Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Average age in the FaG Forum

Started by RazorPiggie, July 10, 2013, 12:14:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on July 10, 2013, 03:58:01 pm
nope
I dont know if i mentioned it but they also stole 1 of my golf shoes.
So if youall know anyone that goes by stumpy, thats swingin some new sticks and is wearing 1 adidas golf shoe with orange stripes call me

Stole ONE shoe???? hahaha....sorry but that's just unimaginable. One of those WTH are you thinking deals.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on July 10, 2013, 04:49:03 pm
52.  Was a member at Greystone (north of Cabot) until I moved to Memphis in '05.  Not a member anywhere anymore.

I was a member at Greystone from 98 to 05. I wonder if we know each other?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

booogaga

Fayetteville Country Club - Fayetteville Arkansas (my own membership)
Hardscrabble Country Club - Fort Smith Arkansas family membership (parents membership but I know the acct number and have the same name as my dad so I golf and eat a ton of food for free. haha)
GO HOGS!

RazorPiggie

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

CabotHog87

25- Just moved to NWA in January. Thinking about joining PV with JQP, I liked the layout of the course. Sucked that the wind blew 80 mph that day though.

Boarcephus

Quote from: GolfNut57 on July 10, 2013, 03:51:15 pm
Whew......Thank God I am not the oldest one here. 55 going 56 in Oct with no current membership at a course. Mainly play the central AR courses.

LOL!!   Get easier to find those younger and harder to find those older.  ;)
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

SEClion

38-Big Creek Golf and Country Club and Twin Lakes Golf Club

hawgtahm

42 next week...Club Card member in KC area

KCRazorbackfan

60 - Paradise Pointe Golf Complex, Smithville, MO. 40 beautiful holes of golf (2-18 holes and a 4-hole teaching academy).
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

cc

campushog23

Quote from: cc on July 10, 2013, 09:02:01 pm
39 - Oak Hills CC (DeWitt)

Well that's surprising. Didnt know there was anyone from Dewitt on this board. I've grown up in Dewitt and in college now. Played out there all my life, are you playing the 4ball this weekend?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on July 10, 2013, 02:28:25 pm
What's CVCC? 

Getting ready to hit 60 in 02/14 and I've been playing Paradise Valley for years.   For some reason, I never really get tired of playing that course.  Slipping up to Lost Springs Sunday since they have a tournament at PV this weekend.
I think it's a Honda.

cc

Quote from: campushog23 on July 10, 2013, 10:46:45 pm
Well that's surprising. Didnt know there was anyone from Dewitt on this board. I've grown up in Dewitt and in college now. Played out there all my life, are you playing the 4ball this weekend?

Not going to be able to.  I just moved here a couple of months ago and found out about 4ball a few weeks ago.  Most guys that I have played a round with or would want to play in 4ball with already have a partner.  I will be in it next year.

The 3 by 9 a couple of weeks ago was a blast.

PEtrader

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on July 10, 2013, 05:02:36 pm
Heres your winner

Why am I the winner?

Not a WMT employee, fiancee is though :).
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

BR

Moila Country Club, St. Joseph, Mo..........
Fairview Golf Course, St. Joseph, MO..........
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

PonderinHog

I'll be 56 in August and they won't let me have nice things.

campushog23

Quote from: cc on July 11, 2013, 08:19:53 am
Not going to be able to.  I just moved here a couple of months ago and found out about 4ball a few weeks ago.  Most guys that I have played a round with or would want to play in 4ball with already have a partner.  I will be in it next year.

The 3 by 9 a couple of weeks ago was a blast.

Yeah both tournaments are a lot of fun.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PEtrader on July 11, 2013, 08:21:59 am
Why am I the winner?

Not a WMT employee, fiancee is though :).

