Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It’s really quiet

Started by hawgdavis, November 19, 2017, 11:19:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 19, 2017, 02:30:02 pm

Michael Smith has a job, but everybody else is toast. There is not enough room for Lil Barry and Lil Timmy on the same staff, so read into that what you will. If Gus comes, Lil Timmy comes with him, so Lil Barry is out. If Norvell comes all bets are off. If it's Gus we could be looking at Cody Burns, Rhett Lashlee, and J.B. Grimes coming home too. We can only hope Larry Porter comes as well. Love to have Kevin Steele for defensive co-ordinator. Look for Ryan Russell to come and take Herbert's spot as the new strength and fitness co-ordinator(yippee).

Is J.B. Grimes still on Gus's staff?  I looked at an Auburn coaches roster recently and didn't see him on there.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Ironhawg

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 19, 2017, 09:09:28 pm
Is J.B. Grimes still on Gus's staff?  I looked at an Auburn coaches roster recently and didn't see him on there.

He's at UConn with Lashlee. 

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 19, 2017, 09:18:19 pm
He's at UConn with Lashlee. 

Thanks.  I'd like to see him come home.

ipigsooie

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 19, 2017, 09:19:46 pm
Thanks.  I'd like to see him come home.

Uconn is 3-7. Rhett was run off last year to save Gus a@# . You want them here?

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 19, 2017, 09:22:48 pm
Uconn is 3-7. Rhett was run off last year to save Gus a@# . You want them here?

I didn't say anything about "them."

ipigsooie

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 19, 2017, 09:29:39 pm
I didn't say anything about "them."

Sorry. Misunderstood. I don't want lashlee anywhere around.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 19, 2017, 09:36:58 pm
Sorry. Misunderstood. I don't want lashlee anywhere around.

All things football aside, J.B. is a great guy, an Arkansas boy, and I'd like to see him get a chance to come home...if he wants to.

ipigsooie

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 19, 2017, 09:41:06 pm
All things football aside, J.B. is a great guy, an Arkansas boy, and I'd like to see him get a chance to come home...if he wants to.

He certainly can't be any worse than anderson

hawgdavis

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 19, 2017, 08:14:41 pm
You know the drill. The AD will be named and we will have to wait for the season to end for us to make an official move. We have plan A and B and C. This thing has been well thought out and our school will get a great new beginning.

Thanks for giving me what you can. I won't ask for detailed info and for now will wait for something optimistic to break. I have faith that a few on here have a little better info than some others and your one of the few I put some stock in. Like I said I have been here for sometime even though I don't post as many as some. We have seen some interesting times together.

porkrindjimmy

Gus will be offered the job. It is his to turn down. I have no idea what he will choose. Alot of smoke coming from both directions on that decision.

If it is a no, I expect we will target Mike Norvell.

But I am beginning to hear some chatter about Lane Kiffin...

PRJ

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 19, 2017, 08:08:26 pm
Hahaha. Funny. After the crap year last year Rhett was a scape goat. Gus couldn't have kept Rhett if he wanted to.

Umm.. I guess some truths are funny then.
Gus called plays through the LSU game last year that they barely pulled off. Then handed the play calling over to Rhett causing a 5 game win streak and avg 43 pts a game.

And on another note. Rhett's offense at UConn is ranked 49th in total offense.