Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twitter saying Bielema is out.

Started by BrickTwnHog, November 19, 2017, 11:36:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razor1997

The Pulse

Lot of reports. Might be same one duplicated. We all know he was out. Not sure if official.

docryde3

It will be officially announced at end of season.
Woo Pig Sooie

hog1984

Saying Coach Bielema has been fired.

AirWarren

Twitter "says".

"Saw it on Facebook".

That's all I need to know.

hawgon

Link us to said Twitter reports, please.

WilsonHog

Quote from: The Pulse on November 19, 2017, 11:56:55 am
Lot of reports. Might be same one duplicated. We all know he was out. Not sure if official.

Not official. Just speculation.

joeman

SB Nation and SEC Country reporting it now.

The Pulse

Quote from: AP85 on November 19, 2017, 12:17:25 pm
Twitter "says".

"Saw it on Facebook".

That's all I need to know.

I admit. Looks like crap journalism from crap journalist, who know nothing of Joseph Pulitzer's famous maxim, "Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy."

rhames

Twitter says a lot of things. Most of them not true.

I just tweeted I got a hand job from Megan Fox.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

The NewEra

All Tweets, etc. are referring to this on SBNATION.COM "The Razorbacks will move on from head coach Bret Bielema after the season."

SBNATION says it without citing any source whatsoever.

rzrbackramsfan

Yea Alabama's football account, oddly enough, tweeted that Bret is out.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

Report said they came to an agreement to part ways. He will still coach Friday's game. So now the school can start shopping for a coach a week early.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: The Pulse on November 19, 2017, 12:21:44 pm
I admit. Looks like crap journalism from crap journalist, who know nothing of Joseph Pulitzer's famous maxim, "Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy."

and so far they've been right

Tony Perkis

BR

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football

Not linking anyone to confirm it, all they said was He is out at end of season..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: SpaHog1986 on November 19, 2017, 11:36:00 am
Beilema at seasons end according to SBNATION and ajc

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/report-arkansas-move-from-bret-bielema-the-end-the-season/A1CmY61Rb7RqrtfFba75rM/

It's everywehre now.  Either the media really jumped the gun and will have egg all over their face or he really was let go.

WilsonHog

It's not "official" until UA reports it. Everyone is citing SB Nation.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

cal34

ricepig

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 19, 2017, 12:34:09 pm
It's not "official" until UA reports it. Everyone is citing SB Nation.

It's time for JCP to say ''we've had no discussions with Coach Bielema or his representatives ", that way you know he's fired tomorrow. At least that's how Florida did it.

B Ray

Quote from: BR on November 19, 2017, 12:31:46 pm
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football

Not linking anyone to confirm it, all they said was He is out at end of season..
which is a sign of an agreement between both parties , hopefully true

RazorNick

hogfanmd

Mentioned Gus linked to job and would have hand in helping pick AD

Though i think he stays at auburn
But anyway

HF#1

Sec country reporting it too
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BR

This is what is being posted:   Arkansas, Auburn, and Florida State
The Razorbacks will move on from head coach Bret Bielema after the season.

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn is interested in returning home to take that position once it's open, though his status might depend on this week's Iron Bowl. He'd also have a hand in picking Arkansas' new AD.

Memphis coach Mike Norvell will also be a candidate for the Arkansas job, once it's open. Norvell is from the state and his two years recruiting for Memphis are considered a plus to boosters.

If Malzahn leaves, expect Auburn people to push for Florida State's Jimbo Fisher. If Fisher were to land at Auburn, he'd hope to retain at least current Tigers defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and associate head coach Rodney Garner.

If Fisher stays at FSU (Texas A&M and Tennessee are also interested), expect him to change at least half of his coaching staff.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: cal34 on November 19, 2017, 12:36:50 pm
We were so close😓

now he can refer to us as his last job!

as in "at my last job they fired me!"

Pork Ranger

Him helping choose the AD seems like a poor decision by the PTB...

BR

Quote from: BR on November 19, 2017, 12:44:58 pm
This is what is being posted:   Arkansas, Auburn, and Florida State
The Razorbacks will move on from head coach Bret Bielema after the season.

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn is interested in returning home to take that position once it's open, though his status might depend on this week's Iron Bowl. He'd also have a hand in picking Arkansas' new AD.

Memphis coach Mike Norvell will also be a candidate for the Arkansas job, once it's open. Norvell is from the state and his two years recruiting for Memphis are considered a plus to boosters.

If Malzahn leaves, expect Auburn people to push for Florida State's Jimbo Fisher. If Fisher were to land at Auburn, he'd hope to retain at least current Tigers defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and associate head coach Rodney Garner.

If Fisher stays at FSU (Texas A&M and Tennessee are also interested), expect him to change at least half of his coaching staff.

Lady Razorback

How about going back to your alma mater where you had been coordinator and treated rudely by coaching staff?  And going back and have input on who your future boss (AD) might be? 
Didn't HV have discussion on revenge is a dish best served cold?

Lady Razorback

Oh, and Gus, bring Kevin Steele with you!

Boarsnest

Quote from: Pork Ranger on November 19, 2017, 12:45:07 pm

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! I wish I could take a job and pick who I wanted as my boss. I hope to god this is false! If this is true then you have to question who is making the decisions at the U of A!

3kgthog

Giving a coach that much power is a recipe for disaster.

hawgdavis

Quote from: Boarsnest on November 19, 2017, 12:53:08 pm
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! I wish I could take a job and pick who I wanted as my boss. I hope to god this is false! If this is true then you have to question who is making the decisions at the U of A!

Yea that's just nuts. I'm sure that's not correct .

Pork Ranger

No kidding.

Which sucker is likely to give me the biggest contract/buyout if I'm a failure??  An AD that Gus chose would have a really hard time firing him.

I really think this entire article is speculation. I don't think anyone has been told anything from the University. Just saying what we all know is going to happen

Pork Ranger

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 19, 2017, 12:56:32 pm

Correct. I doubt that is true but if it were we need to make more changes than I originally thought

East TN HAWG

I got to interview my last two supervisors, and provide my input.

Mike Irwin

What a scoop.

In other news, rain is wet.

Boarsnest

I'm not buying that he has any say in the AD. If he does then you have to question who is in charge at the U of A. I have never heard of an employee being able to have say in who his boss will be.

grayhawg

Quote from: Pork Ranger on November 19, 2017, 12:45:07 pm
Yea it's a dumb move.

clutch

Quote from: rhames on November 19, 2017, 12:22:27 pm
Twitter says a lot of things. Most of them not true.

I just tweeted I got a hand job from Megan Fox.

Do those little thumbs she has make it feel different than normal? Better or worse?

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

clutch

I agree. I'd hope that wasn't true. Your coach cannot have more power than his boss.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: clutch on November 19, 2017, 01:03:43 pm
Do those little thumbs she has make it feel different than normal? Better or worse?

Makes it seem larger so that's a plus

rhames

Quote from: clutch on November 19, 2017, 01:03:43 pm

Hahahahahaha. This made my Sunday.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.