Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Started by Racinray, May 26, 2016, 05:24:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Racinray

One thing about this race is you can watch the first ten laps, take a nap, go eat, mow the lawn and get a shower and still get back in time to watch the last fifty laps. I know it's a NASCAR tradition but it's a long boring race.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on May 26, 2016, 05:24:18 pm
One thing about this race is you can watch the first ten laps, take a nap, go eat, mow the lawn and get a shower and still get back in time to watch the last fifty laps. I know it's a NASCAR tradition but it's a long boring race.

You think every race is boring. You obviously do not drink nearly enough beer before or during each race.

10thPlanet

I think all races should be 400 miles or less, unless it's Martinsville. I would like a 1200 lap Martinsville race.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 26, 2016, 08:45:32 pm
You think every race is boring. You obviously do not drink nearly enough beer before or during each race.
Not all, just the cookie cutter tracks. I'll take a good dirt track race anyday over a NASCAR race.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on May 27, 2016, 06:58:13 pm
Not all, just the cookie cutter tracks. I'll take a good dirt track race anyday over a NASCAR race.

I've taken a liking to the road races. Hope to possibly go to Sonoma next year. Love San Fran and Monterey plus throw in a race for awesome vacation.

berryhog

Quote from: Racinray on May 27, 2016, 06:58:13 pm
Charlotte has always been my favorite super speedway.  I think my interest or lack thereof, is directly related to all of the crying and whining by today's drivers.   

Racinray

What does the company ARRIS do? They are in the Xfinity full time and Sprint Cup part time, just curious. Looks like they spend alot of money in NASCAR.

Racinray

A very good finish to the Xfinity race today.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on May 28, 2016, 05:10:49 pm
A very good finish to the Xfinity race today.

I love Larson. He's gonna be something if he can get with a top organization.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 28, 2016, 06:06:23 pm
I love Larson. He's gonna be something if he can get with a top organization.
He's talented. He was making that OS groove work and getting great runs off the corners.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Buff

Those bagpipes were beautiful

berryhog

Since I'm financially supporting the 2 tonight, I'd like to see a good return on my investment with a victory.

Buff

Quote from: berryhog on May 29, 2016, 05:00:44 pm
Since I'm financially supporting the 2 tonight, I'd like to see a good return on my investment with a victory.

Thank God for this thread so that you can remember the race tomorrow

berryhog

Like the drivers, I'm racing to half-way.

berryhog

Truex is the class of the field early.  His pit crew isn't doing him any favors though.

Buff

WOW.  Carl Edwards got busted for being too fast on pit road, and then got busted for the same thing when he made his penalty drive-through.  And he had a car that could challenge Truex.

ImHogginIt

If I was Logano or any driver and I had to do a pass through because my crew jumped over the wall too soon I would be livid. Logano was third when that happened. Pay attention ya darned pit crew member.

ImHogginIt

Hope we see several late race cautions cause its been boring as sin so far

berryhog

Truex will have his hands full with the 48.  48 is unreal fast now

ImHogginIt

I can't stand the sight of titty baby Austin Dillon. Hate that dorky coke commercial and his stupid cowboy hat.

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 29, 2016, 08:13:48 pm
I can't stand the sight of titty baby Austin Dillon. Hate that dorky coke commercial and his stupid cowboy hat.

Hey, he EARNED his ride in the big show

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on May 29, 2016, 08:20:18 pm
Hey, he EARNED his ride in the big show

Yep. By mowing grandpa's yard. Bet he didn't do any weed eating though.

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 29, 2016, 08:24:20 pm
Yep. By mowing grandpa's yard. Bet he didn't do any weed eating though.

Dude quit being so insensitive.  Weed-eating would have ruined his manicure.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on May 29, 2016, 08:25:57 pm
Dude quit being so insensitive.  Weed-eating would have ruined his manicure.

True. You think his gf loves him or his money ?

Buff

She's hoping for wedding bells and a fiery crash.

ImHogginIt

Wonder why Truex hasn't married his GF ?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on May 29, 2016, 08:36:46 pm
She's hoping for wedding bells and a fiery crash.

Her retirement plan eh ?  ;D

ImHogginIt

There is a reason why so many people laugh at NASCAR. Boring races like this do it. Congrats to Truex but this was soooooooooo boring.

Buff

Tension with 2 late tire issues on the track.  I kept waiting for WWE Na$car to throw the caution flag for a G-W-C finish  ::hornsdown::

Martin Truex just turned in a record-setting run that we may never see again in the 600.  392/400 Laps led.

berryhog

Good for Truex.  Glad to see him get a big win.

Racinray

Sounds like I'm glad I missed the race.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 29, 2016, 08:57:58 pm
There is a reason why so many people laugh at NASCAR. Boring races like this do it. Congrats to Truex but this was soooooooooo boring.

Any time I see a car that dominant in a race at this level... I get a little suspicious.  Especially when it carries the same speed and dominance during the day and night segments while other top tier teams have to adjust and normally only shack it during one or the other.

Glad for Truex, but I'd be curious to know what exactly they did to cover the field that well.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

ImHogginIt

Another Pocono snooze fest next week too. Then boring Michigan. I like road races so at least will have something decent in a month

Race hub just showed viewer comments. Most thought last night was boring. They need to repave all these mile and a half and do something to tighten up the field.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 30, 2016, 04:46:50 pm
Another Pocono snooze fest next week too. Then boring Michigan. I like road races so at least will have something decent in a month

Race hub just showed viewer comments. Most thought last night was boring. They need to repave all these mile and a half and do something to tighten up the field.
Now wait a minute, you called me out about complaining about boring races........are you coming over to the darkside now. :)

ImHogginIt

May 30, 2016, 11:11:43 pm #34 Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:14:43 pm by ImHogginIt
Quote from: Racinray on May 30, 2016, 05:38:42 pm
Now wait a minute, you called me out about complaining about boring races........are you coming over to the darkside now. :)

You think every race is boring. You complained about last weeks race which was really good for an All Star race  ;D  Actually yesterdays reminded me of when I went to Richmond Spring of 2015. Kurt B had such a dominant car that day that everybody seemed content to just ride around points racing knowing he was probably going to win.

Racinray

Quote from: Flying Razorback on May 30, 2016, 01:36:20 pm

Any time I see a car that dominant in a race at this level... I get a little suspicious.  Especially when it carries the same speed and dominance during the day and night segments while other top tier teams have to adjust and normally only shack it during one or the other.

Glad for Truex, but I'd be curious to know what exactly they did to cover the field that well.
Guess they were good, never heard anything otherwise.