Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have a strong feeling about Petrino

Started by checkraiser88, November 15, 2017, 06:47:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Maybe we have an AD lined up that would take a chance on BP and get him back where he belongs?

DemiHOG

No to Petrino! My gosh. Don't need him here,

NuttinItUp

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

jcbville

Haha.

His time has passed at Arkansas. His time has passed to be a great coach.

Hawg Life

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 15, 2017, 06:47:28 pm
Maybe we have an AD lined up that would take a chance on BP and get him back where he belongs?

If the world were coming to an end I'd want to be where you live because you're 5 years behind the rest of the world.

ipigsooie

Jessica Dorrell had a strong feeling about Bobby as well and look what it got her.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

jjfmetal11

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 15, 2017, 06:51:47 pm
Jessica Dorrell had a strong feeling about Bobby as well and look what it got her.
Lmao!

WilsonHog

That's gas, brother. Get thee to a bathroom.

checkraiser88

Everybody acts like Petrino isn't a possibility when the fact is the man who fired him is GONE and BP is having a so so season at Louisville and this would be the year to pick him up! It would be a steal!

WAHog

Louisville to Arkansas to Louisville to Arkansas?  If it didn't work out, Louisville would take him back.

jcul28

Athog

That feeling is running down your leg! That would not be allowed to happen!
Louisville might want it to happen!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

grayhawg

That feeling is probably gas, or at least the has same effect.

UA1985

He is not interested in recruiting. He's also not exactly tearing it up at UL, even with a great QB.

jcbville

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 15, 2017, 06:56:00 pm
Everybody acts like Petrino isn't a possibility when the fact is the man who fired him is GONE and BP is having a so so season at Louisville and this would be the year to pick him up! It would be a steal!

Sweet Bobby jesus aint coming back to Arkansas. He aint going to get better at coaching either. His sun has set.

HoggyCat

Good lord. I feel as strongly as anyone that he shouldn't have been fired, but really???
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

swineology

Bring back a retread Pos that can't win with a Heisman QB

Put down the pipe and let it go.

HogPharmer

Quote from: swineology on November 15, 2017, 07:04:00 pm
Bring back a retread Pos that can't win with a Heisman QB finalist

Plenty of people been begging to bring Hootie back too
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

RME

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 15, 2017, 07:05:22 pm
Plenty of people been begging to bring Hootie back too

Personally, I'd love to bring Hootie back.

Cracked Rear View was a great album.

HogPharmer

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 15, 2017, 07:06:32 pm

Time.... will tell

logic

That would be the smartest thing the new AD could do.  Hiring BP would mean we have winner for a coach rather than taking a chance on someone that, more likely than not, would not be a winner.

longtimeHogfan

Is it kinda' a warm, tingling feeling?  That's common sense leaving your body.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 15, 2017, 07:06:32 pm

I think Hootie went on to country music, no?

Troll-ingmotor

I would guess that strong feeling you have started around middle school, and you've hidden secretly for the last 40 years.

Come on out bro.

jbigs77

Dumb post. Don't want the sos back

RME

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 15, 2017, 07:12:53 pm
I think Hootie went on to country music, no?

Yes; Darius Rucker is a pretty very country artist, has been for awhile now actually.

He's still got some good stuff, but I liked Hootie much better.

Albert Einswine

A car, $20,000, and a new life in a new state married to the guy she was engaged to. Seems like it worked out alright for her in the end.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hawg Life

I wish I could go back in time we would've won State.
Uncle Rico

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: swineology on November 15, 2017, 07:04:00 pm
Bring back a retread Pos that can't win with a Heisman QB

We get it you don't like him personally.
Get over it snowflake it's not all about who you like personally.

As for the so called Heisman QB I can guarantee you he would not be a Heisman QB at all if he were at any other school.
Petrino has always had great QB's because Petrino develops his QB's into some of the best.
Lamar was a 3 star recruit who won the Heisman because of Petrino's coaching.
Petrino is excellent at developing players he is an offensive mastermind and a great coach.
Deny it all you want but his winning percentage shows it.
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

Libertarian Hog

Bobby Petrino is certainly a great football coach.  He is also a great man with high moral standards.  It would sure be wonderful if we could get him back.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God, for if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jeffersxon

Hogindasticks

Him or his brother as the OC would be awesome.....

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Libertarian Hog on November 15, 2017, 07:25:51 pm
Bobby Petrino is certainly a great football coach.  He is also a disingenuous drifter. It would sure be wonderful if we could get him back for a few years until he bolted or ended up in another roadside ditch.

Fixt
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

East Clintwood

No to BP. Gus, or Hootie.

Enough with the retreads.

And that includes other peoples retreads, Tubervile, Les. Tressel, etc.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hawg1221

I love it that on one hand there's threads where people are about to kill each other and on another people can't help but laugh at each other. Petrino coming back is a good one.

HogPharmer

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 15, 2017, 08:25:19 pm
I love it that on one hand there's threads where people are about to kill each other and on another people can't help but laugh at each other. Petrino coming back is a good one.

I'd say BP coming back is more realistic than HDN... How many of those threads have we seen the last 2 weeks

PigInTheHole

Bobby makes it back to the SEC but not Arkansas

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

onebadrubi

Only if he brings back Fire Willy!  I mean who the heck names their kid Fire when their last name is Willy?  If the man had a proper first and last name I apologize, it seems all I ever remember reading was Fire Willy...

ZERO

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 15, 2017, 07:14:40 pm

A car, $20,000, and a new life in a new state married to the guy she was engaged to. Seems like it worked out alright for her in the end.

Did that guy seriously freakin' marry her??
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

HogPharmer

Three and Snout

Regardless of the AD, Bobby isn't eligible for rehire at the U of A.  YOU CAN'T HIRE YOUR MISTRESS!!!  It's not that complicated.

PigInTheHole

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 15, 2017, 08:32:41 pm
Auburn when we get Gus?

that thought also occurred to me, I'm not excited about either of those possibilities.
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

woodhog14

LOL!!!!

bob slydell

If I got canned, I wouldn't even take the phone call from the organization that wanted to hire me back.  What is the likelihood that Petrino would even want to come back?  I'd peg it at about ZERO.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

DeltaBoy

Brother that just indigestion!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.