Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any chance our current AD gets the job fulltime?

Started by mj4president, November 16, 2017, 06:16:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Certainly seemed well qualified. Why not?

Will she interview?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

texas tush hog

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

jvanhorn

Quote from: mj4president on November 16, 2017, 06:28:27 pm
Seems like high praise for her when announced.

Is this a serious question?  Look around where you live.  We don't be putting no woman in charge of anything really important.

cjack

No way. I think the powerless BOT is making changes all around. We tried the corporate CEO route and it failed, at least to the board.  Right or wrong, I believe the GOBN is coming back hard.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

I would say her chances depend on how close she appears to be to Jeff Long.  If her support is for Jeff Long and if she runs the business like Jeff did, She doesn't stand a chance.  But if she has her own identity, I would offer she has the inside position for the job.

moses_007

checkraiser88

Actually, Rick Schaeffer said today that if she were to make the Coaching hire than she would in fact get the job and to not sleep on her becoming the permanent AD..

harrisburghog

If they hire her and pass on someone like Kevin Scanlon we will be no better off than we were with Jeff Long.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: mj4president on November 16, 2017, 06:16:19 pm
Certainly seemed well qualified. Why not?

Will she interview?

what specifically makes you think she's qualified?

she's never been an AD.........check!

literally has no record of individual achievement at perennial underachiever Indiana university athletic department. i'm not sure you can even call IU a basketball school anymore........check!

oh wait! she's a woman...........check!.....check!.......check!

that makes her qualified to fix me a sammich, it doesn't qualify her to be athletic director.     

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 16, 2017, 06:46:43 pm
Is this a serious question?  Look around where you live.  We don't be putting no woman in charge of anything really important.

The last one we did wakes up every morning like this one...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hayduke

From that article, she seems pretty incredible. Compared to other candidates, I have no idea. That said, she at least deserves heavy consideration.

WilsonHog

Your thread title is misleading. Makes people click on it believing she has gotten the job, which she hasn't.

FutureMan

If she can hire a good football coach and the incumbent coaches like her, I say give her the job.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

depressed_fan

Uberanubis

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 17, 2017, 07:44:34 am
Your thread title is misleading. Makes people click on it believing she has gotten the job, which she hasn't.
\
welcome to the new age of writing, where very misleading titles are given,and then when you read the articles, half have nothing to do with what the title was about
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Hawgz4Life

Quote from: Uberanubis on November 17, 2017, 07:47:43 am
\
welcome to the new age of writing, where very misleading titles are given,and then when you read the articles, half have nothing to do with what the title was about
It's called "clickbait"...and it sucks.

Breems

Quote from: Hawgz4Life on November 17, 2017, 07:56:50 am
It's called "clickbait"...and it sucks.

LOCAL FAYETTEVILLE WOMAN DISCOVERS 1 WEIRD TRICK TO BECOME AD
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

King Kong

dfwalumdad

Quote from: FutureMan on November 17, 2017, 07:45:27 am
If she can hire a good football coach and the incumbent coaches like her, I say give her the job.

unless they make her permanent AD she won't be making that hire.

no good coach is going to take a job hired by an interim AD.

Drop the Mike

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Salted Pork

The responses here ... wow. Hope ya'll don't have daughters.

FutureMan

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 17, 2017, 08:04:48 am
unless they make her permanent AD she won't be making that hire.

no good coach is going to take a job hired by an interim AD.

For sure.  I was just speaking in hyperbole for effect; of course more goes into it than just that and they would never let an interim make that hire.  But mostly I was just trying to emphasize that one of the most important things to me is if she could hire a good football coach; everything else kind of leads from there.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Cotton

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 16, 2017, 06:46:43 pm
Wow

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 16, 2017, 07:26:41 pm
Well, she's a woman, so no.
Wow

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 17, 2017, 07:26:32 am

literally has no record of individual achievement at perennial underachiever Indiana university athletic department. i'm not sure you can even call IU a basketball school anymore........check!

that makes her qualified to fix me a sammich, it doesn't qualify her to be athletic director.     
WOW

Unreal the amount of sexism on here.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

TheGunther

Say what you will about her experience and achievements, but being a woman should have absolutely nothing to do with a decision to hire someone.
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

Scott7703

SPAL

How sad that this is the mindset of men.

J-Five

Quote from: Salted Pork on November 17, 2017, 08:54:57 am
The responses here ... wow. Hope ya'll don't have daughters.

