Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Not Bob Stoops?

Started by Hugo Bezdek, November 18, 2017, 07:20:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugo Bezdek

I'm surprised there's no talk of Bob Stoops. He's only 57. Maybe he needed a year off to recharge and is ready to go again.

Ham Ham Pigelow

I just don't see Arkansas being his next destination.

Academic

He's Assistant AD (or something like that) at OU, probably on path to be the next OU AD. Doubt he coaches again

rzrbkman

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on November 18, 2017, 07:20:38 pm
I'm surprised there's no talk of Bob Stoops. He's only 57. Maybe he needed a year off to recharge and is ready to go again.

Why not Nick Saben?

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: rzrbkman on November 18, 2017, 08:08:51 pm
Why not Nick Saben?
Because Saban already has a job, and Stoops is "retired" at 57?

Urban Meyer was retired too when he left Florida.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on November 18, 2017, 08:12:09 pm
Because Saban already has a job, and Stoops is "retired" at 57?

Urban Meyer was retired too when he left Florida.

He unretired for Ohio state. We aren't quite Ohio stateish

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 18, 2017, 08:14:32 pm
He unretired for Ohio state. We aren't quite Ohio stateish

LOL. I guess we aren't.

Tusks

I hate when hog fans go full aggie.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HF#1

Cause he doesn't want to coach anymore.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ipigsooie

Check out the 1800 sf office that Oklahoma built for him. He walked away from that team and that office. He is done.

Hugo Bezdek

I keep forgetting we need to lower our sites. Afterall our last two coaching hires were a sitting NFL coach and a three-time Rose Bowl coach, both of whom reached out to us.

King Kong

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on November 18, 2017, 08:39:04 pm
I keep forgetting we need to lower our sites. Afterall our last two coaching hires were a sitting NFL coach and a three-time Rose Bowl coach, both of whom reached out to us.

If Stoops wanted to coach again he would be taking Florida's job right now

Bkhardicars

I think his heart issues are real...He 's gonna stay retired or at least he truly should..

hogsanity

Stoops does not want to coach any more. He lives with the specter of early death by heart attack that took his dad and I think a couple of uncles. He just did not want want that stress any more.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

clutch

If Stoops still wanted to coach, he'd be coaching an Oklahoma team that has a real shot at winning a NC this year. He wouldn't have walked away from that team with another year of Baker Mayfield.

East Clintwood

He doesn't want to coach anymore because of health concerns.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on November 18, 2017, 10:10:19 pm
Stoops does not want to coach any more. He lives with the specter of early death by heart attack that took his dad and I think a couple of uncles. He just did not want want that stress any more.

Exactly. Stoops is done coaching.

Slater

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on November 18, 2017, 07:20:38 pm

If Big Game Bob coaches again, it will be Notre Dame
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

B Ray

All you can do is ask, if health concerns are real , move on

hawginbigd1

He told someone a few weeks ago that u will not see him ever coach again at any level.

synthartist69

Arkansas would be a serious downgrade for Stoops, sorry but we are not Oklahoma.