Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It’s really quiet

Started by hawgdavis, November 19, 2017, 11:19:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdavis

November 19, 2017, 11:19:27 am Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:48:29 am by hawgdavis
I can't believe that nobody has any info about what's goin on with BB. I know it's sad but this is the only way I can find out anything Hog related and come here to find out what's going on with the program. Sadly this is all I have so can someone anybody let me know if there has been anything new going on regarding our HC .

Thanks for any info.

Come on rice or pork or you PRJ something has to be happening.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Sucks that we can't follow planes around anymore

hogcods8

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 19, 2017, 11:19:27 am
I can't believe that nobody has any info about what's goin on with BB. I know it's sad but this is the only way I can find out anything Hog related and come here to find out what's going on with the program. Sadly this is all I have so can someone anybody let me know if there has been anything new going on regarding our HC .

Thanks for any info.

Are you saying that you're not "in the know" like the rest of the guys on here? Dudes getting fired, that's all there is to know.

jgphillips3

Before you start getting blasted for it, might want to correct quite to quiet.

grayhawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 19, 2017, 11:25:39 am
And wait a week or so.

The NewEra

Without sitting in meetings with decision makers I think we know about all we are going to know for a week or so.

Long is gone and a new search is underway.
Bielema will be gone by a week from tomorrow and a new search will be announced.

Some things will likely start to leak out when a final decision on both positions are coming to a conclusion, but those early leaks will likely be inaccurate.  It's that time in the process where patience will be a virtue.  Bowl games may need to be played for the coaching position. 

It's likely that both the AD and coach will have some if not strong Arkansas connections and affiliations.

hogfanmd

It's QUITE possible that we already have action happening behind the scenes but won't unfold until December when brets buyout drops a bit.
That would be QUITE impressive on part of the UA
But likely not and will be canned fri or sat this week

hogfooey

Quote from: hogfanmd on November 19, 2017, 11:37:52 am
It's QUITE possible that we already have action happening behind the scenes but won't unfold until December when brets buyout drops a bit.
This could QUITE possibly be the reason that it's QUIET right now. 
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

hawgdavis

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 19, 2017, 11:25:39 am

Yep lots of grammar police here . Screw em they don't scare me, I shouldn't have to correct my spell check lol.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

It's QUITE possible that we won't hear anything until there is a vacancy at the head coach position.  There may be activity behind the scenes, but it would be QUITE tacky to allow any of that to leak while BB is still in place.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

hawgdavis

Quote from: The NewEra on November 19, 2017, 11:37:14 am
Without sitting in meetings with decision makers I think we know about all we are going to know for a week or so.

Long is gone and a new search is underway.
Bielema will be gone by a week from tomorrow and a new search will be announced.

Some things will likely start to leak out when a final decision on both positions are coming to a conclusion, but those early leaks will likely be inaccurate.  It's that time in the process where patience will be a virtue.  Bowl games may need to be played for the coaching position. 

It's likely that both the AD and coach will have some if not strong Arkansas connections and affiliations.

With now having an early signing period this is what worries me.

hawgdavis

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 19, 2017, 11:49:56 am
It's QUITE possible that we won't hear anything until there is a vacancy at the head coach position.  There may be activity behind the scenes, but it would be QUITE tacky to allow any of that to leak while BB is still in place.

Yea you busted my spell check lol or more precisely my auto fill

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 19, 2017, 11:50:39 am
Yea you busted my spell check lol

I call that "brain typing".  Your brain knows better but you're typing at the speed of light and wind up with something different.  I do it all the time.

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

hawgdavis

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 19, 2017, 11:52:42 am
Everyone knows that HOGVILLE is the SOURCE.  No reason to go anywhere else.

Well when you live 700 miles away and get no info at all, something is better than nothing. I was here during the Nutt departure and there were people here with true info, some of them are still here but for reasons I completely understand don't give it out theses days. The CPB hire was known here hrs before it was made public so there is proof that there are some here with real sources.

I'm just hoping for a little something and appreciate many of the long time posters here even though you have some that tend to have a little smartassery about them, cause I feel like I have been through the ringer with them.

hawgdavis

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 19, 2017, 11:52:53 am
I call that "brain typing".  Your brain knows better but you're typing at the speed of light and wind up with something different.  I do it all the time.

And like me regularly get busted for it lol.

We are in a serious position with the December signing period.  Our athletic department put us there so we got no choice. 

We can lament this hours on but we will know when the powers decide we know.

