 pm
I do have facts. You choose to ignore them because you are willing to shade the truth in favor of your argument.
You are doing exactly what you accused him of doing.
And no you have opinions that are based on facts you have gathered. You haven't presented any facts as to why Norvell isn't going to be hired. You've only presented why you believe he shouldn't be hired.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: rljjr on November 27, 2017, 02:24:30 pm
No intended disrespect to your pseudonym, but it's really, really easy to say something isn't happening. If you have facts, state them. If you have sources, cite them. If you can't cite them publicly, cite them on background by general position such as "a prominent booster" or "a sports agent" or "an athletic director familiar with this part of the country."

Until then you're Duckman and Gruden. You're "take it to the bank." You're 10-12% right. You're a "two-chinstrap" poster. You're "Billy Gillispie is coming."

plus I'm not arguing "sources"

that's your boys. Guv and hawgon and all the "source" guys

I'm not those guys

hawgon

JONAS

Quote from: ballz2thewall on November 27, 2017, 01:20:01 pm
supposedly ole miss didn't want norvell because "a red flag was raised by something in his background".

that "red flag" was unexplained. memphis message boards say the "rumor" is the red flag is gambling.

that's what they say......

edit: norvell is a pick that i'd take in a minute.

I was listening to Greg Gaston this morning.  He said he has not heard anything about Norvell and gambling.  If so, they would have heard of it by now. 

1highhog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:18:52 pm
my post, with no link and no fake source, is click bait? That's just crazy.

I'm confident it's not happening. Thus, what I wrote is, it's not happening.

You just don't understand plain ole Arkansas English do ya boy,  I said your title needed changed, because as its written now, "we aren't hiring Norvell" is pure fiction at this point, simply your opinion, in other words, click bait.  You should have stated "the reason we may not hire Norvell", see, not click bait.   You are a clickbaiten fool yo!!!

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: HogHomer on November 27, 2017, 02:25:22 pm
Your biggest point for Norvell not coming here is assistants atleast he's put together a coaching staff. What is Venables going to say in an interview when asked about assistants? Or does he not have to answer that question because he's your choice?

What is Venables going to say? LOL! He'll have a better answer than Will Muschamp had at Florida and as good of an answer or better than Kirby had at Georgia.

I suspect with his truly vast experience, his answers will blow Kirby and Muschamp out of the water.

HogHomer

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:30:25 pm
What is Venables going to say? LOL! He'll have a better answer than Will Muschamp had at Florida and as good of an answer or better than Kirby had at Georgia.

I suspect with his truly vast experience, his answers will blow Kirby and Muschamp out of the water.
So all of that typing to avoid the question and say absolutely nothing.

1highhog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:27:29 pm

I'm not those guys

Well, this trash can of a post is at least driving your post count up.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: HogHomer on November 27, 2017, 02:27:07 pm
You are doing exactly what you accused him of doing.
And no you have opinions that are based on facts you have gathered. You haven't presented any facts as to why Norvell isn't going to be hired. You've only presented why you believe he shouldn't be hired.

thank you! Yes, I do have opinions based on facts I've gathered! Thank you sir!

rhames

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:32:34 pm

Care to share the facts?

Or just your assumption on staff?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

k.c.hawg

Nothing like a big blowhard that just keeps talking because he likes to hear himself talk, even if he is full of shart.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

HogHomer

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:32:34 pm
Yes you have but that doesn't make you opinion right. Because the facts you read to base your opinion as you have shown us is very shallow and consists of double standards.

DeltaBoy

Pork said in his Sunday Tid bits that Norvell was off the table with the PTB .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 01:39:24 pm
Bret Bielema has more ability to hire an SEC level staff than he does. That's simply a fact.

We fired Bret. Thank God.

Mike Norvell is a kid. Sorry. I thought on the job training was something we've always railed against.

His coaching tree is Todd Graham. Is that his interview reference? The guy who just got canned at AZ State?

Uh....dude.....two words on his coaching tree...Clint Conque...

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: 1highhog on November 27, 2017, 02:29:29 pm
You just don't understand plain ole Arkansas English do ya boy,  I said your title needed changed, because as its written now, "we aren't hiring Norvell" is pure fiction at this point, simply your opinion, in other words, click bait.  You should have stated "the reason we may not hire Norvell", see, not click bait.   You are a clickbaiten fool yo!!!

am I getting paid for you clicking it then? Where the hell is my payment?

rhames

Quote from: ricepig on November 27, 2017, 02:36:06 pm

That made me laugh

So who we getting Rice?

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Hawg Life

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 27, 2017, 02:35:18 pm

Otis took a message from an Ole Miss message board that was nonsensical & non factual, and ran with it. Norvell is in the top 3 and it wouldn't surprise me if he were hired.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on November 27, 2017, 02:36:06 pm
Unless you are from this area, Clint Conque sounds like a pimp in Key Largo.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: HogHomer on November 27, 2017, 02:31:22 pm
So all of that typing to avoid the question and say absolutely nothing.

No. Actually with you it's like debating a child. So I'm going to let you scurry off and clean up your toys.

MissippHog

rljjr

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:27:29 pm

I'm not those guys

I don't have "boys" on Hogville, Broham. I just enjoy reading. You again have said nothing concrete or factual, but that's ok. I'm able so parse fact from fiction. I have no idea who is being targeted. I have no sources. I have opinions on who I prefer. That's about it.

Thanks for playing and nice try at the DAM method -- Deny everything, Admit nothing, Make Counter-Accusations. It fools a lot of people. Well played. Have a nice day, Hog Fan.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: 1highhog on November 27, 2017, 02:31:36 pm
Well, this trash can of a post is at least driving your post count up.

am I getting paid for that?

wildturkey8

There is something odd about this Rudy Baylor.

SquidBilly

Did JFB have a coaching tree before he got here?  Did he have a staff of 10 yr veteran assistants when he came here?  Everyone keeps clamoring for experience.  Does it matter?  If the coach and his assistants pass the eye test why isn't that good enough.  I swear some of you would pass on a perfect 10 hottie if you found out she was a virgin. 

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: rhames on November 27, 2017, 02:33:42 pm

Care to share the facts?

Or just your assumption on staff?

I'll share the facts one more time.

the Memphis staff is Conference USA level or lower. Mike mentor is the fired coach at Arizona State.

We are Arkansas. We require a crapload better than that.

rljjr

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 27, 2017, 02:41:35 pm
There is something odd about this Rudy Baylor.

It's all great theater to keep people entertained ... or more precisely, for his/her entertainment.

Brass Knob

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:16:33 pm
what specific points are you making in regard to each one?

they aren't 28 year old first or second year assistants in the American Ath Conferences, and they played football in college, for instance.

Did you even bother looking at his coordinators before posting?

rhames

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:42:33 pm

the Memphis staff is Conference USA level or lower. Mike mentor is the fired coach at Arizona State.

So who are we going to hire?

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: HogHomer on November 27, 2017, 02:35:11 pm
Yes you have but that doesn't make you opinion right. Because the facts you read to base your opinion as you have shown us is very shallow and consists of double standards.

Brent Venables being highly experienced is not a "double standard"

Brent Venables is not a kid on the Memphis staff, and he's not that ridiculous excuse for an outside linebacker coach we just got rid of... for example

wildturkey8

Rudy Baylor joined this board on September 11, 2017.  Two day after the TCU loss.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 27, 2017, 02:35:18 pm

Thank you Delta

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: rljjr on November 27, 2017, 02:40:07 pm
I don't have "boys" on Hogville, Broham. I just enjoy reading. You again have said nothing concrete or factual, but that's ok. I'm able so parse fact from fiction. I have no idea who is being targeted. I have no sources. I have opinions on who I prefer. That's about it.

