Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Financial Details Released Regarding Jeff Long

Started by gdumont, November 15, 2017, 08:48:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gdumont

While no public funds will be used, former Arkansas AD Jeff Long will be paid $83,333.33 a month until June 30, 2022, but could go down if he gets another job

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/financial-details-released-regarding-jeff-long/858262466

baitshop

If I were Jeff Long, I would only ask the next employer to pay me $1 a year....
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

theFlyingHog

$83k a month. A month! That's a pretty good year for me(single and no kids rocks(double bird to you, golf2day))

Cassperr

Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Life would be so nice if I could get paid this for a couple years

Hogindasticks

And there are players on the field that aren't on scholarship?    SMH!

moses_007

Oh he won't just retire and do nothing.  Jeff will get another AD job somewhere, and soon.  He is a highly respected athletic director.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Wow. 1 mil a year for doing nothing. I used to think Jeff deserved firing for the huge buyout he gave coach b, now I think the chancellor needs fired for giving that kind of buyout to Jeff if it was done after coach B's was already known. They were both in positions that were way to secure.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Cassperr on November 15, 2017, 10:05:52 pm
and I would not work a day till 2023

That may break the contract - he must be actively seeking new employment.

Sivad

Quote from: moses_007 on November 15, 2017, 10:31:59 pm
He is a highly respected athletic director.
All based on the dumbest move I've ever seen an AD make - firing Bobby Petrino.

Tortfeasor

Paying JL $1M a year for now and will have to kick in to pay CBB and assistants once he is fired. We're looking at paying around $3m a year for several years. Will we have enough to pay a new coach? (some sarcasm)

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

kodiakisland

I suppose he'll be OK, but 83K/month doesn't go as far as it used to...
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Pigdiana Jones

Quote from: Sivad on November 16, 2017, 01:14:57 am
All based on the dumbest move I've ever seen an AD make - firing Bobby Petrino.

Well said.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

budcampbellfan

Sounds like Long wrote his own contract without oversight or accountability.  Like he did Bielema's.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

cosmodrum

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 15, 2017, 11:50:58 pm
That may break the contract - he must be actively seeking new employment.

I would tank every interview.
Go away, batin'

Hogwarrior

Quote from: budcampbellfan on November 16, 2017, 12:02:56 pm
Sounds like Long wrote his own contract without oversight or accountability.  Like he did Bielema's.

I don't know why everyone is so shocked by this.  His and BB's buyouts/payouts/contracts fall within the market value of top tier P5 schools.  Not attempting to call someone else's money nothing but this is nothing to a P5 school.  It's just the cost of doing business, of which, college football is today.