Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great night for hoops junkies

Started by ShadowHawg, November 14, 2017, 04:30:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

We have Duke/Michigan St and Kansa/Kentucky on ESPN.

You can also check out conference for Bama against Lipscomb on the SEC channel.

Atlhogfan1

Lets go Duke!

Bama's PG's premiere. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Paul

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 14, 2017, 04:30:55 pm
We have Duke/Michigan St and Kansa/Kentucky on ESPN.

You can also check out conference for Bama against Lipscomb on the SEC channel.
which game doesn't fit?  hmmmm;  jk   I haven't looked forward to bb as much in many years

Porky McGee

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 14, 2017, 04:34:38 pm
Lets go Duke!

Bama's PG's premiere.
Sexton is the best freshman in the conference that doesn't play for Missouri. Also, hope Kansas beats UK by 30.

The_Bionic_Pig

I'm watching just to see the FRESHMEN hype!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Porky McGee on November 14, 2017, 05:29:53 pm
Sexton is the best freshman in the conference that doesn't play for Missouri. Also, hope Kansas beats UK by 30.

I'm hoping so too! The way UK has played recently leads me to believe that's its a definite possibility too! It's tough for me to say but...

Go JayHawks!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Biggus Piggus

In an eating contest, it is clear that Michigan State would eat Duke.
[CENSORED]!

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: Porky McGee on November 14, 2017, 05:29:53 pm
Don't worry, Kansas will win. Have you seen Kentucky play this year?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Porky McGee

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on November 14, 2017, 06:32:44 pm
Don't worry, Kansas will win. Have you seen Kentucky play this year?
Watched them play Vermont on Sunday. I've said all off season that this will not be one of the better Kentucky teams.

Pumbaa

Great game with Duke and MSU battling it out. Bama struggling to put Lipscomb away.

I think Kansas will put it to Kentucky tonight if Kentucky plays like they have the first two games of the year.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Pumbaa on November 14, 2017, 08:13:35 pm
Great game with Duke and MSU battling it out. Bama struggling to put Lipscomb away.

I think Kansas will put it to Kentucky tonight if Kentucky plays like they have the first two games of the year.
Agree with the Kansas victory, but Kentucky will not be easy this year. As always, Cal's guys will take a bit to mesh with so many new faces.

Pumbaa

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 14, 2017, 08:53:59 pm
Agree with the Kansas victory, but Kentucky will not be easy this year. As always, Cal's guys will take a bit to mesh with so many new faces.

I wouldn't say always. They didn't spend much time ranked with Archie Goodwin. And it took till tourney time to get it rolling with Randle and company (given they were National runner-up as an 8 or 9 seed I believe).

Pumbaa

Always have the potential to start clicking though, I will agree with that. Here's to hoping they never do this year!

maxhog5

So far looks like the Kentucky freshmen are having trouble with the speed of the game.  Slow to transition to defense and Kansas coming up with every loose ball.

ShadowHawg

Kentucky getting very few loose balls.

hawgball40

Atlhogfan1

KU outrebounding UK 13-6. 6 Off Rebs. 

UK only 1 3pt attempt. 

maxhog5

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 14, 2017, 09:23:14 pm
KU outrebounding UK 13-6. 6 Off Rebs. 

UK only 1 3pt attempt.

Rebounding I think is part of the speed of the game thing.  Getting beat to the spot.  May also have something to do with freshmen getting out muscled by men.

ShadowHawg

hawgball40

Announcers mention strength of SEC this year. Talk about FLorida, Missouri, and Alabama but not a word about Arkansas. Dickie v is a little prick.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 14, 2017, 09:36:34 pm
Announcers mention strength of SEC this year. Talk about FLorida, Missouri, and Alabama but not a word about Arkansas. Dickie v is a little prick.

Frontrunner

BannerMountainMan

Dickie V is there for the publicity..says the same things over and over.."this kid was huge scorer in high school", well freaking duh idiot he plays for Kentucky
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

maxhog5

Neither Kentucky or Kansas has impressed me other than the fact Knox can flat out score.

Atlhogfan1

KU sloppy with turnovers and shot selection.  Not getting to the line much either. They are killing UK still on the boards. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: maxhog5 on November 14, 2017, 09:48:12 pm
Neither Kentucky or Kansas has impressed me other than the fact Knox can flat out score.

Wasn't well played half.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 14, 2017, 09:39:26 pm
i don't follow

Frontrunner is someone who is a huge fan of whoever is winning now.

A frontrunner would be a fan of the Patriots, Astros, and the Warriors right now.

ShadowHawg

Kansas has been able to penetrate at will. They don't have finishers or they would be killing Kentucky.

Kansas is 8-23 in the paint. Kentucky has taken 25 shots total.

old_school_hawg

So far, I ain't skeered of Kentucky....OR Kansas. I truly feel confident for the first time in years that we can beat anyone... Not just on any given damn day, either. WPS!!! So excited for this season! Hope this season marks our return to true prominence.
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

rzrbackramsfan

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

ShadowHawg

Kansas wins. They only had 7 scholarship players available tonight. Their best inside guy was held out of the game.

Kentucky has yet to sustain good effort for even a full half yet in the 3 games I have watched. Not an easy fix after a season is under way.

old_school_hawg

So far, I ain't skeered of Kentucky....OR Kansas. I truly feel confident for the first time in years that we can beat anyone... Not just on any given damn day, either. WPS!!! So excited for this season!
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

HogFoo

Mich st. Has a lot of big uglies.  UK to me just isn't real good yet.  If they had a great coach to go with great recruiter, UK would be best ever. But cal is not ever go in to be confused with being a great coach. 

Of the 4 teams I saw tonight, I think we could beat UK, KU  rather easily.  Mich st would give us trouble inside right now with all the beef they have.  I think we'd match up well with duke and it'd be a gimme, whoever had the ball at the end.  But, good news is, I haven't felt like we could compete with anyone in the nation like this in a long time.  Goodtimes are coming!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

returntoglory

UK is LONG. That scares me. But they are fairly undisciplined, but that Knox kid can flat out play. KU made stupid turnovers all game. They looked lazy with their passes, which surprised me from a Bill Self team. I don't think we saw KU's best effort last night, and we probably saw UK play the best full game of the "young" season.

I think the hogs have come a long way since last year, but I am still going to reserve judgment on being able to roll over UK. They have athletes and will have time to gel by the time they face us.

hawgball40

wenyen gabriel looked like KD on that one long 3 he made, and then dissappeared offensively. Kentucky seemed to be really selfish with the ball.

Now Duke on the other hand, they are really good. Those freshman look legit, especially duvall and gary trent junior. bagley is impressive minus on the block, he was getting pushed around prior to his injury, not only in last nights game but in their season opener as well.