Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do it now...

Started by hawgon, November 18, 2017, 02:26:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: DZ on November 18, 2017, 04:04:09 pm
will not matter an ounce.

I guess it does to someone, because they haven't fired him, have they?

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

DZ

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 04:05:25 pm
I guess it does to someone, because they haven't fired him, have they?
it ain't because of the money,  i'm saying in the big picture it does not matter, the money will be there. if its not today, it will be in the future.. now if you keep him, maybe not.

Pecos Hog

Let the healing begin - now.    We are all ready for a fresh start.   The players and the fans deserve better than to let him continue to drag us down.

dmaxfan

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 18, 2017, 03:44:11 pm
Dude you'd be going to support the player's not the coach who's obviously done.

I'd have to respectfully disagree. Until he's fired, he's still here. We read rumor after rumor, but until it happens, it hasn't. Empty seats sends 1 hell of a message.
The effort put forth by the team today was respectable. My hat's off to the players. I just hate that they are collateral damage in this mess. It'll be better soon...hopefully
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: duckman on November 18, 2017, 04:00:43 pm
Fire him now, get the new AD in place, and get a coach hired.  No reason to wait, period.
I've been trying to think of reasons to keep him until after Mizzou and I can't. Buyout doesn't matter at this point.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 18, 2017, 04:39:02 pm
I've been trying to think of reasons to keep him until after Mizzou and I can't. Buyout doesn't matter at this point.

Sure, if 4 million is nothing to you.

ricepig

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 18, 2017, 04:39:02 pm

Of course it doesn't, but these GOBN got a plan, right??

hawgon

The buyout goes down a little more than $3k a day until January 1st when they start calculating it by the $12.7 million figure.  So, firing him today or tomorrow as opposed to Friday or Saturday would save about $18 to $21 k at the most.

Simple Swineman

Quote from: hawgon on November 18, 2017, 04:43:13 pm
The buyout goes down a little more than $3k a day until January 1st when they start calculating it by the $12.7 million figure.  So, firing him today or tomorrow as opposed to Friday or Saturday would save about $18 to $21 k at the most.

Then we would probably actually be better off financially by firing him now. It would take less than 500 tickets to make up that little of difference. I firmly believe if he is fired they will easily sell an additional 500 tickets to the Mizzou game.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 18, 2017, 04:40:18 pm
Sure, if 4 million is nothing to you.
Lol. No knowledge on how this would actually work I see. Try around $20k.

ricepig

Quote from: Simple Swineman on November 18, 2017, 04:48:02 pm
Then we would probably actually be better off financially by firing him now. It would take less than 500 tickets to make up that little of difference. I firmly believe if he is fired they will easily sell an additional 500 tickets to the Mizzou game.

That's a lot of $6 tickets......

Bigmac2

Quote from: Snouty on November 18, 2017, 02:45:02 pm
This is probably a minority opinion.  Bret Bielema and the coaching staff had the team ready for today's game.  Mississippi State is a very good team.  It's obvious the Bulldogs had a hangover from Alabama.  That first turnover was a fluke, but the fumble near the goal line resulted from defensive pressure and individual play by Agim.  Fitzgerald looked uncomfortable all day.  I credit Coach Rhodes and the defense for making Fitzgerald uncomfortable. However, he did complete the last pass for a touchdown.  Or at least, that's the way the referees called it.

This would have been a tie at the end of regulation if the Fitzgerald sideline pass had been intercepted.  I believe it would have been a pick 6.  Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Bielema put the Razorbacks in position to win, but they couldn't seal the deal.

Bret Bielema should be allowed to coach the game against Missouri.  It would be a disservice to these seniors to dismiss the head coach who recruited them to Arkansas and coached them the last 4 or 5 years.  I can't believe they want him fired now.  After the Missouri game, the University of Arkansas should terminate Coach Bieleman's employment.  There's no need to be nasty about it.

"Bielema put the Razorbacks in position to win"
Only part I disagree with you on. 4th down call was atrocious. Bielema has let these players down. The players almost won despite his coaching. I could care less if he is on the sideline or not next game. It will give the players one last game to try and win for him. But on the other hand if he is not on the sideline and the players win I guess it will show the CBB faithful the players weren't that enamored by him.

Hogwarrior

Why?  NOT going to happen!  What's to be gained?  I would bet my farm a professional (not a bunch of has been Arkys) search committee was hired weeks ago and have already been working on BBs replacement.  Relax, it's almost over!

menehune

This is probably a minority opinion.  Bret Bielema and the coaching staff had the team ready for today's game.  Mississippi State is a very good team.  It's obvious the Bulldogs had a hangover from Alabama.  That first turnover was a fluke, but the fumble near the goal line resulted from defensive pressure and individual play by Agim.  Fitzgerald looked uncomfortable all day.  I credit Coach Rhodes and the defense for making Fitzgerald uncomfortable. However, he did complete the last pass for a touchdown.  Or at least, that's the way the referees called it.

