Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would we beat Arkansas State this year?

Started by Sweet Feet, November 06, 2017, 12:33:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

As bad as we are now, would we still beat Arkansas St in your opinion?

Does a Bear S##t in the woods? Yes!
Lol no. Not even confident vs UCA

Sweet Feet

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

PygmalionEffect2

How did we do against common opponents?

I picked #2 but I'm pretty sure we could beat UCA.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Razorbackers

hogsolutely

I am an Razorback all the way! But, ASU would white wash us this year!  No doubt in my Mind!!

jusgtohogs

phadedhawg

I always wanted to see this matchup but now I'm starting to understand the wisdom of the "never play ASU crowd".  ASU would manhandle us for 4 quarters and we'd never hear the end of it. 

So I guess I'm starting to come around on the ASU question. 

Dropkick

Yes we would beat them but they would almost win. That is what they often do against bad P5s.

ipigsooie

Sweet Feet

HogCzar1

You going to follow the Red Wolves to Mobile this weekend?
If not, why not?

Hoggish1

Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 06, 2017, 12:33:40 pm
Your opinion?

Would Arky State Beat Ole Myth?  Better yet, would Arky State beat KY? LMAO

NaturalStateReb

No.  Blow out win by ASU if the two teams met right now.  Comparable players, better coaching, greater desire to win the game.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 06, 2017, 01:32:04 pm
Would Arky State Beat Ole Myth?  Better yet, would Arky State beat KY? LMAO

Quite possibly.  I don't think either Ole Miss or Kentucky would like to find out.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

RME

We beat NM State by 18.
We beat Coastal by 1.
19 points.

They beat NM State by 16.
They beat Coastal by 34.
50 points.

50-19=31.

Or, we get +2 for NM State, they get -33 for Coastal = 31.

Ergo, Arkansas State beats us by 31. Isn't that how it works?

Or is that just how it works on Hogville via some weird transitive property type thing?

The Hawg Marshal

They might beat us this year because we are really bad, but they haven't beaten a good team yet . They are just fortunate that they play in one of if not the weakest conferences in the country. Look at who they've beaten, not really impressive.

tbhogfan

If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing Arkansas State play this year, you should.  They clearly don't have the talent that the Hogs do, but they are VERY well coached. 

If the Hogs were as well coached as ASU, we'd be debating about which bowl we're going to, not who our next coach is going to be. 

BTW, we could do a LOT worse than Blake Anderson, IMHO.
Go Hogs!

widespreadsooie

Wouldn't feel confident calling it either way. It would be decided in the fourth I think.

Hoggish1

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 06, 2017, 03:41:30 pm
Quite possibly.  I don't think either Ole Miss or Kentucky would like to find out.

Wishful thinking, Razorback fan.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 06, 2017, 04:00:00 pm
Wishful thinking, Razorback fan.

I guess I'm a little confused here.  Is it your position that Arkansas State wouldn't beat Arkansas, Ole Miss, or Kentucky?

jgphillips3

The Hawg Marshal

Ben

ASU was up 34-7 going into the 4th, playing 2nd and 3rd string players...Arkansas was down 31-25 going into the 4th, needing a late game TD to win by 1....

Pretty obvious who would win. Western Illinois beat CCU 52-10 at CCU...
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Ben

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Seminole Indian

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Roy Bacon

Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

jkstock04

There was a thread started a week or so back about what the spread for this game would be this year.

I said -3.5 Hogs. Homers of course said it would be at least -7 Arkansas but more likely -10 or more. I wonder if they still feel as strongly? I don't see any way this team could keep pace with Arkansas State this season.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

bythelake

Sweetfeet, please don't use phrase "we" in reference to being a razorback fan.  We know you are an astate fan.

I doubt we could out prepare or out coach them, but i wouldn't bet against our players swelling up and winning one for their own pride.

HogCzar1

Quote from: bythelake on November 06, 2017, 05:16:29 pm
Sweetfeet, please don't use phrase "we" in reference to being a razorback fan.  We know you are an astate fan.

