Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NASCAR in Mexico

Started by pioneerhog, March 05, 2005, 09:35:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneerhog

I was just wondering what your thoughts were to NASCAR haveing a race in Mexico.

moparman

pioneerhog

Quote from: xna1501 on March 07, 2005, 10:39:26 am
It's okay, but I'm sick and tired of hearing of all of this "diversity" crap.
ME TOO, has anyone thought that the reason blacks and women aren't in the sort is because they don't drive as good.

moparman

Quote from: pioneerhog on March 07, 2005, 02:08:09 pm
ME TOO, has anyone thought that the reason blacks and women aren't in the sort is because they don't drive as good.
there is a black guy he is in the Trucks last time i checked. Drives a Dodge. ;D

Porquemada

Did they race lowriders or trucks with 15 people in the bed?

pioneerhog

Quote from: moparman on March 07, 2005, 03:02:47 pm
there is a black guy he is in the Trucks last time i checked. Drives a Dodge. ;D
But how good is he, is he the real thing or just driveing because of this diversity thing.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on March 07, 2005, 05:51:18 pm
Did they race lowriders or trucks with 15 people in the bed?
That was some funny $h*t, i applaud you for that on because i can't believe i hadn't thought of it.

moparman

Quote from: pioneerhog on March 07, 2005, 06:24:37 pm
Quote from: moparman on March 07, 2005, 03:02:47 pm
But how good is he, is he the real thing or just driveing because of this diversity thing.
i think he has won a few races.

tophawg19

RACING in mexico will drive up the cost which is what NASCAR says it's trying to prevent .THEY are looking to bring black drivers in .
they are also looking to remove the redneck image by moving more races to the north & west  . they have forgoeen who made them what they are now .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 18, 2005, 11:25:53 am
RACING in mexico will drive up the cost which is what NASCAR says it's trying to prevent .THEY are looking to bring black drivers in .
they are also looking to remove the redneck image by moving more races to the north & west . they have forgoeen who made them what they are now .
Yeah it started with people running moonshine, so it started with REDNECKS. What is wrong with rednecks anyway?

tophawg19

we ain't cool ,we drink to much party to loud and don't like caviar . we ain't politically correct an don't have the huge income for hi $$$$$$ box seats .but we're still what nascar is all about from dirt tracks to asphalt the south has the best fan support .

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 18, 2005, 08:46:23 pm
we ain't cool ,we drink to much party to loud and don't like caviar . we ain't politically correct an don't have the huge income for hi $$$$$$ box seats .but we're still what nascar is all about from dirt tracks to asphalt the south has the best fan support .
What is wrong with it(that first sentence) I'm kinda a cross between a hillbilly-country boy-redneck and proud of it.

tophawg19

you said a mouff full most of the knowledgeable fans come from the south the ones who really get into it . get your hands dirty a little grease never hurt no one fans . who's your favorite drivers

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 18, 2005, 08:46:23 pm
Right on track. Keep rolling !

pioneerhog

Since i am from Batesville and my dad use to run around with him I must say Mark Martin is my favorite drive.

maniax22bolts20

Batesville's OTHER triplets -- Karin,Rachel and Kelli.  Max 93.1 and KWOZ Country 103.3 plus a sports station to  go with that .

pioneerhog

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 18, 2005, 09:27:50 pm
Batesville's OTHER triplets -- Karin,Rachel and Kelli. Max 93.1 and KWOZ Country 103.3 plus a sports station to go with that .
Are you from Batesville or close by? Because I didn't figure you would know about the radio stations.

tophawg19

IM A  JEFF GORDON FAN . HE REMINDS ME OF EARLY EARNHARDT I WAS A BIG FAN OF HIS EVEN WHEN IT WASN'T COOL .SAME DRIVING STYLE .

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 18, 2005, 09:36:55 pm
IM A JEFF GORDON FAN . HE REMINDS ME OF EARLY EARNHARDT I WAS A BIG FAN OF HIS EVEN WHEN IT WASN'T COOL .SAME DRIVING STYLE .
Jeff gordons gay.

