Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We've got till December 2nd

Started by parallaxpig, November 19, 2017, 07:10:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

to hire a new AD.  After that date most coaches on the must get list will start choosing their new destination schools.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

harrisburghog

I'm sure the early signing period is part of the deliberations. 

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 19, 2017, 07:10:07 am
to hire a new AD.  After that date most coaches on the must get list will start choosing their new destination schools.

You're presuming Arkansas' new director of athletics will actually be the decision maker when it comes to the new coach.  This is based on ten year's experience with Long and decades of experience with JFB.  It's far more likely the new AD will be a pawn of the PTB perhaps chosen by mutual consent with the HC if they are trying to attract someone like GM.

MissippHog

That's what concerns me LoB, are all PTB on the same page?  I would think they probably are not and I can only imagine the in-fighting that will take place if they hire the next HC.

ricepig

https://twitter.com/trey1037TheBuzz/status/932277250397007873

What I'm hearing: Arkansas will name a search committee this week that will include 1 member of the Board of Trustees to find it's next Athletic Director.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: MissippHog on November 19, 2017, 10:47:35 am
That's what concerns me LoB, are all PTB on the same page?  I would think they probably are not and I can only imagine the in-fighting that will take place if they hire the next HC.

I suspect the divisions mostly revolve around the pro- and anti-Gus factions.  That only comes into play if Gus loses this weekend.  At that point he needs an Arkansas offer in hand to build his support at Auburn or jump ship to Arkansas.

There might be an effort to bring in Charlie Strong.  Tubberville's support will be for the AD job.  I'm sure some of the young coaches have advocates among the PTB but it's hard to see the sort of organized campaign Nutt ran in 2007 to sucker in White.

parallaxpig

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 19, 2017, 08:17:31 am
You're presuming Arkansas' new director of athletics will actually be the decision maker when it comes to the new coach.  This is based on ten year's experience with Long and decades of experience with JFB.  It's far more likely the new AD will be a pawn of the PTB perhaps chosen by mutual consent with the HC if they are trying to attract someone like GM.

Yes I'm assuming we will have a normal AD/HC hierarchy. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,