Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some new info....

Started by porkrindjimmy, November 17, 2017, 04:59:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scaldedhog

The father of the director of recruiting letting something like that slip?  That sours me on fathers and recruiting!
Make Arkansas Football great again

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: PigInTheHole on November 17, 2017, 05:22:10 pm
Just got a text, Kristi Malzahn seen today at realtor office

reliable source

that's HUGE because everyone knows you can't buy a house unless you GO TO the realtor office!

Was Cam waiting in the car for her? Do they buy Cam a little in-law house out back? 

HawgTide

Quote from: BR on November 18, 2017, 09:32:55 am
Kiffin said this morning, working with Saban changed his whole attitude about coaching.. They were 26-0 together..  Him working under Pete Carrol & Saban is a hell of a learning curve..

And he still screwed Saban and Bama by being a giant a$$ and getting fired before the playoffs last year.

Little Lord Lane will burn down another P5 school the next time someone hires him

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 11:25:04 pm
I can assure you with some of the money, Skip isn't behind 5 or 6 more.. that is just the truth.
They are going to make Gus turn us down....and pray the next guy they go is Norvell.

PRJ

Skip Holtz was fired at South Florida and is currently 5-6 at La Tech

great choice

Kevin

lane kiffin would not be boring
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Kevin on November 18, 2017, 07:37:02 pm
lane kiffin would not be boring
The biggest plus to a Kiffin hire is that you would probably never have to pay a buyout to get rid of him.

The Hawg Marshal

I'd rather have Kiffin than Skip Holtz I can tell you that for sure.

Oklahawg

Two names not being kicked around that are not "Arkansas people" - Mike Gundy and Major Applewhite.

I know there are priorities for handing the reins to a "home boy" but those other two are primed to move to the SEC as a HC. I like Venables as an option but have to wonder why he hasn't landed something yet if he is that good?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: fieldturf on November 18, 2017, 08:10:48 am

If he makes the SECCG and Auburn gets beat, then he won't coach the bowl game because he'll be on the way to Ark.  Now if they make payoffs then we wait.

LOL!

HoopS

What he tells anyone on that side shouldn't sour anyone on this side. He has to tell them he's staying whether he is or isn't. That's common sense here.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: ur on November 18, 2017, 09:37:11 am
On a side note, if gus comes here, I could see auburn going after BP. With Steele staying at aub and bp having Stidham and those RBs, that will be one heck of a team, and a game when we play aub next year.

no, they'd do better than that - they'd go after Kiffin

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Dropkick on November 18, 2017, 10:54:44 am
I would rather roll the dice on Norvell. There is no sure thing, anyone is going to be a bit of a gamble.

that's a bad roll of the dice

his coaching staff is borderline Sun Belt level or below

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 18, 2017, 09:15:30 pm

That's my number one concern with Norvell.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 18, 2017, 11:13:37 am
I know. There's a difference between being @ FAU that a SEC team. There'd be way more attention paid to Briles. He'd have to be an analyst @ a major program at least for a couple of years.

LOL, that is absolutely ridiculous

Hog Pharm

That's because he's at a Sun Belt level school.

AflacHawg

So right out of the gate they are better than what we have now.  ;D

Dropkick

Quote from: Hog Pharm on November 18, 2017, 09:21:11 pm
That's because he's at a Sun Belt level school.
Not even close between Sunbelt and AAC.

The Boar War

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 18, 2017, 05:18:30 pm
If not Gus, ixd prefer norvell over the rest. Leach is a no and kiffin is a hell no

Same for me.  Gus has proven that he can win in the SEC so that gives him the nod.  I could care less about the Springdale drama.  I enjoy watching Norvell but I don't know what the transition would look like going from CUSA to the SEC.  Mike Leach would be a disaster.  Trying to overhaul this team to fit his image would take multiple seasons and we'd have to listen to him talk about Pirates while we're trudging through 4 win seasons.  I know pirate talk is a draw for some but I would rather hear a football coach talk about football.  If I'm interested in pirates I'll read Treasure Island.  Kiffin is a job hopping train wreck.  Let someone else repeat that mistake.

edt

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 18, 2017, 11:22:23 am
From the moment Gus got here he was having The Springdale parents and Gus himself were trying to get Nutt fired and let Gus takeover. The parents complained about everything, as Gus had told them to do. They complained about curfews, playing time, lied about how they were treated. What they didn't realize that had they waited a year or so, and Gus would've had a chance after Houston was gone. Nutt had enough and handcuffed Gus to show him he was the boss, and Gus took the first opportunity to get out of town.
Tha's the biggest bunch of bullcrap that's been spewed on here in a long time.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 18, 2017, 09:18:50 pm
LOL, that is absolutely ridiculous

Not with what's attached to his name.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 18, 2017, 07:53:57 pm
Two names not being kicked around that are not "Arkansas people" - Mike Gundy and Major Applewhite.

I know there are priorities for handing the reins to a "home boy" but those other two are primed to move to the SEC as a HC. I like Venables as an option but have to wonder why he hasn't landed something yet if he is that good?

I'd really be surprised if Gundy left T. Boone U. for Arkansas.  He's pretty much got it made there, at least from the outside looking in.  For me at least, Gundy would be a big time hire. I will have to read some more about Applewhite.  I'm with you on Venables.  His name seems to get mentioned every year and every year he continues to be a coordinator.  Is he being very picky about his first HC job or has he decided he likes being a coordinator?

Hawg Life

Quote from: edt on November 18, 2017, 09:30:30 pm
Tha's the biggest bunch of bullcrap that's been spewed on here in a long time.

Gus is the Hillary Clinton of college football. No matter how bogus, how much he lies, or what nefarious behavior no one believes it and he never faces repercussion. It's amazing to me.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 18, 2017, 09:35:33 pm
Gus is the Hillary Clinton Donald Trump of college football. No matter how bogus, how much he lies, or what nefarious behavior no one believes it and he never faces repercussion. It's amazing to me.

No reason to go there. This is a family friendly site.

NashvilleHog

Quote from: The Boar War on November 18, 2017, 09:28:18 pm
Same for me.  Gus has proven that he can win in the SEC so that gives him the nod.  I could care less about the Springdale drama.  I enjoy watching Norvell but I don't know what the transition would look like going from CUSA to the SEC.  Mike Leach would be a disaster.  Trying to overhaul this team to fit his image would take multiple seasons and we'd have to listen to him talk about Pirates while we're trudging through 4 win seasons.  I know pirate talk is a draw for some but I would rather hear a football coach talk about football.  If I'm interested in pirates I'll read Treasure Island.  Kiffin is a job hopping train wreck.  Let someone else repeat that mistake.

Memphis is in the American.  Big difference between it and C-USA.

Norvell is going to light it up wherever he ends up.  I'd rather not be on the receiving end of it. 
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 18, 2017, 09:35:33 pm
Gus is the Hillary Clinton of college football. No matter how bogus, how much he lies, or what nefarious behavior no one believes it and he never faces repercussion. It's amazing to me.

And he will still have to tell us no.

PRJ

grayhawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 18, 2017, 09:44:02 pm

PRJ
It will suprise me if he says yes.

Hawg Life

PRJ

I'll bet 1 year of posting on here. If it's Gus I won't post for a year, and if it's not Gus you don't post for a year on here. Deal?

The Boar War

Quote from: NashvilleHog on November 18, 2017, 09:42:05 pm
Memphis is in the American.  Big difference between it and C-USA.

Norvell is going to light it up wherever he ends up.  I'd rather not be on the receiving end of it. 

You're right.  I went back a few years there.  I've actually watched a lot of Memphis football this year and the AAC isn't a bad league at all.  I would compare it to a less physical Big 12.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: grayhawg on November 18, 2017, 09:46:27 pm
It will suprise me if he says yes.

Can't say it would surprise me either....

But if he loses to Bama...ain't gonna surprise me if he says yes. Auburn doesn't really care if he leaves.

And I say this as Gus isn't my first choice. Norvell and Kiffin would have to turn me down first.

PRJ

dmaxfan

Quote from: The Boar War on November 18, 2017, 09:28:18 pm

Exactly. Leach to me would be an amazing oc but has never done much as a hc.

We need to purge kiffin from our thoughts. Bobby Perino unintentionally put in mption the destruction of our program that brought us names like John L Smith and Bret Bielema. This program is stalled. We don't need a nail in the coffin from kiffin.

Of course leach is better than John L Smith and Bret Bielema but hell, so am I.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

Rudy Baylor

PRJ

seems like you're all buddy-buddy with the types who would shove someone down the fan's throats regardless of what they think

I'm of the opinion that a very polarizing hire should not be shoved down the throats of folks who are tired of "answering the call" when they can barely squeak by financially as it is

all of this is going to come crashing down at some point - nationwide

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 18, 2017, 09:48:20 pm
I'll bet 1 year of posting on here. If it's Gus I won't post for a year, and if it's not Gus you don't post for a year on here. Deal?

Dude...you are having a hard time understanding what I am saying I suppose. There are people, the same people responsible for chasing Jeff off. They have or are going to offer Gus. That is a fact.

I have never said if Gus would say yes or if Gus would say no.

Again, dude isn't who I would hire.   

Don't have any idea where Gus is leaning but he will have to say no.

PRJ

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 18, 2017, 09:49:33 pm
Exactly. Leach to me would be an amazing oc but has never done much as a hc.

We need to purge kiffin from our thoughts. Bobby Perino unintentionally put in mption the destruction of our program that brought us names like John L Smith and Bret Bielema. This program is stalled. We don't need a nail in the coffin from kiffin.

