Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some new info....

Started by porkrindjimmy, November 17, 2017, 04:59:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

I happen to work for the father of Auburn's director of recruiting....

Talked to that said person today. Said that Gus isn't coming here...in no certain terms.

My Arkansas people tell me different.  So...Gus is misleading one side....

Sours me on Gus. Just move on to Norvell....not Skip Holtz.

PRJ

Sounds like Gus is telling both sides what they want to hear. I would love Norvell. The biggest risk we face I think, is waiting on Gus and getting played while we miss out on a few others.

goodguytex

Malzan has already proven himself to be a 2 faced punk in the past. We don't need that as our HC. Auburn can keep him.

B Ray

I'm not saying I know which side he is playing,but why would he openly admit that he is considering leaving Auburn to any other school , just not Arkansas.. It's not good business to do so, you lose your leverage!!!

Piggie

He told ASU he would be there up till the last second, and then packed his bags.
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Karma on November 17, 2017, 05:00:43 pm
Sounds like Gus is telling both sides what they want to hear. I would love Norvell. The biggest risk we face I think, is waiting on Gus and getting played while we miss out on a few others.

And I am afraid that is what this is setting up...Gus wins next Sat, and we are put off till the following Sat. He beats Ga again and we are gonna wait a month...and then he says no?

Norvell won't be on the table very long after December 2nd....

Again, afraid we just need to move on...and I have heard Skip Holtz's name way to much as a fall back....

PRJ

B Ray

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 05:05:23 pm
And I am afraid that is what this is setting up...Gus wins next Sat, and we are put off till the following Sat. He beats Ga again and we are gonna wait a month...and then he says no?

Again, afraid we just need to move on...and I have heard Skip Holtz's name way to much as a fall back....

PRJ
i agree, we have to a have a hire date , if Gus keeps winning and needs to stay, it's time to move on and hire next .. I'm unsure Skip is the answer, but if they are waiting on Gus they better have a backup ready to go

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: B Ray on November 17, 2017, 05:01:52 pm
I'm not saying I know which side he is playing,but why would he openly admit that he is considering leaving Auburn to any other school , just not Arkansas.. It's not good business to do so, you lose your leverage!!!

People talk. Amongst themselves...have feelings. They say Gus has laughed at the possibility of coming here.

Now, sure he may not show his hand but it doesn't set right with me that we may be getting played here and a good coach goes somewhere else why we play tiddlywinks with Gus...

PRJ

ur

Wish we would go straight to Norvell and call it done.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: B Ray on November 17, 2017, 05:07:36 pm
i agree, we have to a have a hire date , if Gus keeps winning and needs to stay, it's time to move on and hire next .. I'm unsure Skip is the answer, but if they are waiting on Gus they better have a backup ready to go

Skip would win less than Bret here.

Gus needs to say yes or no by Next Sunday morning, win or lose.

If it is no, Norvell, Norvell, Norvell...

PRJ

PharmacistHog

Be pretty funny if we fired long and bielema and end up with gobn and skip holtz.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

B Ray

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 05:09:44 pm
People talk. Amongst themselves...have feelings. They say Gus has laughed at the possibility of coming here.

Now, sure he may not show his hand but it doesn't set right with me that we may be getting played here and a good coach goes somewhere else why we play tiddlywinks with Gus...

PRJ
i agree, like I've said have a deadline, if he loses to Alabama we will know sooner , but the Sunday after SECC , say 2 pm the next Sunday we are offering X coach if we don't have an answer ...

MC_Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 04:59:19 pm

Talked to that said person today. Said that Gus isn't coming here...in no certain terms.

PRJ

And that's why people don't like Gus.

B Ray

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 17, 2017, 05:12:18 pm
Be pretty funny if we fired long and bielema and end up with gobn and skip holtz.
i wouldn't be laughing ..

Kneph13

PRJ

Gus is doing it so that we won't get Norvell.  He's purposely doing it to say  Fec off to the Razorback powers that be
There is no Political Correctness in war

jnhogs

Quote from: goodguytex on November 17, 2017, 05:01:41 pm
Malzan has already proven himself to be a 2 faced punk in the past. We don't need that as our HC. Auburn can keep him.

Right, and other coaches like Petrino for example would never do that 😳

ur

Gus is doing it to cover his rear for the iron bowl and sec championship. win he stays there, lose he comes here. He wins either way.

NuttinItUp

Comes down to the Iron Bowl, most likely...

Danimal

If that happens the stadium just needs to be torn down.

PigInTheHole

Just got a text, Kristi Malzahn seen today at realtor office

reliable source
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ur on November 17, 2017, 05:19:16 pm
Gus is doing it to cover his rear for the iron bowl and sec championship. win he stays there, lose he comes here. He wins either way.

Could be....but if he wins next Saturday, we have to demand an answer by the next day. If not, we have to move on that minute.

Now, if his answer is no...and make no mistake about it, Gus and his people made the overture to us....he will never be able to move back here again.

PRJ

NuttinItUp

Quote from: PigInTheHole on November 17, 2017, 05:22:10 pm

reliable source

Which house?

Sed76

If he is just stringing Arkansas along hopefully that will be enough to end a lot of people's obsession with the guy.

B Ray

reliable source
in Arkansas ?

PigInTheHole

jgcat4

There's no time like the present to ask that question...
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

East TN HAWG

The source is the recruiting director.  Really, what does anyone expect him to say?  There is a chance Gus wins the Iron bowl and stays.  Auburn's recruiting dir can not afford to say anything other than what he said.   

Jackson_64

Like Gus' track record but this is setting up to be the classic ploy for a pay raise at AU for him.
Hope we don't put all our eggs in this basket.
Lane Kiffin.

And it is way closer to happening then you think.

Way closer.

PRJ

Danimal

Hugo Bezdek

Gus is a snake oil salesman, and even if he wasn't, his agent is. He has a well documented history of making promises he feels no obligation to keep, so no one should be shocked at anything he says to Arkansas or Auburn.

PigInTheHole

reliable source

never mind, reliable source was pulling my leg

anybody got any good Mike Leach rumors??

:)

BR

Would be a very sad day to be a Hog..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

NuttinItUp

Quote from: PigInTheHole on November 17, 2017, 05:33:52 pm
never mind, reliable source was pulling my leg

anybody got any good Mike Leach rumors??

:)

Oh Jesus. This is what makes us all crazy.

ur

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see that it will come down to the iron bowl to see if gus is coming. If he loses they want him gone. If he wins he has a clear shot to the nat title and he would be a fool to leave. So what if they fire him two years later. He has a title and money in the bank. Question is do we let Norvell go elsewhere while we dance with gus. Norvell will be telling his players he's leaving for ____ on Sunday dec. 3. Up to us to make that ark or not. 

davril98

I think it's going to be like the Bielema hire and be somebody no one is even talking about.

The Hawg Marshal

I have no idea what's going to happen, but Gus is not going to tell people he's leaving, not yet anyway.

Danimal

Quote from: ur on November 17, 2017, 05:42:24 pm
I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see that it will come down to the iron bowl to see if gus is coming. If he loses they want him gone. If he wins he has a clear shot to the nat title and he would be a fool to leave. So what if they fire him two years later. He has a title and money in the bank. Question is do we let Norvell go elsewhere while we dance with gus. Norvell will be telling his players he's leaving for ____ on Sunday dec. 3. Up to us to make that ark or not.
This. Not to mention the fact we'd be getting the better coach.

Danimal

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 17, 2017, 05:42:02 pm
Oh Jesus. This is what makes us all crazy.
Did anyone really think he was serious?

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: davril98 on November 17, 2017, 05:44:22 pm
I think it's going to be like the Bielema hire and be somebody no one is even talking about.

Nah...The GOBN is in charge now. They leak like a sieve. Lanny's going to have to upgrade his servers.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Leave this mess alone and move on now. Too much B'S dealing with him unless you know 100% that he's coming. Meaning papers signed.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

GoHogs1091

Malzahn is not the best option anyway.  For example,

Venables   5 National Championship games (6 NC games if the Southern Cal vacated game is still regarded as a NC game)

Malzahn   2 National Championship games

Venables   2 National Championship rings

Malzahn   1 National Championship ring

Venables is a better recruiter than Malzahn.

Venables is 3-0 against Malzahn when they have faced each other.

Venables   >   Malzahn

Hogindasticks

Venables may be our best option at this point.  It worked for Georgia....gotta be the same for Ark.

On December 6, 2016, Venables was named the winner of the 2016 Broyles Award for the nation's top assistant coach.[8]

duckman

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 17, 2017, 05:23:22 pm
Which house?

Probably the one on West Buckingham with the pool listed for 1.4 million, but that's that's just a guess....

hog of steele

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 04:59:19 pm

PRJ

This is normal for coaching time. I don't want Gus, but if we hire him, I am ok with it. Gus also clearly told the ASU people he wasn't leaving. This is par for the course.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: duckman on November 17, 2017, 06:32:40 pm
Probably the one on West Buckingham with the pool listed for 1.4 million, but that's that's just a guess....

The one Gruden and his wife already looked at? Is he still coming?
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

duckman

Quote from: Doyle Hograves on November 17, 2017, 06:42:57 pm
The one Gruden and his wife already looked at? Is he still coming?

This was a joke, it was a rumor flying around......

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

duckman

King Kong

PRJ

Why go for a Skip with a Kiffin out there?