Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joel Thomas

Started by HogTakes, November 19, 2017, 10:44:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogTakes

A lotta people have suggested Tim Horton and I say if we are gonna hire a former Razorback RB coach, we should hire Joel Thomas. Saints-Redskins was on Fox today and I got to see his RBs lead them to a comeback victory. Kamara caught a circus catch for a TD and ran in the 2 pointer to tie the game late and a long run by Ingram set up the game winning FG in OT. He seems to have figured out how to maximize Mark Ingram, who hadn't been great until Thomas arrived, and a rookie RB on a Saints team that is on a 8 games win streak.

PS I'm still ranking Lane, Gus, Frost, Norvell and others ahead of Joel. It was just a thought.

hawaiianhogster

Yes all this talk about Gus on ESPN/SECN so the players that be can go around incognito and talk to the real candidates without any interference from the media.

Smart. That is what JL did to hire BB.

SooieGeneris

Yeah, let's hire a position coach who has never even been a coordinator to be a HC???Some of these suggestions are so far fetched, it has moved way past the point of absurdity.

We don't need Tiny Tim Horton either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

cosmodrum

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 20, 2017, 12:06:27 am
Yes all this talk about Gus on ESPN/SECN so the players that be can go around incognito and talk to the real candidates without any interference from the media.

Smart. That is what JL did to hire BB.

JL is gone, so now the football program is leaking like a broken condom.
Go away, batin'

HogTakes

Dabo Swinney was a coordinator for one month before being promoted to interim head coach and later the fulltime gig. Had only served as positional coach prior to the season he became the interim.

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 20, 2017, 01:16:48 am
Yeah, let's hire a position coach who has never even been a coordinator to be a HC???Some of these suggestions are so far fetched, it has moved way past the point of absurdity.

We don't need Tiny Tim Horton either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RazorPiggie

Joel isn't into recruiting.

Hawg Red

I don't think he has anything to do with how good Mark Ingram or Alvin Kamara are. Offensive coordinator and Sean Payton are the ones who have learned to maximize Mark Ingram, not a position coach.

HogTakes

Maybe, but Ingram was 0-5 to rush for 1000 yards w/o Thomas, is less than 200 yards away from cracking 1,000 yards for the second consecutive season with him. Last year, he did it with 21 fewer carries than he had in a 970-yard season in 2014.

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 20, 2017, 09:26:45 am
I don't think he has anything to do with how good Mark Ingram or Alvin Kamara are. Offensive coordinator and Sean Payton are the ones who have learned to maximize Mark Ingram, not a position coach.

Großer Kriegschwein

He was smart enough to go to the NFL quickly.
This is my non-signature signature.

Wildhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 21, 2017, 03:11:58 pm
He was smart enough to go to the NFL quickly.

Good spot for him, because he might be the worst recruiter I've ever seen at Arkansas.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawg Red

Quote from: HogTakes on November 20, 2017, 12:06:48 pm
Maybe, but Ingram was 0-5 to rush for 1000 yards w/o Thomas, is less than 200 yards away from cracking 1,000 yards for the second consecutive season with him. Last year, he did it with 21 fewer carries than he had in a 970-yard season in 2014.

Yeah, he's missed 18 games in his NFL career. He had 964 yards in 13 games in 2014 and was on pace for 1,025 in 2015 (missed 4 games), so he was on his way without Joel Thomas. These past two seasons are his only seasons outside of his 2nd season where he hasn't missed a game.