Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twitter saying Bielema is out.

Started by BrickTwnHog, November 19, 2017, 11:36:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

a0ashle

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 19, 2017, 02:51:25 pm
If you think firing Nutt was hard it will be impossible to fire Gus. He'll be the 4th highest paid coach in college football if reports of $6.5 million are correct. This will not end well if he's hired, which I think is 0.0%.

If all this business about GOBN and Gusbus factions pulling strings is true, the general fan has lost a lot of power .... or they never had it and all pretenses are off now.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 19, 2017, 02:02:22 pm
It took a flukey play against Alabama to do it.

Malzahn's defense at Auburn without Steele has at times been garbage.  Just have to only look at that multiple overtime game in Fayetteville we won against Auburn season-before-last.

Doesn't matter if it took a flukey play or not. He still had them in position to win. Who's to say they still wouldn't have won had it gone to OT? Also, Clemson got lucky with NC State missing a chip shot FG last year. Point is you usually need a little luck to win a championship.

Sivad

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 19, 2017, 01:02:31 pm
What a scoop.

In other news, rain is wet.
Pretty funny.
Pretty accurate.
They're not exactly climbing out on a limb. But they sure are racing to be "first".

redeye

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 19, 2017, 01:35:56 pm
Steele and Garner probably wouldn't be coming with Malzahn even if Fisher doesn't become Auburn's next Head Coach.

Malzahn probably won't win as many games without Steele and Garner.

This is part of my problem with Gus.  It goes to show that Steele and Garner are more aligned with Auburn, than Gus.  Which is more evidence that Gus' success at Auburn relies heavily on Auburn's GOBN, since they're likely responsible for assistants like Steele and Garner.  Malzahn was more of a puppet at Auburn, than he would be here, and now our own GOBN is looking to increase it's power, by allowing Gus to help them hire their own puppet for AD.  It all wouldn't bother me much, if our own GOBN hadn't proven so inadequate in the past.

Simple Swineman

Quote from: Hog Pharm on November 19, 2017, 03:16:59 pm
Doesn't matter if it took a flukey play or not. He still had them in position to win. Who's to say they still wouldn't have won had it gone to OT? Also, Clemson got lucky with NC State missing a chip shot FG last year. Point is you usually need a little luck to win a championship.

Yeah, the Kick 6 made people forget about the Georgia game that season. As you said, Auburn was actually tied with Bama so who knows how OT would have gone. Their true miracle that year came in the Georgia game on a 4th & 18 hail mary with 0:36 to play...

Atlhogfan1

AU was in position to beat Bama in 2013 because the officials missed illegal lineman downfield on an earlier TD.  This deception with the officials was a part of offenses like Malzahn's till an emphasis was put on it as partially a result of this game. 

OP that was weak.  Created a thread citing twitter which cited SB. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

my3boneheads

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 19, 2017, 02:51:25 pm
If you think firing Nutt was hard it will be impossible to fire Gus. He'll be the 4th highest paid coach in college football if reports of $6.5 million are correct. This will not end well if he's hired, which I think is 0.0%.

I have no desire to see Arkansas offer a coach 6.5 million before he ever wins a game.

(notOM)Rebel123

"But I didn't come here to play Alabama. I came here to beat Alabama."

#Karma

Throwing the A

"You can take Saban's record when he was at Michigan State and when he was a coach in the Big Ten and put it against mine, and he can't compare."

"Borderline erotic."

Being Bret Bielema

Geez...no wonder we're all worn out.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Torqued pork

I would like to believe whoever hires the next AD will at least discuss it with MA and DVH beforehand. If Gus has been offered the  HC job I wouldn't look at it as something out of the ordinary unless Gus is completely calling the shot which I doubt would be the case. I could be naive,  though.

RazorCraft

I sent the below text yesterday about 20 minutes before kickoff.

Interesting vibe here at Hog game. Bielema just hugged every coach and many players in a somber type of mood.  In a "it will all be ok mood"  Almost like hugs people give at a funeral. Would be surprised if he coached Mizzou game based on mood/tone/vibe. It's almost like he told them team before the game he was out.

That's all the source I need
This is a show-me world and I'm sick of talking!
CBP

GoHogs1091

Quote from: redeye on November 19, 2017, 03:41:03 pm
This is part of my problem with Gus.  It goes to show that Steele and Garner are more aligned with Auburn, than Gus.  Which is more evidence that Gus' success at Auburn relies heavily on Auburn's GOBN, since they're likely responsible for assistants like Steele and Garner.  Malzahn was more of a puppet at Auburn, than he would be here, and now our own GOBN is looking to increase it's power, by allowing Gus to help them hire their own puppet for AD.  It all wouldn't bother me much, if our own GOBN hadn't proven so inadequate in the past.

It is a real legitimate concern that Steele and Garner wouldn't be coming with Malzahn. 

Throw in the fact that there is a real chance that Rhett Lashlee will be our OC if Malzahn is our Head Coach, and it has the makings of being a Bret Bielema type of failure Coaching Staff.

Kenny Hawgins

Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Wooderson

Do you folks know that at one time Frank was AD and coach?  Having a little input in a boss hire is no big deal.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 19, 2017, 01:02:31 pm
What a scoop.

In other news, rain is wet.

Deliciously smarmy... I like it!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogginbama

Quote from: my3boneheads on November 19, 2017, 03:52:36 pm
I have no desire to see Arkansas offer a coach 6.5 million before he ever wins a game.

Wanna compete with the big boys on the field you gotta compete with them in the pay department as well. Everyone likes to scream about CBB's $4 million a year salary, which was 8th or 9th highest in SEC. Our record during his time was right in line with his pay check.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.