Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by WalHog2018 on 19 Nov 2017
  • Not by us right now, but down the line. Or is he in Art Bryles land, and in a lot of trouble? Would he be considered by anyone a candidate here? Surely not. Has ties to the area though.
  • #2 by King Kong on 19 Nov 2017
  • Depends how long his show cause is
  • #3 by WalHog2018 on 19 Nov 2017
  • Depends how long his show cause is
    I may be mistaken, But I listened to Dan Wolken’s podcast tonight and I thought he implied there may not be a show cause.  Would that change things for you?
  • #4 by Ham Ham Pigelow on 19 Nov 2017
  • Chip Kelly got a show cause for way less than for what Freeze is being held responsible for.  No way Freeze doesn’t get at least a year.
  • #5 by hobhog on 19 Nov 2017
  • This board can really show some insanity......
  • #6 by WalHog2018 on 19 Nov 2017
  • Chip Kelly got a show cause for way less than for what Freeze is being held responsible for.  No way Freeze doesn’t get at least a year.
    Thats a fair point. Wolken didnt mention that.
  • #7 by King Kong on 19 Nov 2017
  • I may be mistaken, But I listened to Dan Wolken’s podcast tonight and I thought he implied there may not be a show cause.  Would that change things for you?

That changes how long it will be until he gets another job.

Wolken must have heard something recently because on previous podcasts he was pretty confident Freeze would have some kind of show cause.
  • #8 by WalHog2018 on 19 Nov 2017
    Obviously you didn't read the post. Im not vouching for Freeze. Was just curious if he was in the land of Art Bryles or after his show cause, he'd be sought after by schools again.  Thanks.
  • #9 by WalHog2018 on 19 Nov 2017
  • That changes how long it will be until he gets another job.

Wolken must have heard something recently because on previous podcasts he was pretty confident Freeze would have some kind of show cause.
    That fair. Maybe I misheard as well. Or it could have been the guy on with him. Let me go back and listen.
  • #10 by WalHog2018 on 19 Nov 2017
  • So Wolken said that the NCAA would hold back ruling till after Egg Bowl, and this was frustrating for Freeze. The guy on with him, George Schroeder, said that if things went well for Freeze, he might be in mix for jobs, implying things might go well. But then Schroeder said "I think he ends up with show cause." Then he said, "Idk though, he might be in play."  So, in typical talk-show fashion, they went back and forth. 

• #11 by DeltaBoy on 19 Nov 2017
  • Hugh under a cloud ☁for a year at least!q
  • #12 by hoggusamoungus on 19 Nov 2017
  • Obviously you didn't read the post. Im not vouching for Freeze. Was just curious if he was in the land of Art Bryles or after his show cause, he'd be sought after by schools again.  Thanks.

Then put it in General Sports.
  • #13 by WalHog2018 on 19 Nov 2017
  • Then put it in General Sports.
    I put it here because I was surprised his name had not been brought up due to regional ties and SEC experience.
  • #14 by JONAS on 19 Nov 2017
  • I would love to have Hugh Freeze.  He has beaten Alabama twice in a row.
  • #15 by redeye on 19 Nov 2017

It's like watching a sitcom that ends with everything in flames.
  • #16 by The Hawg Marshal on 19 Nov 2017
  • It's like watching a sitcom that ends with everything in flames.
    Sometimes I read stuff on here and literally just shake my head.
  • #17 by RedRock on 19 Nov 2017
  • When he dials that special number
  • #18 by hobhog on 19 Nov 2017
  • I put it here because I was surprised his name had not been brought up due to regional ties and SEC experience.

Again: insanity.
  • #19 by HiggiePiggy on 19 Nov 2017
  • Honestly I would be surprised to see him ever coach again.
  • #20 by Pork Twain on 19 Nov 2017
  • Hopefully never...  He could not get it done with the best players money can buy
  • #21 by PigInTheHole on 19 Nov 2017
  • Hopefully never...  He could not get it done with the best players money can buy

Gus?  He won a NC with Cam Newton
  • #22 by Pork Twain on 19 Nov 2017
  • Gus?  He won a NC with Cam Newton
    Well Gus was the OC for a Gene Chizik team that won the NC.
  • #23 by Dr. Starcs on 19 Nov 2017
  • When hell Freezes over
  • #24 by HotlantaHog on 20 Nov 2017
  • Well Gus was the OC for a Gene Chizik team that won the NC.
    And Chizik was incompetent. Was a case where Gus was the main reason among the coaching staff the team won. And obviously Cam Newton had something to do with it too.
  • #25 by ipigsooie on 20 Nov 2017
  • And Chizik was incompetent. Was a case where Gus was the main reason among the coaching staff the team won. And obviously Cam Newton had something to do with it too.

I agree fully. It's impressive that Gus was able to talk Cams dad out of the 80 grand MSU offered him. Gus must not only be a good offensive mind with these qbs that others develop and transfer in, he must also be one hell of a salesman!
  • #26 by Locutus_of_Boar on 20 Nov 2017
  • This is the same Hugh Freeze who is the only current or former SEC coach with a losing record to Bret Bielema at Arkansas?
  • #27 by riccoar on 20 Nov 2017
  • If we look to Freeze, can we also see if Sandusky will be interested in coaching from prison?
  • #28 by jackflash on 20 Nov 2017
  • never at a big school
  • #29 by razobak on 20 Nov 2017
  • No. Just....no.
  • #30 by Hogman2 on 20 Nov 2017
  • NEVER!
  • #31 by HF#1 on 20 Nov 2017
  • No
  • #32 by Paul on 20 Nov 2017
  • When he dials that special number
    an OM friend of mine showed me a photo of the OM logo which read:  “Ole Misdial”!
  • #33 by dfwalumdad on 20 Nov 2017
  • Not by us right now, but down the line. Or is he in Art Bryles land, and in a lot of trouble? Would he be considered by anyone a candidate here? Surely not. Has ties to the area though.
    hugh freeze's next job will be making sure this guy doesn't deflate

• #34 by NotSoFastMyFriend on 20 Nov 2017
  • Freeze, even a scandal-free version, is an empty words type of fake preacher coach. Every word out of his mouth is thinly begging for validation. Terrible motivator. A total fake.
  • #35 by BJJHog on 20 Nov 2017
  • Judgment Day hopefully.  The Briarcrest Baptist POS!

signed, former Arkansas Razorback and Germantown Red Devil
Pages:
Actions