Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'Dega, and more bleeping rule changes

Started by Buff, October 21, 2015, 11:58:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Flying Razorback

What's funny is if it was yellow to end it, Harvick would have stayed in the chase even though he blew up because he could roll to the checkers.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

How can the best drivers in the world be so incompetent on a restart?

Hey Denny, get out of the car.

berryhog

Flying Razorback

Buff

Dang, the 4's engine sounds horrible.  He's down at least 2 cylinders.

Flying Razorback

He turned hard in to the 6 to wreck him and start that.

I don't BLAME Harvick for doing that.... but uhhh...  I guess that's what NASCAR wanted.

berryhog

Buff

Buff

Harvick said he was going to move up out of the way.  Guess the 6 didn't get the memo.

Buff

Gave the win to the 22.  Looked like the right call.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on October 25, 2015, 04:40:32 pm
Harvick said he was going to move up out of the way.  Guess the 6 didn't get the memo.

The replay looked pretty suspicious. 

Harvick is smart enough to leave him plausible deniability.  He can say "I just tried to turn high..."

berryhog

Quote from: Buff on October 25, 2015, 04:39:36 pm
Congrats, I don't hate you anymore.

Haha.  See that wasn't so bad.  It gave him time to think about what he needed to do.  His only shot was to stack up the field and hope the caution came out quick.

Flying Razorback

The only question I have is if they are going to penalize Harvick for that or not.

No penalty, he might advance.  Penalty and he won't.

Flying Razorback

People in other media and social media saying Harvick should have been black flagged and not allowed to attempt.  But you don't "know" it won't go until you try, right?

berryhog

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 25, 2015, 04:47:56 pm
The only question I have is if they are going to penalize Harvick for that or not.

No penalty, he might advance.  Penalty and he won't.

Was he warned ?

Flying Razorback

berryhog

Preparing for the backlash, I bet.  No way it takes this long to sort the finishing order and who advances.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: berryhog on October 25, 2015, 05:06:04 pm
Preparing for the backlash, I bet.  No way it takes this long to sort the finishing order and who advances.

Honestly, it's going to be hard to "prove" he did it on purpose.  They want to penalize Harvick or make him finish at the end of the lead lap to knock him out.  But it's going to be hard to "prove" definitively that he did it.

Racinray

NASCAR can't prove anything but it sure looked suspicious.

berryhog

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 25, 2015, 05:08:03 pm

Honestly, it's going to be hard to "prove" he did it on purpose.  They want to penalize Harvick or make him finish at the end of the lead lap to knock him out.  But it's going to be hard to "prove" definitively that he did it.

I don't think they are gonna penalize him.  I meant the backlash from the fans and media you alluded to earlier.

Flying Razorback

Not so fast...

It appears NASCAR is talking with the 4 team, Harvick, and officials before they determine whether or not Harvick advances...  He may get held out after all.

Flying Razorback

Yep, they just showed all the "big wigs" of NASCAR walking in to a closed door meeting.  This is going to be bad.

Harvick might get held out of the final 8.

If that happens, do they bump in the first driver out on points?  Or Jr. since he would have won the race starting on the bottom with the fastest car?

Or both?  And have 9 in the next round?

Flying Razorback

Well Harvick is clean on his restart for now...

BUT...

There may be points penalties coming on Tuesday for the 4 and 41 team for illegal parts during pre-qualifying inspection.

Flying Razorback

Unfortunately, the pending points penalty might also take Kurt Busch out of the final 8.  That would suck, I was going to switch to him.

10thPlanet

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 25, 2015, 04:42:05 pm

The replay looked pretty suspicious. 

Harvick is smart enough to leave him plausible deniability.  He can say "I just tried to turn high..."
I think he did it on purpose, but so would've I... I don't blame him for being competitive. Nascar is probably having a heart attack without JR winning.

ImHogginIt

I give up on fantasy. Every freakin' weak one of my drivers has a problem and finishes 40th or worse. Today Jr, Stenhouse and Bowyer had top tens for me but Blaney has an engine go out and finishes last. Story of my year.

Flying Razorback

Yeah, the points penalty on Tuesday is going to take Harvick out.  Newman will be back in to the Chase.

Just keep on logging laps Newman.  Then wreck someone at Phoenix like you did last year and you might win the Championship.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 25, 2015, 06:45:55 pm
I give up on fantasy. Every freakin' weak one of my drivers has a problem and finishes 40th or worse. Today Jr, Stenhouse and Bowyer had top tens for me but Blaney has an engine go out and finishes last. Story of my year.

