Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 01:38:31 pm

FWIW

Started by Richard Davenport, November 01, 2017, 01:30:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

I know some think Bielema doesn't recruit dual-threat QBs, but they did try and recruit Jalen Hurts. Bama came into the pic and that was that.

They have offered 2020 QB TJ Finley, who I wrote about on Sunday.

Of course, Gerry Bohanon is coming in this weekend for a visit.

onebadrubi

Didn't Chaney and Hurts have a pretty good relationship while he was being recruited to Arkansas?

Richard Davenport

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 01, 2017, 01:51:27 pm
Didn't Chaney and Hurts have a pretty good relationship while he was being recruited to Arkansas?

And Clay Jennings. Jalen took in one of Arkansas' Texas Bowl practices and I caught up with him after practice.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jan/06/hurt-helps-himself-outstanding-junior-season/

ChicoHog

Jalen Hurts is a game changer.  Would love to have a guy like him. 

jgphillips3

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 01, 2017, 10:01:23 pm
Jalen Hurts is a game changer.  Would love to have a guy like him. 

He wouldn't be here.  Not with this offensive line.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 05, 2017, 08:56:26 am
He wouldn't be here.  Not with this offensive line.

Unless he could look into the future, he and everyone else didn't know what the line would be like in 2017.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 07, 2017, 02:43:18 pm
Unless he could look into the future, he and everyone else didn't know what the line would be like in 2017.

No...I meant it as "he wouldn't be a game changer here" because the line wouldn't allow him to do what Bama's Line does and his passing is a bit suspect anyway.

ChicoHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 10, 2017, 05:12:46 pm
No...I meant it as "he wouldn't be a game changer here" because the line wouldn't allow him to do what Bama's Line does and his passing is a bit suspect anyway.
Maybe, but his athleticism would allow him to escape and the defense would always have to be aware of him running.