And a diehard at that.

Tejano Jawg

In case nobody's noticed, we are really down this year. It's a good time to NOT be playing someone like Arkansas State.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HoggyCat

Hard to say. You can't go off the CCU game because Bert is DMW in that game. If you want to "scoreboard compare", we did beat NMSU worse than they did. Early in the season, we'd win. Now, who knows.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Ben on November 06, 2017, 04:29:39 pm
ASU was up 34-7 going into the 4th, playing 2nd and 3rd string players...Arkansas was down 31-25 going into the 4th, needing a late game TD to win by 1....

Pretty obvious who would win. Western Illinois beat CCU 52-10 at CCU...

And Arkansas beat NMSU worse than ASUj did, and had a conservative 4th Qtr.

Uberanubis

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

zuko

I don't know, but I often wondered why instead of paying some out of state cupcakes, why not put AS  on the schedule. At least the million we pay them will stay in the state.

HardCore

Comparing common opponents.......probably not
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: zuko on November 06, 2017, 09:39:24 pm
I don't know, but I often wondered why instead of paying some out of state cupcakes, why not put AS  on the schedule. At least the million we pay them will stay in the state.
They get a million for playing Nebraska so it evens out.

Dropkick

Quote from: zuko on November 06, 2017, 09:39:24 pm
Never have understood this argument. Is a million from UA somehow worth more than a million from Nebraska, Auburn, Alabama, etc.

moses_007

No.  We barely beat the worst Sunbelt team last week.  Both Arkansas State and Troy would destroy this Razorback team.

doc53

I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

razorbackchamps94

hotdog hog

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 06, 2017, 10:01:02 pm
No AST would skull bang us
I actually went to a website tonight and keyed in both teams and AState would be a 7.5pt favorite on a neutral field.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:33:07 pm
Had A-State not had over a 100 yds in penalties in the first half they would have put the game away early, and when the penalties stopped it was game over. They shut their offense down all night. Gave them a short field after a fumble, and a A-State db simply missed on a easy interception that resulted in a long TD.

Plus their game was at NMSU, not a home game and that is a big difference, especially for teams that are use to playing at close to sea level.

Here or the game stats for both games.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf9/5460605.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=7200&_ga=2.210989904.411116785.1510027307-459588903.1510027307

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/football/2017/04.pdf
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

HoggyCat

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 06, 2017, 10:10:32 pm
Had A-State not had over a 100 yds in penalties in the first half they would have put the game away early, and when the penalties stopped it was game over.

Plus their game was at NMSU, not a home game and that is a big difference, especially for teams that are use to playing at close to sea level.

Here or the game stats for both games.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf9/5460605.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=7200&_ga=2.210989904.411116785.1510027307-459588903.1510027307

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/football/2017/04.pdf

Penalties are part of it. THEY committed THEIR penalties.

IF.

If Bert didn't know he wasn't coming back, we would've kicked CCU's teeth in.

If Agim doesn't get tossed, we kick their teeth in.

If the pass at halftime was 6' further, we kick their teeth in.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 10:15:25 pm
Penalties are part of it. THEY committed THEIR penalties.

IF.

If Bert didn't know he wasn't coming back, we would've kicked CCU's teeth in.

If Agim doesn't get tossed, we kick their teeth in.

If the pass at halftime was 6' further, we kick their teeth in.
I'm not making excuses for them, they totally dominated NMSU, at NMSU. NMSU rushed for 35 yrds all night, and the only thing that kept that game close were the penalties.

They can play bad and beat most SBC teams.

willie b

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 06, 2017, 03:50:42 pm
They might beat us this year because we are really bad, but they haven't beaten a good team yet . They are just fortunate that they play in one of if not the weakest conferences in the country. Look at who they've beaten, not really impressive.
Who has the Hogs beat? Red Wolves beat 2 of the 4 teams Hogs have beat.

East Clintwood

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:33:07 pm

That was then.  This is now.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

roothawg