Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just when things are looking up.

Started by hogmolar, November 20, 2017, 09:11:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

At least he wasn't arrested. Maybe he will still get to play in the PK80. I'm convinced these guy do this just for the street cred and thrill of it.

hogwood

RaisinHog

If Mike suspends him we are in trouble.... I know it may have too be done ... So frustrating

hogwood

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 20, 2017, 09:14:44 am
At least he wasn't arrested. Maybe he will still get to play in the PK80. I'm convinced these guy do this just for the street cred and thrill of it.

Mike will suspend him, no doubt. Doesn't matter if it's before playing Mississippi Valley St. or North Carolina.

PorkRinds

Hawg Red

The_Iceman

November 20, 2017, 09:20:09 am #7 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:32:27 am by The_Iceman
Nm

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

PorkRinds

If you're going to shoplift do it during the off-season! I'm hoping since he didn't actually get arrested that it's some sort of misunderstanding like not scanning all his items in the self check out line or something trivial. Simply giving a ticket seems like it's extremely minor, but I'm not an expert on shoplifting charges so I don't really know.

Rome26

Damn it........This is so like Arkansas

PorkRinds

It's not the end of the world. He will sit a few games and be back on track.

Big Nasty 34

Arkansas athletics can't stand prosperity, good grief. Pretty disappointing, he has been a great leader so far.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 20, 2017, 09:28:49 am
It's not the end of the world. He will sit a few games and be back on track.

This week is when we could really make some headway toward the postseason, though. Dang.

Sho Nuff

He has to be suspended.  What kind of message would they send if he weren't?  Mike is smart enough to understand the long term ramifications of letting this slide.

razorhead94

Only given a citation?  Have to have been something small.  Regardless it's wrong but would like to see all the facts first
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

FineAsSwine

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 20, 2017, 09:33:00 am
Only given a citation?  Have to have been something small.  Regardless it's wrong but would like to see all the facts first

Jolly Ranchers?
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawg Red

No arrest has to be a positive because there's no legal process to play out. I think we could see him simply not start against OU.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 20, 2017, 09:38:39 am
No arrest has to be a positive because there's no legal process to play out. I think we could see him simply not start against OU.
man what a relief that would be, but I see him missing a few games after this tourney? Maybe?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Youngsta71701

Or not play the 1st half.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

PorkRinds

Yep. Just pay the fine and move on. Still really stupid for him to put his career on the line. Terrible senior leadership.

sowmonella

Maybe he just ate some grapes while he was grocery shopping. Until the facts come out nobody knows.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

MountieDawg

Crab Legs???  Luckily he was not in China!
SEC!

Trm123

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Sho Nuff on November 20, 2017, 09:31:03 am
He has to be suspended.  What kind of message would they send if he weren't?  Mike is smart enough to understand the long term ramifications of letting this slide.

To me, this is just more proof positive that our kids aren't getting paid like some at other schools. Our guy goes all in on Jolly Ranchers trying to get the fans in the seats but he ended depleting his emergency snack fund.

He got hungry. He doesn't get paid. He snuck one little Snackable, not even the one with a candy bar. And as further proof of his ineptitude as a crook (and that this is out of character), he got caught first time out.

Fans, we need to support this team and show up to the games instead of just criticizing on Hogville. And buy your own Jolly Ranchers.
Hogs up! Covid down!

BannerMountainMan

This is crazy!!! I don't think it's him!!

razorback1829

Was told it was more of a misunderstanding. Don't expect him to be suspended. Will be handed internally.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: razorback1829 on November 20, 2017, 09:52:43 am
Was told it was more of a misunderstanding. Don't expect him to be suspended. Will be handed internally.
how were you told that If he wasn't the one charged??

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Trm123 on November 20, 2017, 09:49:15 am
Then there is this

John Walker is looking up Jalen Barford's phone number right now, if this is true.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hawgrunner

MountieDawg

Cover up, headed into this tournament... BOT in charge now, no Athletic Director.
SEC!

razorhead94

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 20, 2017, 09:57:57 am
Cover up, headed into this tournament... BOT in charge now, no Athletic Director.

Haha +1
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

311Hog

could have been an issue with the self check.  unless malicious intent you are generally not arrested just issued a ticket.  (forget to swipe something small) etc.

Still so many "shoplifting" stories in the news really begs the question wth are folks thinking.

The_Iceman

Hate to speculate but....I wonder if this is a situation where he forgot to scan something in his cart and the store manager didn't believe him.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 20, 2017, 09:57:57 am

If he was released without being cited, then you could make this argument. Not so much when he as been cited and has a court date. He may even contest the charge and be found innocent or not guilty (which is not quite the same as innocent).
Hogs up! Covid down!

Razorbackers

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 20, 2017, 10:02:51 am
Hate to speculate but....I wonder if this is a situation where he forgot to scan something in his cart and the store manager didn't believe him.

Maybe like some TP on the bottom of the cart or something?

Cotton

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 20, 2017, 10:05:32 am
Maybe like some TP on the bottom of the cart or something?
I've done it on accident with packs of water bottles.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

The_Iceman

PorkRinds

I'm hearing the store manager is an OU fan and framed Barford for it becuase he's scared to play us. Seems legit.

imtad16

Dudley had posted the KNWA story of the incident on Twitter, but he has deleted the tweet.

imtad16

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 20, 2017, 10:12:12 am
I'm hearing the store manager is an OU fan and framed Barford for it becuase he's scared to play us. Seems legit.

If that's true what a foolish scumbag move. Frame a college kid over a non-conference basketball game? This would surely get a manager fired.

PorkRinds

Quote from: imtad16 on November 20, 2017, 10:14:40 am
If that's true what a foolish scumbag move. Frame a college kid over a non-conference basketball game? This would surely get a manager fired.

Bruh...

BannerMountainMan

I'm also hearing it was actually Manny Watkins but they just couldn't tell the difference..man y'all are making up crap as y'all go

imtad16

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 20, 2017, 10:15:25 am
Bruh...

You were joking... I should have known that was standard PorkRinds.

Regardless, something weird is going on.

Fan701

poloprince

I'm hearing this is inaccurate info.....still checking with some folks.
$PoLoPrInCe$

The_Iceman

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 20, 2017, 10:12:12 am

Believable. 🤔

HogBreath

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 20, 2017, 09:41:34 am
Or not play the 1st half.
Or maybe make him shoot left handed?  Wear ankle weights?  A patch over one eye?  One hand tied behind the back?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HogBreath on November 20, 2017, 10:25:34 am
Or maybe make him shoot left handed?  Wear ankle weights?  A patch over one eye?  One hand tied behind the back?
or maybe let him play the whole game and get wore down...that'll show him