Started by razorjack12, November 19, 2017, 05:05:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorjack12

*Texas Tech historical winning % is 56%

Leach win % at Tech = 66%

(8-2 vs. aTm)

*wash state historical winning % is 47%

Leach win % at Wazzou = 51%

Keep in mind that Leach inherited a mess at wazzou, and over the last 3 years has the cougars winning at over 60%

So what would Leach do at Arkansas?

If history is a guide, he'd have us winning above our historical average in a few years.  He'd mop up the non-conference slate, regularly beat aTm, the Mississippi schools and Missouri.  Split games with LSU. Occasionally beat Auburn and lose to Bama.

It all adds up to 8-9 wins per year, which is about what Petrino did (Petrino won 8.5 games per year to be exact.)

Throw in the media coverage he brings and the exciting brand of football....

Sign me up!

Sho Nuff

grayhawg

ShadowTheHedgehog

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

moses_007

Leach isn't coming.  But this man is.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: moses_007 on November 19, 2017, 05:13:47 pm
I'd have to agree....might as well get on the Gus Bus, because it's coming to town
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DocHogliday

I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play for Blood," remember?

moses_007

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 19, 2017, 05:22:09 pm
....might as well get on the Gus Bus, because it's coming to town
I'm on board. 

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

hog1984

But you would love his "Saban like" press conference demeanor.

razorjack12

I'd have to agree....might as well get on the Gus Bus, because it's coming to town

This is total nonsense.  Why would Malzahn leave Auburn for Arkansas?  Auburn is a better program.

carolinahogger

Quote from: hog1984 on November 19, 2017, 05:27:48 pm
But you would love his "Saban like" press conference demeanor.

I get a kick out of the guy.  He's not too big on the coachspeak BS. 

rustr

rljjr

hoglady

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 19, 2017, 05:10:07 pm
NCAA issues.

There are no NCAA issues in his background that I know of.
Just that dust up with TT over Craig James' son.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: rljjr on November 19, 2017, 05:31:59 pm
No defense, no thanks.

That may have been true at Texas Tech, but it hasn't been the case at Washington St.
They are ranked in the 30's in scoring defense this year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogmaestro

Not no but HELL no. He's a scumbag. The NCAA would live at our campus.

Nope

texas tush hog

Quote from: razorjack12 on November 19, 2017, 05:29:31 pm
This is total nonsense.  Why would Malzahn leave Auburn for Arkansas?  Auburn is a better program.

Like Mike Irwin said, he is tired of playing five win or be fired games a year. It's nonsense, as is your obsession with Leach. Get on the Gus Bus or be left at the station. Not my first choice either, Norvell is, but you either go with the flow or get swept out to sea.

moses_007

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 19, 2017, 05:43:27 pm
Like Mike Irwin said, he is tired of playing five win or be fired games a year. It's nonsense, as is your obsession with Leach. Get on the Gus Bus or be left at the station. Not my first choice either, Norvell is, but you either go with the flow or get swept out to sea.
Good post.  I hope Hogvillians will support Gus when he's announced. 

hotdog hog

The only place I see Leachs name mentioned about the UA job is on HV. Why does anyone even think he's interested? Heck if that's the case, lets hire Bruce Arians. He will be looking for a job in a week or two.

HogMantheIntruder

Are you being serious? Not about the Auburn being a better program part. That's a fact, statistically. I mean about there being no chance that Malzahn will be Arkansas' next coach. It's more than just rumors at this point. He is, at the very least, entertaining the idea, and there is way too much smoke for there to be nothing there.

It's been pretty much established that he's tired of being crucified by fans and threatened by the PTB for not turning Auburn into Bama, his wife misses Arkansas, he's from NW Arkansas, played for the Razorbacks (or at least tried), and was a born Hog fan.

How would you feel if you had your team ranked #6 in the country, just beat the #1 team in the country, and now you're being told that if you don't beat the new #1 team in the country that your job is in jeopardy? I'm not saying it's written in stone, but "nonsense" is not an apt description of that particular theory.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

texas tush hog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 19, 2017, 05:46:41 pm

They probably won't but we start 5-0 and then take our chances with Alabama. win that one with four in a row at home and it will be like the Broyles years when no one would cash his checks. Save them all as souvineers.

moses_007

Quote from: Poppa Tart on November 19, 2017, 05:47:09 pm
Are you being serious? Not about the Auburn being a better program part. That's a fact, statistically. I mean about there being no chance that Malzahn will be Arkansas' next coach. It's more than just rumors at this point. He is, at the very least, entertaining the idea, and there is way too much smoke for there to be nothing there.

It's been pretty much established that he's tired of being crucified by fans and threatened by the PTB for not turning Auburn into Bama, his wife misses Arkansas, he's from NW Arkansas, played for the Razorbacks (or at least tried), and was a born Hog fan.

How would you feel if you had your team ranked #6 in the country, just beat the #1 team in the country, and now you're being told that if you don't beat the new #1 team in the country that your job is in jeopardy? I'm not saying it's written in stone, but "nonsense" is not an apt description of that particular theory.
There's a point in anyone's life where nothing is as important as coming back home. I moved out of state twice for jobs, and I would have crawled (....per Eddie Sutton...lol) to get back home.  So glad I came back.  Those other states were okay, but nowhere compares with Arkansas....

widespreadsooie

Leach would a good to great hire for us right now. Go get Malzahn if he wants to come for better intangibles but Leach or Kiffin should be your guys otherwise.