My thoughts exactly...some terrible people in here, for real.
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

Hoggie17

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

SquidBilly

If she were going to get the job on a permanent basis then I think they would have just promoted her.  She's been there long enough for them to know if she would be a good fit.  I think when they fired Long that they knew who they wanted already so she's guiding the ship until that is put in place.  Good thing for her is she should be able to use this to springboard into an AD job somewhere else. 

Mr Jade

At the end of the day, I've met Mrs. Peoples and worked with her husband, Will, I don't think she'll get the job solely on her lack of AD experience.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

Rayzback

Quote from: Mr Jade on November 17, 2017, 09:25:22 am
At the end of the day, I've met Mrs. Peoples and worked with her husband, Will, I don't think she'll get the job solely on her lack of AD experience.

Talk about being thrown into the fire. I can't imagine her wanting it. I do agree that this helps her resume.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Breems on November 17, 2017, 08:00:12 am
LOCAL FAYETTEVILLE WOMAN DISCOVERS 1 WEIRD TRICK TO BECOME AD
This one made me LOL.

razorcash2

Bottom line...She's not qualified.

Has nothing to do with gender.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: razorcash2 on November 17, 2017, 09:42:32 am
Bottom line...She's not qualified.

Has nothing to do with gender.
yes she is, Jesus, dude. she has 20 years in...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

dfwalumdad

November 17, 2017, 10:18:03 am #46 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:38:29 am by dfwalumdad
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 17, 2017, 09:15:02 am
How sad that this is the mindset of men.

let me ask you another way, i listed her achievements.

let's go over this one more time.

she was in compliance at the ncaa for 10 years, she makes the jump to an athletic department at IU where for four years she was director of academic and membership affairs.

she came to work for us replacing bev lewis when we eliminated the role of ladies AD.

she's never even sniffed a program like ours where football is a 100 million dollar a year business where you've just shelled out 160 million for facilities upgrades.

she's doesn't have a financial back ground.

if she where a man would you want her to have the job?

sexism is a two way street because and i know this will come as a shock to you snowflake, there are two sexes.

the only reason she would get this job is because she's a woman and people like you would say "see arkansas has a female AD......how wonderful!" as if that means anything.

if she's so great let her go be IU's AD see what she can do and we'll hire her away from them.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 17, 2017, 10:04:02 am
yes she is, Jesus, dude. she has 20 years in...

i've got a friend who spent twenty years as a flight attendant for delta. so she had twenty years of airline industry experience, but she never got offered a job as a pilot.

"isn't that wonderful! what times we live in! they made a stewardess a pilot!"

"can she fly?"

"we don't know, i guess we'll find out!"

that's the analogy here. if she want's to be an AD let her go to a smaller program and cut her teeth. if she does well great, then she can move to a bigger program like ours.

in her career she's never hired or fired anybody let alone a coach.

SPAL

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 17, 2017, 10:18:03 am
let me ask you another way, i listed her achievements.

let's go over this one more time.

she was in compliance at the ncaa for 10 years, she makes the jump to an athletic department at IU where for four years she as director of academic and membership affairs.

she came to work for us replacing bev lewis when we eliminated the role of ladies AD.

she's never even sniffed a program like ours where football is a 100 million dollar a year business where you've just shelled out 160 million for facilities upgrades.

she's doesn't have a financial back ground.

if she where a man would you want her to have the job?

sexism is a two way street because and i know this will come as a shock to you snowflake, there are two sexes.

the only reason she would get this job is because she's a woman and people like you would say "see arkansas has a female AD......how wonderful!" as if that means anything.

if she's so great let her go be IU's AD see what she can do and we'll hire her away from them.

Funny. You don't know me from Adam. You don't know my affilitions, my political stances, my religious background, my faith, or anything else about next...other than I post on hogville.net under the name sir-pigs-a-lot, but somehow....because I think it's trashy, low class, chauvinistic, sexist,  and downright ignorabt to say..."she is a woman so that qualifies her to fix me a sammich," that makes me a snowflake. You're so far from reality. But I'm not surprised based on the thought the females are only good for making sandwiches. You're just ignorant.

It's boloney homey.

Wildhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 17, 2017, 10:35:48 am
Funny. You don't know me from Adam. You don't know my affilitions, my political stances, my religious background, my faith, or anything else about next...other than I post on hogville.net under the name sir-pigs-a-lot, but somehow....because I think it's trashy, low class, chauvinistic, sexist,  and downright ignorabt to say..."she is a woman so that qualifies her to fix me a sammich," that makes me a snowflake. You're so far from reality. But I'm not surprised based on the thought the females are only good for making sandwiches. You're just ignorant.

It's boloney homey.

It seems we rarely agree, but on this, we are in lock-step. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977