Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When does Hugh Freeze get a look?

Started by WalHog2018, November 19, 2017, 06:18:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WalHog2018

Not by us right now, but down the line. Or is he in Art Bryles land, and in a lot of trouble? Would he be considered by anyone a candidate here? Surely not. Has ties to the area though.

King Kong

WalHog2018

Quote from: King Kong on November 19, 2017, 06:20:37 pm
Depends how long his show cause is
I may be mistaken, But I listened to Dan Wolken's podcast tonight and I thought he implied there may not be a show cause.  Would that change things for you?

Ham Ham Pigelow

Chip Kelly got a show cause for way less than for what Freeze is being held responsible for.  No way Freeze doesn't get at least a year.

hobhog

This board can really show some insanity......

WalHog2018

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on November 19, 2017, 06:29:28 pm
Chip Kelly got a show cause for way less than for what Freeze is being held responsible for.  No way Freeze doesn't get at least a year.
Thats a fair point. Wolken didnt mention that.

King Kong

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 19, 2017, 06:23:26 pm
I may be mistaken, But I listened to Dan Wolken's podcast tonight and I thought he implied there may not be a show cause.  Would that change things for you?

That changes how long it will be until he gets another job.

Wolken must have heard something recently because on previous podcasts he was pretty confident Freeze would have some kind of show cause.

WalHog2018

Quote from: hobhog on November 19, 2017, 06:30:29 pm
Obviously you didn't read the post. Im not vouching for Freeze. Was just curious if he was in the land of Art Bryles or after his show cause, he'd be sought after by schools again.  Thanks.

WalHog2018

Quote from: King Kong on November 19, 2017, 06:31:22 pm
That changes how long it will be until he gets another job.

Wolken must have heard something recently because on previous podcasts he was pretty confident Freeze would have some kind of show cause.
That fair. Maybe I misheard as well. Or it could have been the guy on with him. Let me go back and listen.

WalHog2018

So Wolken said that the NCAA would hold back ruling till after Egg Bowl, and this was frustrating for Freeze. The guy on with him, George Schroeder, said that if things went well for Freeze, he might be in mix for jobs, implying things might go well. But then Schroeder said "I think he ends up with show cause." Then he said, "Idk though, he might be in play."  So, in typical talk-show fashion, they went back and forth. 

DeltaBoy

Hugh under a cloud ☁for a year at least!q
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 19, 2017, 06:32:21 pm
Obviously you didn't read the post. Im not vouching for Freeze. Was just curious if he was in the land of Art Bryles or after his show cause, he'd be sought after by schools again.  Thanks.

Then put it in General Sports.

WalHog2018

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on November 19, 2017, 06:40:22 pm
Then put it in General Sports.
I put it here because I was surprised his name had not been brought up due to regional ties and SEC experience.

JONAS

I would love to have Hugh Freeze.  He has beaten Alabama twice in a row.

redeye

Quote from: hobhog on November 19, 2017, 06:30:29 pm

It's like watching a sitcom that ends with everything in flames.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: redeye on November 19, 2017, 07:28:37 pm
It's like watching a sitcom that ends with everything in flames.
Sometimes I read stuff on here and literally just shake my head.

RedRock

hobhog

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 19, 2017, 06:47:46 pm
I put it here because I was surprised his name had not been brought up due to regional ties and SEC experience.

Again: insanity.

HiggiePiggy

Honestly I would be surprised to see him ever coach again.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Pork Twain

Hopefully never...  He could not get it done with the best players money can buy
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PigInTheHole

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 19, 2017, 09:34:25 pm
Hopefully never...  He could not get it done with the best players money can buy

Gus?  He won a NC with Cam Newton
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

Pork Twain

Quote from: PigInTheHole on November 19, 2017, 09:36:25 pm
Gus?  He won a NC with Cam Newton
Well Gus was the OC for a Gene Chizik team that won the NC.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Dr. Starcs

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 19, 2017, 09:39:15 pm
Well Gus was the OC for a Gene Chizik team that won the NC.
And Chizik was incompetent. Was a case where Gus was the main reason among the coaching staff the team won. And obviously Cam Newton had something to do with it too.

ipigsooie

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 20, 2017, 09:29:52 am
And Chizik was incompetent. Was a case where Gus was the main reason among the coaching staff the team won. And obviously Cam Newton had something to do with it too.

I agree fully. It's impressive that Gus was able to talk Cams dad out of the 80 grand MSU offered him. Gus must not only be a good offensive mind with these qbs that others develop and transfer in, he must also be one hell of a salesman!

Locutus_of_Boar

This is the same Hugh Freeze who is the only current or former SEC coach with a losing record to Bret Bielema at Arkansas?

riccoar

If we look to Freeze, can we also see if Sandusky will be interested in coaching from prison?

jackflash

razobak

Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

Hogman2

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Paul

Quote from: RedRock on November 19, 2017, 08:39:53 pm
When he dials that special number
an OM friend of mine showed me a photo of the OM logo which read:  "Ole Misdial"!

dfwalumdad

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 19, 2017, 06:18:50 pm
Not by us right now, but down the line. Or is he in Art Bryles land, and in a lot of trouble? Would he be considered by anyone a candidate here? Surely not. Has ties to the area though.
hugh freeze's next job will be making sure this guy doesn't deflate

NotSoFastMyFriend

Freeze, even a scandal-free version, is an empty words type of fake preacher coach. Every word out of his mouth is thinly begging for validation. Terrible motivator. A total fake.

BoogaHog

Judgment Day hopefully.  The Briarcrest Baptist POS!

signed, former Arkansas Razorback and Germantown Red Devil