NuttinItUp

I'd take Leach. Better than what we got.

rusvegashog

Please God and baby Jesus!! Choo Choo!!

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: moses_007 on November 19, 2017, 05:54:57 pm
There's a point in anyone's life where nothing is as important as coming back home. I moved out of state twice for jobs, and I would have crawled (....per Eddie Sutton...lol) to get back home.  So glad I came back.  Those other states were okay, but nowhere compares with Arkansas....
I'm right there with you. I moved back from Chicago, a city that I really grew to love, to move back to Little Rock, and NW Arkansas > Little Rock (and really just about every other area in the country and ANYWHERE in Alabama).
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

RedRazorHog

Hoping that Malzahn helps bring back our traditional uni's... I loved the double stripe on the side, and the standard Red jersey (a la McFadden era)
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

The_Iceman

If we don't get Gus, I would much rather have Norvell than Leach. But I wouldn't mind Leach if our other options fell through.

HiggiePiggy

Fans will support any coach that comes in here and wins. You will get a small minority that will cry about anything so who really cares about what those people say.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Hogmaestro on November 19, 2017, 05:41:00 pm

Nope

NCAA issues ??  Please list them.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Citizen2729

Better program lately yes, but Arkansas and especially NW is way better than Auburn, Alabama. Fayetteville is consistently ranked in the top 10 best places to live. Also it is his home. He won't take a pay cut and gets to live where he wants to be and has a good and could be great program to get to work on. Easy decision, the way I see it.

MC_Hog

quote author=moses_007 link=topic=648147.msg11140517#msg11140517 date=1511133227]
[/quote]

:puke:

3kgthog

You can expect me to give up my seats if we hire Leach. The old Big XII was a joke and the current PAC 12 doesn't appear to be much better (at least not this year).

MC_Hog

Quote from: hogz11 on November 19, 2017, 06:07:07 pm
Good grief no. It would be a circus. I'll pass.....

1. Gus

2. Norvell

3. Hope it doesn't get to here.....

Yet you want the drama queen....

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 19, 2017, 05:10:07 pm
NCAA issues.
you're misinformed , let's just say smfh.

Leach would be what the OP said except add in a much better defense than petrino (with Alex Grinch as DC) and an occasional 11+ win season is what Leach will bring us.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

195bc

Quote from: rljjr on November 19, 2017, 05:31:59 pm
No defense, no thanks.

This has been discussed many times but people continue to show their ignorance, so I'll repeat the facts. In Leach's last full five years at Texas Tech, his teams averaged 45th in the country in total defense (in an offense-happy league), with his best defense ranked 24 and worst 69. His current team is ranked 14th in the country in total defense. Is that not good enough for you? All that done at schools that usually can't recruit as good as Arkansas.

SPAL

Quote from: Hogmaestro on November 19, 2017, 05:41:00 pm

Nope

Where is this nonsense coming from?

Bubba's Bruisers

We need a recruiter.  Of the names being thrown around, GM is probably the best recruiter.  He also has experience and success in the SEC.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Sivad

Think Leach is best enjoyed from a distance.

Wooderson

Leach was Longs guy, but guess what....Longs gone
Give me liberty, or give me death!

BR

BR

From Tusk Till Dawn

I'm torn, I think we need to divorce the past and start fresh.  Not a Gus fan, if we were looking at candidates who are always on the verge of being fired from the West and looking for a cushy job, I would probably prefer Sumlin and his Texas connections.  On the otherhand, if Gus came it would be nice to get it over with so we can put that to bed.  Ultimately, I'll get behind whomever the GOBN, I mean "university" selects.

DeltaBoy

I will be happy with
1. Gus
2. Norvell
3. Leach
4. Tommy Tubberville.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dan42AR

Quote from: moses_007 on November 19, 2017, 05:13:47 pm

I don't like Gus and I don't actually think he will be our next coach. However is he does become our next I will give him the same 4 to 5 years that Bret Bielema has had before I would want him gone for someone different. I am a Razorback fan not a Razorback coaches fan.

Steelhawg

Leach is ok by me. I called for him before lar$%*%. We need Gus #1 though.
"All things good or bad will come to an end. Except time."Roger Waters

texas tush hog

Quote from: razorjack12 on November 19, 2017, 05:05:29 pm
*Texas Tech historical winning % is 56%

Leach win % at Tech = 66%

(8-2 vs. aTm)

*wash state historical winning % is 47%

Leach win % at Wazzou = 51%

Keep in mind that Leach inherited a mess at wazzou, and over the last 3 years has the cougars winning at over 60%

So what would Leach do at Arkansas?

If history is a guide, he'd have us winning above our historical average in a few years.  He'd mop up the non-conference slate, regularly beat aTm, the Mississippi schools and Missouri.  Split games with LSU. Occasionally beat Auburn and lose to Bama.

It all adds up to 8-9 wins per year, which is about what Petrino did (Petrino won 8.5 games per year to be exact.)

Throw in the media coverage he brings and the exciting brand of football....

Sign me up!

Are you the on who started the petition to hire Leach? The one with 35 signatures. LOL