Next1_04

What has happened is nothing.

hawgdavis

Con el Cerdos

Thanks for any info.

Whatever BB's fate is, I don't think it's changed since last Wednesday.  Just think positive and look forward to 11-27-17.

hawgdavis

Quote from: 12247 on November 19, 2017, 12:11:58 pm
We are in a serious position with the December signing period.  Our athletic department put us there so we got no choice. 

We can lament this hours on but we will know when the powers decide we know.

Just seems too too quiet like something is getting ready to happen ya know what I mean. Nothing is coming out about anything football related at all nothing. There is usually something being talked about but since the post game presser absolutely nothing. Seems to be something lol

RockyMtnHog

It's quiet because nothing will happen until next weekend.  The Iron Bowl will have a lot to say about IF we get Gus or not.  IF AU beats Bama in the Iron Bowl then all bets are off, everything is delayed. IF it happens at all.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

PorkRinds

Take it FWIW but I was told by a family member of a person on the staff that they've been told to find jobs.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 19, 2017, 12:35:42 pm
Take it FWIW but I was told by a family member of a person on the staff that they've been told to find jobs.

I do not doubt this one bit.  There is going to be a change.

hawgdavis

Yep starting to here rumblings of a termination now ,maybe I should have started this thread sooner lol

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Poop Hoggy Hogg on November 19, 2017, 11:21:41 am
Sucks that we can't follow planes around anymore

Why can't we track the planes anymore?
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Laughing Hog on November 19, 2017, 12:50:20 pm
Why can't we track the planes anymore?

The tail numbers have been blocked from tracking at the request of the university and Razorback Foundation.

hawgdavis

Hogs-n-Roses

There's no need in any talk. A big pretty bow will be put on this thing real soon. Lots of people squaked around here for the past two seasons bout how this bunch Long /Bielema  would be here for a while whiles others of us groaned on and on bout their inabilities and shortcomings hence all the Jeffies thot they were untouchable. Now they're all quiet, well cept Bo, he's like unhelpable. A coup which should have happened 2 years ago has happened and will play out very shortly and most all hog fans (no Jeffies,Bielebers or Huggers) are going to be happy. I expect most of those will come on board once the winning starts.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 19, 2017, 11:47:11 am
Yep lots of grammar police here . Screw em they don't scare me, I shouldn't have to correct my spell check lol.

It's called "Predictive Text"
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

arcowboy

Check out SB Nation just out  @ 12:45 today

RedyorNot

I'm curious though about that. There seem to always be oaches retained (Lunney, Allen) by the incoming staff. I would think Lunney and Smith would be two looked at to stay based on their relationships with AR and LA. Is your person saying everyone should look for new gigs or just several?

PorkRinds

Quote from: RedyorNot on November 19, 2017, 01:53:45 pm
I'm curious though about that. There seem to always be oaches retained (Lunney, Allen) by the incoming staff. I would think Lunney and Smith would be two looked at to stay based on their relationships with AR and LA. Is your person saying everyone should look for new gigs or just several?

I don't pretend to know personally but from what I've been told nothing is promised to anyone. The college football industry is used to this kind of stuff. They've all likely been exploring options for a while now, even before being explicitly told to do so.

zerose

Thanks for any info.

It is always quiet right before the storm...
Peering inside the magic crystal 8-ball in the dark confines of a spider hole.

CareBear

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 19, 2017, 01:15:52 pm
There's no need in any talk. A big pretty bow will be put on this thing real soon. Lots of people squaked around here for the past two seasons bout how this bunch Long /Bielema  would be here for a while whiles others of us groaned on and on bout their inabilities and shortcomings hence all the Jeffies thot they were untouchable. Now they're all quiet, well cept Bo, he's like unhelpable. A coup which should have happened 2 years ago has happened and will play out very shortly and most all hog fans (no Jeffies,Bielebers or Huggers) are going to be happy. I expect most of those will come on board once the winning starts.
I was thinking about this thing last night. It's most certainly something that is 2+yrs overdue IMO. It bares resemblance to a  military/political coup, with some of the more deeply rooted media sycophants, propaganda spreaders, & paid message board trolls equal to collaborators, conspirators, traitors, & minions of the nefarious regime. We know what happens to those who knowingly help evil regimes once the reasonable masses aka the good guys get the power back... 😄🐖
#hitthatline
#earlychristmas

hoglady

Take it FWIW but I was told by a family member of a person on the staff that they’ve been told to find jobs.

