5.  Gus

jgcat4

I'll play...

1.Norvell
2.Campbell
3.Leach
4.Gus
5.Kiffin
Explanation- I think Norvell is the best shot we have. He wants to be here and that's what we need. He'll learn he needs a defense. In the mean time we'll win some games big and it'll be much better than it has been.

The only reasons Campbell is second is because of the high buyout and he has no southern ties. I think he's great, I just don't think he's for us.

I would take Leach. He's so unpredictable and I like talking about pirates and Sasquatch. I think if we got him and Florida had Kelly it would be interesting.

Gus...I don't trust him and I don't think he would win big here. I don't think he's coming here. I think Sexton is playing us for a fat raise and extension. It just smells like HDN and Nebraska, LSU.

I want to like Kiffin. He is a recruiter and a great offensive mind. However he has a track record that speaks poorly of him. Let him legitimize himself for a few years and he'll be big somewhere, probably in the SEC. If my opinion counted, that would be it.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Tony Perkis

1A. Gus
1B. Norvell
2. Campbell
3. Kiffin
4. Leach

BigBrandonAllenFan

1. Gus
2. Norvell
3. Strong
4. Campbell
5. Hillary.

RebelW

1. Norvell
2. Gus
3. Brohm
4. Manny Diaz

HogTakes

1) Kiffin 2) Scott Frost 3) Gus 4) Norvell 5) Venables 6) Dowell

RebelliousHog

Besides Diaz none of these, except Gus ever had a great defense. We can't outscore people like BP did. How many SECCGs did he go to?

BTW that's not an endorsement for Gus, simply a observation.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Mr. Porkleone

Gus
Gundy
Kiffin
Leach
Novell (not proven enough)

Hugo Bezdek

Stoops
Patterson
Gundy
Campbell
Venables

Marshfieldhog

ChicoHog

1.  Venables
2.   Pruitt
3.  Frost
4.  Campbell
5.  Norvell
6.  Malzahn
125.  Leach

I left off Patterson, Gundy and Stoops because I think they are all unrealistic.    Leach is by far my least favorite.  Worst recruiter of all by far.  We would have Memphis/SMU/La Tech talent level playing in the SEC.   That may work at Texas Tech and Wazzu but not in the SEC especially the West division. 

jrulz83

1) Kiffin
2).....
3).....
4).....
5).....
6).....
3,943) Gus
7,827,649) Leach
7,827,650) Norvell
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 18, 2017, 08:54:57 pm
1.  Venables
2.   Pruitt
3.  Frost
4.  Campbell
5.  Norvell
6.  Malzahn
125.  Leach

I left off Patterson, Gundy and Stoops because I think they are all unrealistic.    Leach is by far my least favorite.  Worst recruiter of all by far.  We would have Memphis/SMU/La Tech talent level playing in the SEC.   That may work at Texas Tech and Wazzu but not in the SEC especially the West division.

I think you have to gauge the interest of those guys, especially the one that's not coaching this year. Of the ones most likely to say yes if offered, Venables is the one I think has the best chance of being exceptional at Arkansas.

Hogwild

#1 Campbell
#2   Leach
#3 Noverll

PigInTheHole

#1 - Leach
#2 - Kiffin
#3 - Norvell

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

Sivad

Calvin Swine

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 18, 2017, 06:10:02 pm
1A. Gus
1B. Norvell
2. Campbell
3. Kiffin
4. Leach

Solid list.

For me I'd change it slightly to:
1A. Norvell 
1B. Gus
2. Kiffin
3. Leach
4. Campbell

SchrodingersHog

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 18, 2017, 05:44:21 pm
1.  Campbell
2.  Norvell
3.  Kiffin
4.  Leach
5.  Gus

Scratch Leach off your list.  He probably would not come to Arkansas even if offered.  Something about a grudge against Arkansas over the shooting of Parley Parker Pratt, Sr.

jgphillips3

For me personally, not on pure merit:

1. Norvell
2. Campbell
3. Gus
4. Leach
5. Kiffin

BR

(SOMEONE that recruit Texas)
Brent Venables
Jeremy Pruitt
Lane Kiffin
Mike Norvell
Chad Morris
Scott Frost
Mike Leach
Frank Wilson
Bryan Harsin
Blake Anderson
Neal Brown
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

dc10x5555

1.  Gus    2.  whoever you want

Rzback

November 19, 2017, 10:20:37 am #21 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:26:13 am by Rzback
1. Gus
2. Leach
3. Patterson
4. Gundy
5. Kiffin
6. Leach
7. Venables
8. Sumlin
9. Strong
10. Frost
11. Norvell
12. Cambell

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

DOGALUM

1. Venables
2. Gus
3. Gundy
4.  Norvell
5.  Morris
6. Pruitt

Not interested in Patterson.
Would not renew tickets if Kiffin was hired.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

B Ray

Quote from: BR on November 19, 2017, 09:30:40 am
(SOMEONE that recruit Texas)
Brent Venables
Jeremy Pruitt
Lane Kiffin
Mike Norvell
Chad Morris
Scott Frost
Mike Leach
Frank Wilson
Bryan Harsin
Blake Anderson
Neal Brown

Blake Anderson ....No , he suckered punch the UA a few weeks back !!

East Clintwood

1. Norvell
2. Morris
3. Brown
4. kiffin
5. Venables
9. Leach
47. Gus
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

apcapri

Norvell
Venables
Campbell
Morris
Brohm
Kiffin
Gus

Ironhawg

1.  Gundy
2.  Venables
3.  Brohm
4.  Kiffin
4.  Norvell
5.  Gus

I left off Frost and Campbell because I think they're headed elsewhere.

online-with-swine

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 19, 2017, 12:01:26 pm
1.  Gundy
2.  Venables
3.  Brohm
4.  Kiffin
4.  Norvell
5.  Gus

I left off Frost and Campbell because I think they're headed elsewhere.

Yeah, reports have Frost to Neb, hence why I left him off.  I like Campbell since he is turning around a traditional cellar dweller.  I like Norvell because he is young and looks to be a good recruiter.  I just think it is important to have a coach who runs a system that is geared towards where we recruit, Texas.  Most of them are spread teams.  Plus we need a bang up recruiter as a coach.  I think Norvell would be perfect.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on November 18, 2017, 08:04:26 pm
Stoops
Patterson
Gundy
Campbell
Venables
This plus Aranda, Pruitt and Frost.

B Ray

hogfansince79

1a.  Norvell
1b.  Frost
2.   Kiffin
3.   Campbell
1,478,985.   Gus
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Ironhawg

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 19, 2017, 12:30:50 pm
Yeah, reports have Frost to Neb, hence why I left him off.  I like Campbell since he is turning around a traditional cellar dweller.  I like Norvell because he is young and looks to be a good recruiter.  I just think it is important to have a coach who runs a system that is geared towards where we recruit, Texas.  Most of them are spread teams.  Plus we need a bang up recruiter as a coach.  I think Norvell would be perfect.

I like Gundy, well except for the mullet.  I don't think he leaves OSU, so he isn't really realistic.  I like Venables, but I think he is looking above us for his first HC job.  I'm not sure Brohm leaves Purdue after one year.  I would be a little afraid of Kiffin's personality and a little afraid of Norvell's inexperience.  I didn't list Leach because I think his personality fits better where he is.

sowmonella

Rank the expected HC openings by January 1st.
1. Florida
2. Texas A & M
3 . etc,etc,etc
Nebraska, UCLA, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Nebraska, Illinois,K-State?,others?

Where are we in the pecking order?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

B Ray

Hopefully we have a new coach by then , but I guess we needed a new thread