• 388,772 Topics
• 22,001 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: So is the Gus thing real or not?  (Read 5154 times)

Tony Perkis

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This is the 18th level of the PerkiSystem.
Re: So is the Gus thing real or not?
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2017, 04:50:52 pm »

I just wanted to tell you all, good luck.  Gus is a stupid decision.
Thanks!

JONAS

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2017, 05:15:19 pm »

Gus to the AR. PTB: Hey guys, I know that I verbally accepted the job but I didn't realize that we would beat Georgia and Bama and have a clear shot to the nat. title. Can we wait until the middle of Jan. to make this formal because anything like this would really mess up the team mojo and jeopardize a chance at the title? Also, the barners are really excited since we beat both of them and have offered me a huge bonus and new contract so I hope you can match that. Also, since my contract states that I can't have discussions about a job without written notice to auburn, we have to act like we are doing all of this new in Jan. I know it will make y'all look stupid in dec. when everyone else is naming coaches and y'all are just sitting there twiddling your thumbs but it will be worth it. Talk to y'all in Jan., unless bama beats us this sat. then we're all good. Booom war eag...I mean hogs!!!

If that's the case, we should go on and offer Norvell.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Silent

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2017, 05:20:46 pm »

I am putting to rest that Auburn is a better more successful program than Arkansas.

One only has to look at how many games the other 13 SEC schools had won in the previous 5 years before 2013, from 2008 – 2012, to see how good the Arkansas football program was when Bielema took over:
Games Won Previous 5 Seasons by SEC Teams – 2008 – 2012
Alabama – 61
Florida – 51
LSU – 51
Georgia – 46
South Carolina – 45
Missouri – 41
Arkansas – 38
Auburn – 38
Texas A&M – 37
Mississippi State – 33
Ole Miss – 31
Tennessee – 28
Kentucky – 27
Vanderbilt – 26

As anyone can clearly see above Arkansas was tied with Auburn for 38 wins between 2008 and 2012 before Bret Bielema arrived in Fayetteville and that includes the 4 win Total Disaster Season under John L. Smith in 2012 at Arkansas after Bobby Petrino dalliance with the blonde on the motorcycle so when Bielema arrived in town to coach the Razorbacks he was taking on a pretty good Arkansas Football Program.

Don't let the years of CBB fool you, we are a sleeping giant.  The right coach can come in here and start something really special.

This is exactly what everyone needs to realize. We have the facilities, the money, the support, all we lack is the right coach and I’m not trying to beat a dead horse here, but Petrino proved this. I don’t give a damn what the pessimists say about Arkansas and recruiting. Arkansas isn’t automatically handicapped just because it’s Arkansas, recruiting is all about the coach sitting across the kitchen table from your kid. With the exception of some that have family ties or grew up with a dream to play for a certain program.

Silent..

wachhog

• Senior
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2017, 06:08:50 pm »

I have been anti Gus since late 2006 because of the way that season ended.  I want Mike Norvell.  If it is Gus, I will support him.  I just want to win.  I had no problems with Bret except for not winning and getting blow out way too much. 
The entrenchment thing is my concern. But, heck. it looked like the Iowa guy was entrenched...perhaps because of Hayden Cry. (I was around at SMU.)

Hawg Life

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2017, 07:11:35 pm »

I hope Jimmy Sexton is playing the Arkansas BOT for a raise and extension at AUB.

I think here’s too much chatter about Gus to Arkansas for it to happen.

I believe that is what is going on.

Sexton is also Norvell’s agent. It’s not hard to figure this out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas