Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fastest sprinter you ever saw

Started by husker71, November 01, 2017, 07:22:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

I am looking at the Breeders cup Sprint races (thank you King for getting them to me)  and was thinking of the fastest sprinter visually that I had seen.  Maybe not the fastest time at the end but the one that I watched and said (crap that horse is fast)   My 1st one is when I saw Hilco Scamper as a 2 or 3 year old at Santa Anita and the 2nd was Lost in the Fog.  Oh I almost forgot Groovy who I saw at Santa Anita.  Years ago there was a Arkansas bred who always got a big lead and then collapsed in the end but I cant remember the name.  They tried a couple of different jocks and even tried coming off the pace once but I never saw the horse or mare win only it always led by several lengths after 3 furlongs.  How about you guys??

HogFanInBryant

Lost In The Fog, was watching live when he went 1:07.1 at Golden Gate.  I literally couldn't believe my eyes at how easy he did it.  I think it was in 2005?

HogFanInBryant

This is a great tribute clip, he was a monster even though he flopped in the BC Sprint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSaK1U85jSk

porkinsons disease

Not the greatest, but the best I saw in person. Karen's Tom 1:07.8 at Oaklawn in 1990 was damn impressive
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

ghostzapper

At Oaklawn, it was Silver Ghost.  Elsewhere, Groovy was the fastest I saw.   

ghostzapper

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on November 01, 2017, 09:37:00 pm
Lost In The Fog, was watching live when he went 1:07.1 at Golden Gate.  I literally couldn't believe my eyes at how easy he did it.  I think it was in 2005?

Excellent horse.

HogFanInBryant

ghostzapper

I don't know.  It wasn't track surface.  The race has history of storied horses losing. 

kingoftherapids