I certainly believe that.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 19, 2017, 12:13:26 pm
What has happened is nothing.

I imagine there is all sorts of stuff happening behind the scenes - the ones in charge of handling this changing of the guard are probably ready to pull their hair out they're so busy.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rljjr

The question is when will they start to notify recruits and when will the first defections be public. BTW, that is not an argument to keep CBB. I look at it as an indicator of change. Of course that depends on the recruits themselves not keeping quiet once they find out from coaches.

texas tush hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 19, 2017, 02:07:49 pm
I don't pretend to know personally but from what I've been told nothing is promised to anyone. The college football industry is used to this kind of stuff. They've all likely been exploring options for a while now, even before being explicitly told to do so.

Michael Smith has a job, but everybody else is toast. There is not enough room for Lil Barry and Lil Timmy on the same staff, so read into that what you will. If Gus comes, Lil Timmy comes with him, so Lil Barry is out. If Norvell comes all bets are off. If it's Gus we could be looking at Cody Burns, Rhett Lashlee, and J.B. Grimes coming home too. We can only hope Larry Porter comes as well. Love to have Kevin Steele for defensive co-ordinator. Look for Ryan Russell to come and take Herbert's spot as the new strength and fitness co-ordinator(yippee).

zerose

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 19, 2017, 02:30:02 pm

Michael Smith has a job, but everybody else is toast. There is not enough room for Lil Barry and Lil Timmy on the same staff, so read into that what you will. If Gus comes, Lil Timmy comes with him, so Lil Barry is out. If Norvell comes all bets are off. If it's Gus we could be looking at Cody Burns, Rhett Lashlee, and J.B. Grimes coming home too. We can only hope Larry Porter comes as well. Love to have Kevin Steele for defensive co-ordinator. Look for Ryan Russell to come and take Herbert's spot as the new strength and fitness co-ordinator(yippee).

Do you have a magic crystal 8-ball too?
Peering inside the magic crystal 8-ball in the dark confines of a spider hole.

texas tush hog

Quote from: CareBear on November 19, 2017, 02:16:28 pm
I was thinking about this thing last night. It's most certainly something that is 2+yrs overdue IMO. It bares resemblance to a  military/political coup, with some of the more deeply rooted media sycophants, propaganda spreaders, & paid message board trolls equal to collaborators, conspirators, traitors, & minions of the nefarious regime. We know what happens to those who knowingly help evil regimes once the reasonable masses aka the good guys get the power back... 😄🐖
#hitthatline
#earlychristmas

Is Baghdad Bob back in town?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Thanks for any info.

Basket Ball is ROLLING.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawgdavis

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 19, 2017, 01:15:52 pm

Sounds like you have a little intel. If so can you give a little more of a hint as to whom it may be.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 19, 2017, 02:30:02 pm

Rhett left to be able to call his own plays..

ipigsooie

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on November 19, 2017, 08:07:06 pm

Rhett left to be able to call his own plays..

Hahaha. Funny. After the crap year last year Rhett was a scape goat. Gus couldn't have kept Rhett if he wanted to. 

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 19, 2017, 07:23:29 pm
Sounds like you have a little intel. If so can you give a little more of a hint as to whom it may be.
You know the drill. The AD will be named and we will have to wait for the season to end for us to make an official move. We have plan A and B and C. This thing has been well thought out and our school will get a great new beginning.

Silent

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 19, 2017, 08:14:41 pm
You know the drill. The AD will be named and we will have to wait for the season to end for us to make an official move. We have plan A and B and C. This thing has been well thought out and our school will get a great new beginning.

Are we still on plan A at this point is the question..?

Hollywood870

They could be negotiating the buyout already. That could take time.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Silent on November 19, 2017, 08:21:45 pm
Are we still on plan A at this point is the question..?
Yes. Well I ain't checked today but its not like I could get a hour by hour check up. I'm a peon.

hobhog

Quote from: hogfanmd on November 19, 2017, 11:37:52 am

I'm hearing an announcement could be made as early as tomorrow.

Silent

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 19, 2017, 08:57:28 pm
Yes. Well I ain't checked today but its not like I could get a hour by hour check up. I'm a peon.

Haha I hear ya, after nutt, I would have bet the house that Tuberville was a signed check and a couple signatures from being our next coach, luckily I didn't own a house back then because three or four days later my great uncle called and said scratch that, Petrino just fell in our lap, hope you didn't go around telling everyone already. 😂