Of course leach is better than John L Smith and Bret Bielema but hell, so am I.

that makes absolutely no sense

Kiffin has nothing to do with John L, Beliema, etc.

absolute throwing of darn against the wall there and seeing if it will stick

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 18, 2017, 09:52:09 pm
seems like you're all buddy-buddy with the types who would shove someone down the fan's throats regardless of what they think

I'm of the opinion that a very polarizing hire should not be shoved down the throats of folks who are tired of "answering the call" when they can barely squeak by financially as it is

all of this is going to come crashing down at some point - nationwide

And then there is you.

Once damn again, I don't want Gus. I want Mike Norvell or Lane Kiffin. I am simply telling you that Gus is or has been offered. His PC today when he was asked the question was less than believable.

I am not trying to shove Gus down anyone's throat. There are people on here who are way more convinced than I that think he will accept it.

PRJ

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 18, 2017, 09:54:48 pm
And then there is you.

Once damn again, I don't want Gus. I want Mike Norvell or Lane Kiffin. I am simply telling you that Gus is or has been offered. His PC today when he was asked the question was less than believable.

I am not trying to shove Gus down anyone's throat. There are people on here who are way more convinced than I that think he will accept it.

PRJ

I didn't say you were. Go back and read.

But those folks you know, they are. They're making a big mistake.

jgcat4

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 18, 2017, 09:54:48 pm
And then there is you.

PRJ

I'm with you.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

hogfansince79

Well, if the big money guys want Gus... then we need new big money guys.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Rudy Baylor

cause and effect has been lost on the American brain for years now

people seriously don't know how to think anymore

thought process - a dinosaur

grayhawg

Quote from: hogfansince79 on November 18, 2017, 09:59:14 pm
Well, if the big money guys want Gus... then we need new big money guys.
They are the same guys who want Bielema gone and for the most part are paying to make that happen.

dmaxfan

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 18, 2017, 09:54:11 pm
that makes absolutely no sense

Kiffin has nothing to do with John L, Beliema, etc.

absolute throwing of darn against the wall there and seeing if it will stick
You misunderstood. Didn't mean kiffin had anything to do with them. What I mean is our program is in trouble and has been since John L Smith. It's stalled and we don't want to kill it and be as bad of a program as smu was after the death sentence. I don't want to put a preverbial bullet in our program by hiring kiffin and him leaving after a year and find out a great coach like venables or Norvell were interested but took other jobs.

holman24

Let's say he does win th NCAA champ and decides the take the rest if his time at home building his team to put us back on top. As long as we r what iffing

ur

Another question is, if Gus loses to bama, because that is the only way he is coming to Arkansas, does he wait to see if Auburn fires him to collect some buyout money, or does he leave on his own and forfeit that? If auburn wants to go in another direction, they will want to move quickly to find another coach before early signing period.

hogfansince79

Quote from: grayhawg on November 18, 2017, 10:02:21 pm
They are the same guys who want Bielema gone and for the most part are paying to make that happen.

Yep, Bielema gone is a good thing.  Gus coming here... not so much.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

dmaxfan

Quote from: ur on November 18, 2017, 10:03:43 pm
Another question is, if Gus loses to bama, because that is the only way he is coming to Arkansas, does he wait to see if Auburn fires him to collect some buyout money, or does he leave on his own and forfeit that? If auburn wants to go in another direction, they will want to move quickly to find another coach before early signing period.
You can bet Auburn wont fire him unless Arkansas has already announced a coach. They know we are interested. No since in having to pay him and miss out on being paid.

grayhawg

Quote from: hogfansince79 on November 18, 2017, 10:05:02 pm
Yep, Bielema gone is a good thing.  Gus coming here... not so much.
I don't have the money to do either one, so seems to me are we better off with someone else even if it's Gus? I think so so more power to them. BTW Gus is not my first choice.

PIGskin Pride

Quote from: goodguytex on November 17, 2017, 05:01:41 pm
Malzan has already proven himself to be a 2 faced punk in the past. We don't need that as our HC. Auburn can keep him.

Link?

hogfansince79

Quote from: grayhawg on November 18, 2017, 10:08:58 pm
I don't have the money to do either one, so seems to me are we better off with someone else even if it's Gus? I think so so more power to them. BTW Gus is not my first choice.

He's not in my top ten... or twenty for that matter.

Jackson_64

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 18, 2017, 07:53:57 pm

We missed the boat on Gundy the last go round.
Lane Kiffin.

And it is way closer to happening then you think.

Way closer.

PRJ

lumphog

Memphis could beat 75% of SEC teams right NOW. They would probably finish 3rd in the West and 2nd in the East.... with much less talent. AND, WSU could beat Memphis. I'd be happy with Norvell (promising future) or Leach (a football genius)

Tony Perkis

Somebody "in the know" should just let me know as soon as they are 100% who will be here. I'm trying to make some money on theses odds.