Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does this convince anyone?

Started by jnhogs, November 20, 2017, 02:02:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beachhawg

Sounds to me like he is keeping with the best he can so as to help his brand.  Undoubtedly there are a couple of teams looking at him as a coach.  Can't screw that up!
If he were fired today his chances of moving on to another job would be more difficult.  As it stands now, he can simply take another job after this one and it helps both sides.  Reduces a buyout and BB is employed somewhere else.  Both sides content, nothing looks bad, brand ok.   

DLUXHOG

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 20, 2017, 05:56:37 pm
In all reality though...what is he supposed to say?  I mean, yeah, it would be nice to hear him own the failures but few do.

So...??  He owns the failures...  what does that accomplish? We all fail..   next?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

TexasHog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 20, 2017, 05:53:28 pm
No, but after HDN and CBP (who I actually loved for a minute or two) debacles, I seriously think CBB is the right man for the job.....

TexasHog

Didn't he say he would leave on his own if he couldn't win here and that we wouldn't have to run him off?

Tusks

No, but after HDN and CBP (who I actually loved for a minute or two) debacles, I seriously think CBB is the right man for the job.....

I think you're off your meds.  You don't go from losing at historical proportions to winning at historical proportions
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogsolutely

Nice guy, but I need him to want in one hand an crap in the other an see which one fills up first!

Rzback

Here's the "DEAL"... One more year, if the players vote you back, you replace the offensive and defensive line coaches along with the strength and conditioning coach, you have a top 15 recruiting class, you win at least 9 games next year, and if any of these conditions are not met, your buy out will be $500,000.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

MuskogeeHogFan

I have been a fan of Bielema since his hire. But it has become clear that if you could have two HC's, he is the one who should be in charge of the program off the field, outside of play on the field. He's a great guy. I like him. Most can't keep from liking him if you have ever been around him. But he has let this whole "on the field/game thing", get away from him. It's sad because I believe that he is a good man. But he just can't seem to get it all put together when playing games.
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood870

Quote from: Rzback on November 20, 2017, 06:18:46 pm
Here's the "DEAL"... One more year, if the players vote you back, you replace the offensive and defensive line coaches along with the strength and conditioning coach, you have a top 15 recruiting class, you win at least 9 games next year, and if any of these conditions are not met, your buy out will be $500,000.
I can't take another year.

TrueBlue

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 20, 2017, 05:46:52 pm
Next year....  CBB will go undefeated at Arkansas....  and we'll all be eating a huge amount of crow...

CBB and myself will both be undefeated next year!

Of course, we will also be winless since neither will be coaching next year.

checkraiser88

BB basically said today that our program will have a year like Notre Dame or Mississippi State did this season after having a down year the season prior, said it's an exciting time...wow

VBHOG

Bret and I have a totally different idea of "exciting time ".

Bubba's Bruisers

What year did he predict this to occur, because it won't happen next season with our QB and OL situation. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Kevin

just setting up his talking points, that his agent will use to try an get another job.

this is all going to come down, to he is a good coach, but Arkansas is a bad job. that is going to be the narrative.

heck, that is what bo basically said all day today.

he said he doesn't know how much success a coach can have here.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogcam

He's just wanting the credit if a new coach comes in and wins 9 games

PorkSoda

Quote from: Kevin on November 20, 2017, 06:33:35 pm
just setting up his talking points, that his agent will use to try an get another job.

this is all going to come down, to he is a good coach, but Arkansas is a bad job. that is going to be the narrative.

heck, that is what bo basically said all day today.

he said he doesn't know how much success a coach can have here.

11 wins is how much success a coach can have here

(and I don't mean over the course of 5 years)
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: galactivation on November 20, 2017, 03:10:15 pm
I dont people would even wave banners.. maybe a white flag. 100% apathetic about hog football til bielema is gone.

it might be different if we actually had an identity and competed, but this is an absolute dumpster fire
Maybe I am just wired different but i have never been apathetic in my 40 years of fandom.

twistitup

We have given you 5 opportunities and a 6th would not be sane

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

buldozer

hview

I believe Coach BB really believes what he said "I have so much faith in what we've built and what could be here". I like the guy, but that statement suggest he doesn't have a clue about the state of his football program. There is nothing that substantiates or suggest future success, based on what's been displayed the last 5 years. A ship a float without a leader at the helm. That's all I see. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 20, 2017, 03:09:08 pm
Rest easy.  The PTB are acting completely behind the scene for the sake of the players......It will all be revealed in a few short days.

