Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What to expect if we hire Leach

Started by razorjack12, November 19, 2017, 05:05:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgball40

Quote from: moses_007 on November 19, 2017, 05:46:41 pm
Good post.  I hope Hogvillians will support Gus when he's announced.
atleast we'd be able to skip a few years in the cycle. he can suck it up for 3 or 4 years and get fired. because over half of this fanbase will instantly be darksiders. unless he were to have a sudden change of heart in terms of his offensive strategy, he will fail epic at arkansas.

lumphog

Leach is a genius, but most can't see it. Cause it takes one to know one and I doubt many on here can see it

hawgball40

Quote from: lumphog on November 19, 2017, 09:41:29 pm
Leach is a genius, but most can't see it. Cause it takes one to know one and I doubt many on here can see it
whatever, i've watched his team play multiple times this year, and they are thoroughly unimpressive in my opinion. the offense isn't balanced and their defense is fast but not physical. they are great at beating up on mediocre opponents.

Matt Burks

Quote from: lumphog on November 19, 2017, 09:41:29 pm
How many points did his team put on Cal this year?

ChicoHog

Quote from: PigInTheHole on November 19, 2017, 09:39:03 pm
if you can recruit to Pullman or Lubbock you can recruit to Fayetteville
He didn't recruit well in Lubbock and is not recruiting well in Pullman. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 19, 2017, 09:43:44 pm
whatever, i've watched his team play multiple times this year, and they are thoroughly unimpressive in my opinion. the offense isn't balanced and their defense is fast but not physical. they are great at beating up on mediocre opponents.
Exactly. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 19, 2017, 08:40:29 pm
Arkansas has had less talent than most of the conference during Petrinos time here and we were able to get a 10 and an 11 win season then.  Stop acting like Arkansas is a loser school. It isn't. Right coach can win here. Is leach the right coach? Maybe not, but to say he can't do it here because you feel like the pac 12 or even the big 12 are far less conferences than the ole mighty Alabama conference is a joke.  At least we know he has taken crap schools and turned them into decent teams in their conferences. 
You did not get my post at all.  I didn't say Arkansas was a loser school.  The right coach can win here if he recruits and develops talent.  It's a fact that the SEC and then the ACC have produced the most NFL talent the last 10 years or so.  The Big 12 is last and the Pac 12 is second to among the power 5.  Also Petrino did have quite a few NFL players when he was here, especially on offense.  More than anyone in our division except Bama, LSU and maybe Auburn.  More than anyone in the east except UGA and UF. 

PigInTheHole

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 19, 2017, 11:16:08 pm
He didn't recruit well in Lubbock and is not recruiting well in Pullman.

I'm not arguing he's the best recruiter; it would be easier.
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."