This would have been a tie at the end of regulation if the Fitzgerald sideline pass had been intercepted.  I believe it would have been a pick 6.  Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Bielema put the Razorbacks in position to win, but they couldn't seal the deal.

Bret Bielema should be allowed to coach the game against Missouri.  It would be a disservice to these seniors to dismiss the head coach who recruited them to Arkansas and coached them the last 4 or 5 years.  I can't believe they want him fired now.  After the Missouri game, the University of Arkansas should terminate Coach Bieleman's employment.  There's no need to be nasty about it.

THIS!  Unfortunately, the anger, ignorance and alcohol level of a large number of people on this and other social media forums is at a high level... thankfully, they have refrained from flying banners and other immature expressions. 

One week won't make any difference...I just want people to show some class...not their ***.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

I agree. End it now. Bowl game is impossible now, so end it.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: menehune on November 18, 2017, 05:13:42 pm
I just want people to show some class...not their ***.

In other words don't be like Bert.

kiddhog

I've seen several comments about 'payout " money we would owe if CBB if fired tonight or next week or January 1st??  either way don't we pay him the money ? so if he "coaches" ( and i use that very loosely) the next week or until January 1st we are paying him the salary that he is supposedly earning? or if he is fired tomorrow we still pay him the same salary and the same buyout goes into effect ?

i'm just questioning those that say it saves us more to allow him to coach the final game ? Because i think he's gotten every chance he deserves .. these "seniors " and other players derisive a chance to ply final game without that albatross choking them out.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I have a little different thought on this.  Why saddle an interim coach with the upcoming loss to Missouri?  I say, CBB created this steaming pile, so let him own it. 
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

DeltaBoy

End the Pig Farmer era Today!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DZ

Quote from: menehune on November 18, 2017, 05:13:42 pm
THIS!  Unfortunately, the anger, ignorance and alcohol level of a large number of people on this and other social media forums is at a high level... thankfully, they have refrained from flying banners and other immature expressions. 

One week won't make any difference...I just want people to show some class...not their ***.
so arkansas should be different when firing a coach than other SEC schools? what sense does that make? people that think that others care when a school fires a coach are living in a bubble.  it don't make a crap, obviously as BB says, he didn't get it done here. Kentucky probably would have already fired him, but we, being the integrity champions, should let him coach it out.. F that.

moses_007

Is he fired yet?  What the hell are they waiting for?

East Clintwood

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 18, 2017, 02:55:17 pm
Get rid of him now. When we lose to Missouri,  I'd rather have an excuse why. (Interim coach)

We've already got an excuse -- worthless coach.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

moses_007

I've been mulling over that 4th and 3 call by Bielema all afternoon, and I think he called it on purpose.  He knows he's finished, and he didn't care if we lost another one.

He wants his $5-6 Million Dollars and wants gone from here...........

From Tusk Till Dawn

Yes your post is definitely in the minority but is correct.  Most of the boo birds just need to vent.  If you go look at most of their game predictions the majority had us losing big, really big.  The players and coaches were ready for this game and collectively fell short.  Let them finish it out against Mizou and then we turn the page.  Firing our coach with one game left just makes the university look bad and we certainly dont need anymore of that. 

Davidr295

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 19, 2017, 08:00:14 am
Yes your post is definitely in the minority but is correct.  Most of the boo birds just need to vent.  If you go look at most of their game predictions the majority had us losing big, really big.  The players and coaches were ready for this game and collectively fell short.  Let them finish it out against Mizou and then we turn the page.  Firing our coach with one game left just makes the university look bad and we certainly dont need anymore of that.

No it doesn't. How many other teams have already fired their coach across the country. This is the biggest myth of all time, just because we let a lame duck coach finish the last game of season some how will attract the big name coaches. Lol at this.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Davidr295 on November 19, 2017, 08:16:03 am
No it doesn't. How many other teams have already fired their coach across the country. This is the biggest myth of all time, just because we let a lame duck coach finish the last game of season some how will attract the big name coaches. Lol at this.
I'm fine debating the topic.  However, my point has NOTHING to do with a coaching search or coaching candidates.  In fact you actually helped my point.  If we were going to have a mid season firing we prob should have done it after SC.  To do so with 1 game left just looks petty and sends a bad message imo.  That on the heels of firing a nationally respected AD (and nobody is exactly sure why) just makes it look as if the entire program is in chaos from the top down.  It looks like we dont have a plan (or a contingency plan) and are shooting from the hip.  So if I'm a parent of a recruit or a high school coach providing guidance to a parent of a recruit, Im probably steering clear of the Hogs this year.  However, since you brought up coaching, imo its naive to think that a coaching search starts AFTER the current coach is fired when its been trending that direction all year (lol).  The final game wont be a factor when it comes to searching for an incoming coach but will be a factor to outgoing seniors.

