Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atlanta

Started by ImHogginIt, March 05, 2017, 01:51:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

Lap 1 and McMurray almost took out the 22.

Buff

Freaky Fast!  I think gaining Ford's support is going to pay off bigly for SHR this season.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Buff on March 05, 2017, 02:35:48 pm
Freaky Fast!  I think gaining Ford's support is going to pay off bigly for SHR this season.

I agree.... Hendrick was done giving lots of support to SHR... and GM was not going to help SHR directly.... Ford was an obvious choice.....
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

berryhog

The amount of commercials in these races are a big part of the viewership problem, IMO. 

Racinray

Quote from: Buff on March 05, 2017, 02:35:48 pm
Freaky Fast speeding on pit road cost me some money. >:(

Racinray

Quote from: berryhog on March 05, 2017, 05:08:19 pm
The amount of commercials in these races are a big part of the viewership problem, IMO. 
Agree somewhat, but they got to pay the bills.

berryhog

Quote from: Racinray on March 05, 2017, 05:28:47 pm
Freaky Fast speeding on pit road cost me some money. >:(

My sponsorship has paid off again.   ;D

berryhog

Quote from: Racinray on March 05, 2017, 05:29:42 pm
Agree somewhat, but they got to pay the bills.

Absolutely.  But that is the even bigger problem...It's a fad sport that outgrew it's core fanbase and became a "star event" that has overpaid for everything (drivers included) in the process.  Now the "cool" is wearing off and they are left with tons of empty seats at every venue and decreased viewers.

Warbirdhog

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on March 05, 2017, 03:56:05 pm
I agree.... Hendrick was done giving lots of support to SHR... and GM was not going to help SHR directly.... Ford was an obvious choice.....

Hendrick will always get the lions share of support from GM and that is huge. The rest of the Chevy teams pretty much got the crumbs divided up amongst them. Furniture Row realized this early once they got some hard won success with Kurt & Truexjr behind the wheel. They realized they could compete but to grow and succeed they saw a manufacture jump was going to have to be made.  SHR finally saw through the smoke (no pun intended) that if they were going to continue to get better and stabilize as a top tier team they would have to do the same. No doubt with Roush in a downward spiral Ford was more than happy to oblige SHR into their fold.

holeinthewall

QuoteNo doubt with Roush in a downward spiral Ford was more than happy to oblige SHR into their fold.

Both the Roush cars had good weekends.   Ran much better than last year. 

Warbirdhog

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 07, 2017, 05:58:40 am

That they did.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 07, 2017, 05:58:40 am
Concentrating resources to just 2 teams seem to be paying dividends.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

holeinthewall

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on March 07, 2017, 07:35:39 pm
Concentrating resources to just 2 teams seem to be paying dividends.

It is early but if they can do it again this week at Vegas it will show they are legit contenders for the chase.  Of course this stage bonus point scenario is going to make for huge point swings.

I still think it is total BS to count caution laps between the stages though.

riccoar

I think at the end of the 2nd stage, you bring all cars down to the pits and give them 5-10 minutes to make their adjustments and pit stop.  Line them up in order of stage 2 finish and then start the final.

Racinray

Quote from: riccoar on March 09, 2017, 09:05:48 am
I think at the end of the 2nd stage, you bring all cars down to the pits and give them 5-10 minutes to make their adjustments and pit stop.  Line them up in order of stage 2 finish and then start the final.
I think they should get back to what racing used to be, get rid of all the stages and race.

riccoar

Quote from: Racinray on March 09, 2017, 05:50:44 pm
I think they should get back to what racing used to be, get rid of all the stages and race.
Eh, I agree.  However, Harvick would have lapped every car in the field last Sunday.