JonesboroHog68

Venables
Kiffin
Gus
Norvell

Any of these four will be awesome but my hope is Venables. 🤞

hogcods8

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 27, 2017, 12:05:21 pm
It is not going to be Norvell. Let go of that rope.
You are incorrect on this one Eddie!

Farmer Hogget

First of all, I'm totally serious about Art Briles.  If all we care about is winning, why the hell not?  Win at ALL costs.  If we're not willing to hire someone like Art Briles, we're not serious about winning football games. 

Second, I believe the tweet said they were looking at two HEAD coaches, not an assistant.  That rules out Venables.

20gauge

Tweet also said both of those are coaching Saturday. Art Briles is not an HC anymore that I know of. He's some kind of assistant on a CFL team.

He's not an option and never should be

Paul

Quote from: LRrazorback on November 27, 2017, 04:20:39 pm
Mark this down-
I've done the research on most coaches talked about. If Gus is an option, hire him, it's who I said 5 years ago, if you couldn't get Patterson or Peterson. If Gus doesn't want to come, you should hire,
Matt Campbell.  He'll end up being the most successful of the younger crop of coaches. If anyone cares I could go into why. He would definitely do better at Arkansas and if we pass on him we will regret it like we do with Jimmy, Tommy T, and Bill Self.
you probably should do more recent research. Campbell signed a new contract with Iowa St

elksnort

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 27, 2017, 10:59:19 pm
First of all, I'm totally serious about Art Briles.  If all we care about is winning, why the hell not?  Win at ALL costs.  If we're not willing to hire someone like Art Briles, we're not serious about winning football games. 

Second, I believe the tweet said they were looking at two HEAD coaches, not an assistant.  That rules out Venables.
Wow, just no. Again, see my post in Jump Ball forum about this board having members that are so polarized in their thinking.
It would be interesting to have a poll for the worst posters on this board.