Thanks for playing and nice try at the DAM method -- Deny everything, Admit nothing, Make Counter-Accusations. It fools a lot of people. Well played. Have a nice day, Hog Fan.

your strawman argument is the worst strawman argument I think I've ever seen

1highhog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:36:55 pm
am I getting paid for you clicking it then? Where the hell is my payment?

Hogville is free, oh wait,,, are you having to pay for being on here?  Serves you right.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:21:44 pm
wow

Brent Venables is as big a hire as Bob Stoops was when Oklahoma hired him from being the DC at Florida for Spurrier. He's even older in fact.

Sorry, you being out of touch with reality is not my problem.

You're makings statements that don't mesh.

It's not that anyone thinks venables would be a bad hire. It's the fact that he doesn't have the things on your checklist that your applying to Norvell.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 27, 2017, 02:42:08 pm
Did JFB have a coaching tree before he got here?  Did he have a staff of 10 yr veteran assistants when he came here?  Everyone keeps clamoring for experience.  Does it matter?  If the coach and his assistants pass the eye test why isn't that good enough.  I swear some of you would pass on a perfect 10 hottie if you found out she was a virgin.

Yes. A guy named Boddy Dodd.

HeyHogs

Can we keep this thread going for another week so we can see this to fruition?

cosmodrum

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:16:33 pm
what specific points are you making in regard to each one?

they aren't 28 year old first or second year assistants in the American Ath Conferences, and they played football in college, for instance.

Yet you say we just fired coach because he hired up and comer assistants.

Go away, batin'

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Brass Knob on November 27, 2017, 02:43:06 pm
Did you even bother looking at his coordinators before posting?

Darrell Dickey and the Ball guy?

Bielema's "analyst" Wally Burnham this year has light years on them. He wasn't even a fulltime assistant. He came to be with Rhoads.

Dickey and Ball would be lucky to get hired at Kentucky.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: rhames on November 27, 2017, 02:44:19 pm

So who are we going to hire?

hopefully Lane Kiffin or Brent Venables

sowmonella

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:48:26 pm
your strawman argument is the worst strawman argument I think I've ever seen

Serious question for you Rudy. What is the thrill in trolling people? Do you get a laugh when people respond? What is the end game? I'm really not trying to be an azz. I would really like to know from anyone what does trolling do for you? These are serious times for Razorback fans and some take things way too seriously but why start a thread with a title like this one? Do you sneak into the waiting room at a hospital and yell "he's dead" and the top of your voice just to see the reactions? Again not picking on you, just really curious.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HogHomer

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:45:03 pm
Brent Venables being highly experienced is not a "double standard"

Brent Venables is not a kid on the Memphis staff, and he's not that ridiculous excuse for an outside linebacker coach we just got rid of... for example
He's also never been a HC he's never had to hire a staff. Mike Norvell has. So yes Venables is highly experienced.... As a DC. Norvell is more experienced as a HC. He's had to deal with everything that goes into being a HC. Venables hasn't. So he would be learning on the job. Which you said Norvell would be doing and used it as a negative. Once again it's okay to have preferences but when you try to pass your preferences as facts you are flat out wrong.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: ballz2thewall on November 27, 2017, 01:20:01 pm
supposedly ole miss didn't want norvell because "a red flag was raised by something in his background".

that "red flag" was unexplained. memphis message boards say the "rumor" is the red flag is gambling.

that's what they say......

edit: norvell is a pick that i'd take in a minute.
I think no coach wanted to touch the Ole Mrs program because of impending sanctions.   Matt Luke is going to get a $4yr/$9M contract to weather the NCAA storm that probably has a low buyout figure in each direction so if OM sees the sanctions wont be as bad as they think, they could go after another coach and it would not cost much to get out of the contract with Matt Luke.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 27, 2017, 02:45:33 pm
Rudy Baylor joined this board on September 11, 2017.  Two day after the TCU loss.

Well, you got me. Dang.

ricepig

colbs

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 27, 2017, 02:42:33 pm

Well BP's mentor was JLS so...