Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final from Ben Hill Griffin: Florida 36 UAB 7

Started by jbcarol, November 18, 2017, 07:26:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

UAB's Broderick Thomas' brutal hit destroys poor UTSA tuba (video via link)

QuoteAt the same time Thomas was watching the replay of his tuba assassination, the UTSA Spirit of San Antonio marching band gave an impromptu memorial for its fallen comrade -- affectionately known as Tuba 6 -- on the 50-yard line in the Alamodome.

"The tuba, may it rest in peace," linebacker Shaq Jones said with a sly grin following Monday's press conference.

In fact, it did.

The impromptu memorial in the Alamodome was followed up by a full-fledged funeral service on Monday night. The loss has affected the UTSA community, especially the tuba's player, Christopher Zuniga, an 18-year-old freshman at UTSA.

"Tuba 6 was one of the greatest instruments I have had the privilege of knowing and playing on, and now that he is gone there's a hole in my heart that nothing can replace," Zuniga said. "Tuba 6 was and still is an inspiration to me and many others and touched many lives with his beautiful sound."

Although video of the hit -- and the subsequent tuba funeral --
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

Gators recover a fumble and are in business in the red zone.

jbcarol

FLorida is up 6-0 late in the 1st

jbcarol

jbcarol