DZ

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 19, 2017, 09:21:20 am
I'm fine debating the topic.  However, my point has NOTHING to do with a coaching search or coaching candidates.  In fact you actually helped my point.  If we were going to have a mid season firing we prob should have done it after SC.  To do so with 1 game left just looks petty and sends a bad message imo.  That on the heels of firing a nationally respected AD (and nobody is exactly sure why) just makes it look as if the entire program is in chaos from the top down.  It looks like we dont have a plan (or a contingency plan) and are shooting from the hip.  So if I'm a parent of a recruit or a high school coach providing guidance to a parent of a recruit, Im probably steering clear of the Hogs this year.  However, since you brought up coaching, imo its naive to think that a coaching search starts AFTER the current coach is fired when its been trending that direction all year (lol).  The final game wont be a factor when it comes to searching for an incoming coach but will be a factor to outgoing seniors.
1. It is in chaos with the current coaching staff
2. BB does not deserve to coach another game and have another excuse filled press conference. THAT is an embarrassment. I'm amazed that people think firing a coach has to have different rules at Arkansas, can the jack ass and send a message that we are better than that and won't accept this crap.
3. Do we have a plan?

jackflash

wait until after the Missouri game.  no hurry may be after a coach who won't be available until after a bowl game. I think it would wrong to wait that long

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: DZ on November 19, 2017, 09:27:19 am
1. It is in chaos with the current coaching staff
2. BB does not deserve to coach another game and have another excuse filled press conference. THAT is an embarrassment. I'm amazed that people think firing a coach has to have different rules at Arkansas, can the jack ass and send a message that we are better than that.
3. Do we have a plan?
1.  Losing football games doesn't necessarily equal institutional chaos.  There are levers in place to deal with unsuccessful coaches.   Big money coups on the otherhand?
2. What is anyone supposed to say at a press conference.  There are reasons why games are won and reasons why they are lost.  Fans are never interested in the latter so not sure he would say anything that you agree with for justification.  As for being canned, that message you want sent looks the same next week.
3.  A plan?  I'm not in the know but historically we have been pretty bad with transition and it doesn't look much better this time around.  Hope im wrong.

Davidr295

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 19, 2017, 09:21:20 am

What is the bad message? Will Norvell and other candidates not consider us if we fire him before mizz game. I think you overestimate how much the seniors care who the coach is at the end of a failed season. This sounds personal to you so go ahead and spew your emotional poor beilema garbage. Why didn't we let petrino finish out the season when he was fired, what about the kids he recruited. What about pelfrey's players. You can say that about every coach fired in the history of time. What about les miles should lsu have waited. Just cause you dont like it doesn't mean it's not the right decision.

hoglady

After reading some of the players comments this morning - I've changed my mind.
This team wants to finish the season with the coach who recruited them and has been with them through out the season.
Let them finish this thing out together.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Davidr295 on November 19, 2017, 09:44:55 am
What is the bad message? Will Norvell and other candidates not consider us if we fire him before mizz game. I think you overestimate how much the seniors care who the coach is at the end of a failed season. This sounds personal to you so go ahead and spew your emotional poor beilema garbage. Why didn't we let petrino finish out the season when he was fired, what about the kids he recruited. What about pelfrey's players. You can say that about every coach fired in the history of time. What about les miles should lsu have waited. Just cause you dont like it doesn't mean it's not the right decision.
Well my name is on the sidewalk so ofcourse its personal but based on your response sounds like you are probably a little more emotional about it than me.  So do you want me to address your points OR are you just looking to argue?  Lets try the first one first.   I'm not a fan of mid season firings based on performance (clearly CBP doesnt fall in that category)  Its kind of an eat what you cook approach for me.  You are correct it doesn't make me right but it is just as easy to say that about your approach.  I think firing a coach with one game left when you had eleven chances to do it previously just looks like there's no adults in the room. 

Davidr295

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 19, 2017, 10:07:24 am
Well my name is on the sidewalk so ofcourse its personal but based on your response sounds like you are probably a little more emotional about it than me.  So do you want me to address your points OR are you just looking to argue?  Lets try the first one first.   I'm not a fan of mid season firings based on performance (clearly CBP doesnt fall in that category)  Its kind of an eat what you cook approach for me.  You are correct it doesn't make me right but it is just as easy to say that about your approach.  I think firing a coach with one game left when you had eleven chances to do it previously just looks like there's no adults in the room.

Congrats on having your name on a sidewalk, mine is as well. How is 1 game left a mid-season firing?

Hugo Bezdek

I've been told it's in his contract he can't be fired during the season. I have no idea if that's true.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Davidr295 on November 19, 2017, 12:21:05 pm
Congrats on having your name on a sidewalk, mine is as well. How is 1 game left a mid-season firing?

Congrats to you as well, when you have a personal investment in something you always care more.  As for your question, would it help if I said I'm against firing coaches "during" the season for performance.  And for the record, relax, its ok if we dont agree.