Same.  Blaney was running great.  Finished p43.  I sat Menard for Almirola.  Dang.

riccoar

Harvick did no different than Newman last year.  This scenario was all on NASCAR.  He took advantage of the situation.  The only question is if Kenseth waits until next year to dump Logano.

Buff

Quote from: riccoar on October 26, 2015, 07:06:39 am
The only question is if Kenseth waits until next year to dump Logano.

"Accidents" happen at Martinsville all the time.

acey33

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 25, 2015, 04:27:50 pm
Harvick saying on radio he can't get the engine to rev up.

Won't go, probably going to pull out of line on the restart.

Damn.

and he did this on the first restart but decided he would cause the melee on the second restart which put him in the chase  :puke:

riccoar

Quote from: acey33 on October 26, 2015, 08:14:36 am
and he did this on the first restart but decided he would cause the melee on the second restart which put him in the chase  :puke:
Yeah, but how could he know there would be the 2nd one?  He couldn't.  He got out of the way on the first one.  I think he saw that they didn't give everyone their positions back which bumped others into the top 8.  I'm guessing they said hold your line and see what happens.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: acey33 on October 26, 2015, 08:14:36 am

On his in car radio they realized that if that happened again, he would be in the Chase if he didn't lose many spots.

So the first time they pulled out of line because they thought there was no way they could make it.  But then the first yellow came out and everyone thought the race was over.  Because of the new 1 GWC.  However, they said they'd have a second 1 GWC.  This time he stayed in line because they said "If that happens again and you limit the number of spots you lose, you'll be in..."  So they decided to hold his line.

Mike Helton said they couldn't prove anything wrong with the wreck.  I personally think Harvick did it on purpose.  However, you can see him looking in his rearview and turning right to get up the track.  He can claim all day "I looked in my rearview, saw a freight train of cars coming led by the 20 and turned right to get out of their way..."

On his in car he was even saying "If the 6 pushes me I might be able to get up to speed..."  His engine had laid down 20 laps prior, but as long as he was at full speed he could stay there, he just couldn't slow or speed up.  But when they slowed down for caution, he couldn't get to speed again.  So he may have been hoping to stay on Bayne's nose which is why he backed up to him but then Bayne went around him.

I don't know, it's a mess.  I still think that the penalty tomorrow may take him out.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: riccoar on October 26, 2015, 07:06:39 am
Harvick did no different than Newman last year.  This scenario was all on NASCAR.  He took advantage of the situation.  The only question is if Kenseth waits until next year to dump Logano.

I absolutely think he gets in to Logano sometime.  Yesterday on Matt's in car he was saying "Tell the 22 that I'm going to knock him out after the race.  He better hide behind his daddy..."  And he had several interviews over the weekend where he alluded to the fact that he wasn't over it.

Flying Razorback

Also last night there was a great Twitter exchange between Ricky Rudd and Mark Martin.

Ricky Rudd was fired up and saying that Talladega should not be the elimination race of a round and I completely agree.  He said it's such a wild card, that make it the first race of a round, then people *know* what they have to do to make up for what we saw yesterday.

No one has the ability to take the race in to their own hands and win.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 26, 2015, 08:41:03 am
Also last night there was a great Twitter exchange between Ricky Rudd and Mark Martin.

Ricky Rudd was fired up and saying that Talladega should not be the elimination race of a round and I completely agree.  He said it's such a wild card, that make it the first race of a round, then people *know* what they have to do to make up for what we saw yesterday.

No one has the ability to take the race in to their own hands and win.

Ricky Craven not Rudd

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 26, 2015, 09:28:32 am
Ricky Craven not Rudd

Whoops, thanks.  I let my fingers type faster than my brain there.

Buff

Rule change for Martinsville: per Brian France, spinning out Logano if you drive the 20 car will get you a black flag.

Flying Razorback

I had an all day drive today and listened to  a lot of NASCAR radio.  I can't believe the number of people calling in to try and have the entire rule book changed or selectively enforced, solely because Junior didn't win.

I also couldn't believe the number of people who called in saying "HARVICK'S CAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN BLACK FLAGGED BEFORE THE RESTART!!!!!1111!@!@!#!"

And the hosts would say "Ok, who's your favorite driver?  Ok, what if NASCAR randomly decided to black flag them without them proving they can't keep pace for a lap?  You want to start that precedent?  No?  Well why do it here then?  Oh, so Junior could have won?  He was gracious after the race and level headed, why can't you be?"

riccoar

Even if you penalize Harvick, Jr. still doesn't make the Chase.  Jr. hasn't ran well at all in the Chase.  He made the first cut on a tiebreaker.