Actually the players know what's going on.  They called the "rumors" before the public.

King Kong

At this point I have come to realize he is delusional

Nipsey Mussle

No one ever said our beliefs have to based on logic, I guess?

I'm 36 and BB is close competition with Jack Crowe for worst we ever had here during my lifetime.

Broadway Rob

So all of the things he says about young players and injuries are true.  I also agree that other coaches have made comebacks.  Here's the main difference:

Injuries and young players are absolutely no excuse for Costal Carolina.  They're not even an excuse for South Carolina.  His team has given up at times this year and that can't happen. 

Play like they did against Miss St all year and lose, man I would be totally forgiving.  But they didn't.  They hit roadblocks and give up.  That's on the coaches.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 20, 2017, 05:46:52 pm
Next year....  CBB will go undefeated at Arkansas....  and we'll all be eating a huge amount of crow...

He will go undefeated HERE. He will also go WINLESS here next year, because he won't be coaching here, if that's what you call what he does..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: TexasHog on November 20, 2017, 05:25:40 pm
Arkansas coach Bret Bielema states case for another season with Razorbacks
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-razorbacks

Only reply I got is

I want the winning numbers in the next powerball drawing, doesn't mean I'll get them.. NEXT:
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Boarcephus

I feel sorry for the guy.  By all accounts he's a helluva nice guy he's just in over his head.  This is probably one of the few things he's ever failed at in his life and after all bravado and swagger he came in with, he's having a tough time swallowing the embarrassment of his failure. 

Hope he lands on his feet and enjoys success, somewhere else. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Rzback on November 20, 2017, 06:18:46 pm

First, the players aren't going to have a say in this.

Second, the Offensive and Defensive Line coaches certainly need to be replaced, maybe the RB's coach as well.

Third, there isn't anything wrong with the S&C Coach, Herbert does the bidding of the HC and as such, conditions and develops players as the HC dictates. He's a good S&C Coach but it isn't like he gets to determine the goal of how to develop players.

Fourth, we aren't going to have a top 15 recruiting class. I'm not sure where you get this, especially on the heels of this season? Not sure why you would even entertain a notion like this? Not even possible.

Win 9 games a year? We should have won 9 and maybe even 10 at times in the previous 3 years to this season and we managed to blow those games. That isn't going to magically change.

And finally, BB isn't going to agree to something like this. That's just not reality and even if I had failed to the degree that Bielema has, I wouldn't agree to a $500,000 buy-out. We (Long) made the deal, we need to stick to that which we agreed to when we signed the deal. That's just the price you pay and why it is important to have a better negotiator as an AD.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

What f******n planet did this jack**d beam from that makes him think that next year will be any &******n different than this season?

-More of the same OL problems.
-QBs with little to no experience
-WRs that have only been here two seasons and apparently it takes CMS 4 1/2 seasons to get them serviceable.
-Golden Corral is out of chow.
-recruiting class may get bigger from guys leaving due to coaching ineptitude and lack of development.

Did I miss anything?

Oh, the Golden Corral is still out of chow. Time for him to move somewhere else.
This is my non-signature signature.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hawgon on November 20, 2017, 05:49:42 pm
Well, he is a nice guy.  Give him another year.

You must be a miserable prick.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Großer Kriegschwein

Oh, that's right, I forgot Defense. Which apparently he has too for the last 3 seasons.

No development. Zero blitzing.

They have discipline though, they do exactly what they're coached to do, even as opposing quarterback, tailbacks and receivers are running right past them.

Don't even get me started on special teams.
This is my non-signature signature.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Svrdhd

He thinks he might be able to stay for 2018. Apparently no one has told him that Arkansas will make a coaching change after Missouri.
If we actually had a coach lined up with a verbal agreement that conversation should have happened by now just as a professional courtesy, especially a coach that is on good terms except for his W/L record. That is extremely concerning, almost unbelievable if true.
  There is a very real possibility this is going to get screwed up by the BOT (GOBN).

I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.