Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gonna be an interesting off season

Started by holeinthewall, November 22, 2016, 12:52:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

JTG to 2 cars?
7 car Tommy Baldwin selling his charter?
Hscott selling charter to Furniture Row for Jones and 77 car. 2nd charter was leased from Premium
16 team sounds like they won't run next year which means Roush can lease or sell it.
23 & 83 no announcements although Ragan won't be back.
44 team no sponsors or driver as of now.  Can't see why Biffle would leave the 16 to go to RPM and a team that's no better.
With the sponsorships drying up, no one in the stands and fewer people watching I bet there are more teams folding this off season

21 team I certainly hope they get charter. I think NASCAR really screwed them over by not giving them a charter considering they have been racing in NASCAR since 1950.

XFINITY I think we will see more and more unsponsored cars further making it a 10-12 car race every Saturday.

Racinray

Monster Energy brand seems to fit better with racing.

10thPlanet

hawginbigd1

Quote from: holeinthewall on November 22, 2016, 12:52:24 pm
JTG to 2 cars?
7 car Tommy Baldwin selling his charter?
Hscott selling charter to Furniture Row for Jones and 77 car. 2nd charter was leased from Premium
16 team sounds like they won't run next year which means Roush can lease or sell it.
23 & 83 no announcements although Ragan won't be back.
44 team no sponsors or driver as of now.  Can't see why Biffle would leave the 16 to go to RPM and a team that's no better.
With the sponsorships drying up, no one in the stands and fewer people watching I bet there are more teams folding this off season

21 team I certainly hope they get charter. I think NASCAR really screwed them over by not giving them a charter considering they have been racing in NASCAR since 1950.

XFINITY I think we will see more and more unsponsored cars further making it a 10-12 car race every Saturday.
Xfinity was almost not watchable unless it was a stand alone or a road course. Every week it was which Gibbs car is going to run 1,2,3,and4. The real race was for 5th.

Agreed on the Wood Bros. 21

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: Racinray on December 02, 2016, 08:35:14 am
Monster Energy brand seems to fit better with racing.

I wonder if they'll kick out all the other Energy Drink Brands (NOS) like Nextel did with Robbie Gordan and Cingular. 
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Doyle Hograves

Cingular didn't get kicked out, they were grandfathered in but Nextel objected to the 31 car driven by Jeff Burton (not Robbie Gordan) being rebranded to AT&T.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

riccoar

NOS was a primary in Xfinity.  At least now Verizon can move back into Cup.  They ran their sponsorship in Xfinity after Nextel took over and names changed.