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: pioneerhog on March 18, 2005, 09:35:50 pm
Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 18, 2005, 09:27:50 pm
Batesville's OTHER triplets -- Karin,Rachel and Kelli. Max 93.1 and KWOZ Country 103.3 plus a sports station to go with that .
Are you from Batesville or close by? Because I didn't figure you would know about the radio stations.
About 100 miles south in Hazen. I've been there a few times though and love all 3 stations. Wonder what happened to a few delicacies from there,Southside and the surrounding area that I went to Jr. college with in the early 90s.

tophawg19

JEFFS AWINNER HIS GIRLFRIEND MAY NOT AGREE .

pioneerhog

Yeah and if anyone is a Martin, Kurt  Busch, or Rusty Wallace fans they are going to be at Mark Martin Ford here in Batesville signing autographs. Busch and Martin will be here Friday evening and Martin and Wallace will be here Saturday.

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 18, 2005, 09:39:23 pm
JEFFS AWINNER HIS GIRLFRIEND MAY NOT AGREE .
I'm sorry I'm just not a Gordon fan, Plus the "Jeff Gordons gay" is a song i got off Blubster, It is actually pretty funny.

tophawg19

hows the track at batesville ihear they run some good shows late models & modifieds . do they run sprinters to .?

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 18, 2005, 10:36:04 pm
hows the track at batesville ihear they run some good shows late models & modifieds . do they run sprinters to .?
www.batesvillespeedway.com

tophawg19

thanks again may need to make the trip .tracks rep. is impressive

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 18, 2005, 10:43:51 pm
thanks again may need to make the trip .tracks rep. is impressive
You are welcome. Glad to help out. You may have already viewed the schedule but it appears they only have Open Practice tomorrow from 1-4. Same thing next Thursday at 7pm and then the Salute To Six Mod Series next Friday and Saturday both starting at 7pm. 870-251-1200

pioneerhog

March 18, 2005, 10:47:31 pm #27 Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 10:50:27 pm by pioneerhog
Quote from: tophawg19 on March 18, 2005, 10:36:04 pm
One of the best tracks in the US. They are haveing several late model and modified shows this year. The biggest will be the 100,000 to win modified show in July i do believe. The Topless 100 is a 43,000(or I think that is what it was last year)to win late model show where they don't have a roof on their cars. The World of Outlaw sprints are going to be there this years also, I can't remember the date but you can check their site.

tophawg19

dirt track the heartbeat of america . how does it comp[are to 1-30 speedway .

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 18, 2005, 10:50:34 pm
dirt track the heartbeat of america . how does it comp[are to 1-30 speedway .
I've never been to I-30, But the guys that are normals up here like it alot better. I know several of the drivers here and they like it better than I-30.

tophawg19

do you go often .what about other tracks in your area.

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 18, 2005, 10:56:20 pm
do you go often .what about other tracks in your area.
I don't go much anymore, I use to go when a good friend of mine had a car, I'd go help him in the pits. There is also a track in Augusta, if you know where that is, we went to it last year before my buddy sold his car, It is a 1/4 mile track if i remember right but it is fast for a 1/4 mile. Everyone I had any dealings with at augusta was real nice to, alot better than at Batesville. But i do plan on going ot more races this year, I might talk to some other people i know and go help them in the pits.

tophawg19

pits can be rough drivings more fun have a good nite .

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 18, 2005, 11:08:11 pm
pits can be rough drivings more fun have a good nite .
I can't afford to have a racecar, I don't want to let go of that much money. But I'm getting off for the night.

xkyrie

As a Spanish bilingual and having known hundreds of Hispanics, I can tell you that Nascar is making the right move with the Mexico infiltration. Despite Mexico's lower per capita income, there is a huge demand for spectator sports such as this. By penetrating the market, they are generating interest and future demand for more. Most Hispanics think racing is stupid, but most thought american football was a joke, too, and now it has pervaded the Hispanic market. I loathe Nascar almost more than anything in the world, but I have to give Nascar it's due.