Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bristol

Started by Racinray, April 22, 2017, 12:49:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Racinray

What happened to this place, wasn't that long ago you couldn't get a ticket and now it's almost empty.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on April 22, 2017, 12:49:35 pm
What happened to this place, wasn't that long ago you couldn't get a ticket and now it's almost empty.

You would think a rich man like Bruton Smith would be able to figure out he needs to put the track back to the way it was before 2007 repave. Kind of like Texas. The new Texas repave has done nothing to make it more exciting. They should have made the turns all 30 degree and make it a plate race. Only way to keep the cars from getting so spread out at that place.

Racinray

On to Monday we go.

ImHogginIt

Glad I work Tues, Wed, Thu every week  :D

riccoar

Wish it would unlock drivers to swap until tomorrow then

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on April 23, 2017, 06:59:37 pm
Wish it would unlock drivers to swap until tomorrow then

Yeah. I keep wanting to swap Kurt B and Stenhouse.

ImHogginIt

Should have kept Stenhouse but switched to Blaney this am who promptly had power steering issues  :(

str8volfan

always go with your first instinct. Every time I change one, it bites me in the buttocks.

riccoar

Yep, I dropped Chase for Kurt Busch.

str8volfan

Quote from: riccoar on April 25, 2017, 07:44:19 am
Yep, I dropped Chase for Kurt Busch.
I dropped Bowyer for Busch. I knew better.

East TN HAWG

I think that Nascar has priced themselves out of their core market.  Their market was blue collar America, which cannot afford to pay 100 bucks per ticket, plus beer, plus camping etc.  Television is much cheaper. 

NASCAR is a dying sport.  They need to drop prices, fill the stands and bring back the popularity.  Sooner or later the sponsorship money will begin to dry up as well. 

Bristol was a ghost town this spring race.  It was the fewest campers that I have ever seen here in the last 20 years.   Last fall was bad as well.   I think everyone left when it rained.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: East TN HAWG on April 25, 2017, 07:10:47 pm
I think that Nascar has priced themselves out of their core market.  Their market was blue collar America, which cannot afford to pay 100 bucks per ticket, plus beer, plus camping etc.  Television is much cheaper. 

NASCAR is a dying sport.  They need to drop prices, fill the stands and bring back the popularity.  Sooner or later the sponsorship money will begin to dry up as well. 

Bristol was a ghost town this spring race.  It was the fewest campers that I have ever seen here in the last 20 years.   Last fall was bad as well.   I think everyone left when it rained.

Most tracks have dropped prices. Texas sure has and they were still less than half full a few weeks ago. The problem is the sport was more of a fad to middle class folks in the mid to late 90's through the late 2000's. It wore off and they are left with the same core fans as before. Unfortunately they built a crap load of boring mile and a half tracks around the country.

The sport is boring to watch most races even for most of us in this forum. They all need to be short tracks or plate tracks. Places where a lot of paint gets traded throughout the race or where there is a chance for spectacular " big wrecks" to keep casual fans excited enough to attend. Hell I'm always bored as sin at our Texas races yet drivers after each race ramble on about how awesome it is inside the car going so fast at Texas. Who cares drivers ? Not me. I'm bored in the stands and wonder each race why I shell out $$$ to come watch. Each race I say I won't be back but I'm hard core and always do yet we always leave with 100 laps or so left.

Bristol needs to stay as a Saturday race because most fans are very blue collar there and can't stay til Monday so they need Sat and Sunday available to get races in due to weather.

TheRazorback500

Ho hum, Johnson again. Good run for Bowyer.
Do you wanna get Rocked?