Bc of where you play.

ricepig

55-Ridgpointe CC

But I haven't played in nearly a year, tore my rotator cuff throwing bp to my youngest son's team and haven't decidied to do the surgery. There's a lesson in this, don't have kids when you're in your mid 40's, haha.

wachog

Boarcephus

One thing I do like about Lost Springs is the tee times.  PV won't set one before 8 on weekends and during the summer, it's gets warm if you're like us and walk.  There's a tournament at PV this weekend and I've made a tee time at Lost Springs for 6:40 Sunday am.  We'll be done before it gets too bad.

clutch

Quote from: Boarcephus on July 11, 2013, 11:25:13 am
One thing I do like about Lost Springs is the tee times.  PV won't set one before 8 on weekends and during the summer, it's gets warm if you're like us and walk.  There's a tournament at PV this weekend and I've made a tee time at Lost Springs for 6:40 Sunday am.  We'll be done before it gets too bad.

That's pretty crazy. You can get quite a few groups off before 8:00. I've come to really like early weekend rounds.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: ricepig on July 11, 2013, 09:12:22 am
55-Ridgpointe CC

But I haven't played in nearly a year, tore my rotator cuff throwing bp to my youngest son's team and haven't decidied to do the surgery. There's a lesson in this, don't have kids when you're in your mid 40's, haha.

Shame they had to go public. I've always felt Ridgepointe is one of the most underrated courses in the state.

kingofdequeen

31 - Eagle Hill, HSV and Bella Vista

clutch

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 11, 2013, 11:42:54 am
Shame they had to go public. I've always felt Ridgepointe is one of the most underrated courses in the state.

They aren't public anymore. I think the plan was only to open it up for a couple of months until it sold.

It's definitely underrated though.

ricepig

Quote from: clutch on July 11, 2013, 12:07:36 pm
They aren't public anymore. I think the plan was only to open it up for a couple of months until it sold.

It's definitely underrated though.

Yeah, I really don't see how this group buying will be able to "stand the heat" more than Wallace, but hopefully they will.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: ricepig on July 11, 2013, 12:28:41 pm
Yeah, I really don't see how this group buying will be able to "stand the heat" more than Wallace, but hopefully they will.

I worked out there one summer. Internal controls were far from stable.

ricepig

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 11, 2013, 12:37:19 pm
I worked out there one summer. Internal controls were far from stable.

That's putting it mildly, anyway, great course with not enough play/members.

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on July 11, 2013, 12:28:41 pm

I don't either. I heard Wallace was losing $35k a month. That's insane. They seem to be overstaffed for sure. I can imagine that gets cut. There are so many pro's out there both tennis and golf, and there maintenance crew is over twice the size of Sage. Works out well for them course wise, but not financially.

How many people ended up purchasing it? At first I heard it was a group of about 20. Then I heard that didn't get approved by the home owners. Now I'm hearing that it is just 2 guys. Is that correct?

ricepig

Quote from: clutch on July 11, 2013, 12:45:06 pm
I don't either. I heard Wallace was losing $35k a month. That's insane. They seem to be overstaffed for sure. I can imagine that gets cut. There are so many pro's out there both tennis and golf, and there maintenance crew is over twice the size of Sage. Works out well for them course wise, but not financially.

How many people ended up purchasing it? At first I heard it was a group of about 20. Then I heard that didn't get approved by the home owners. Now I'm hearing that it is just 2 guys. Is that correct?

Plus one from Cabot, it hasn't closed, so who knows??

rcopela

Boarcephus

Quote from: clutch on July 11, 2013, 11:33:43 am
That's pretty crazy. You can get quite a few groups off before 8:00. I've come to really like early weekend rounds.

We've had that very discussion many times.  LS is really set up to accomodate the members while PV is set up to accomodate management.

clutch

Quote from: Boarcephus on July 11, 2013, 01:34:43 pm
We've had that very discussion many times.  LS is really set up to accomodate the members while PV is set up to accomodate management.

That's hundreds of dollars every Saturday and Sunday morning that they are passing up. I'm assuming only because they don't want to show up that early? Great business plan.

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on July 11, 2013, 12:50:01 pm

Are they buying the tennis complex and all? Or just the golf course?

ricepig

Quote from: clutch on July 11, 2013, 02:06:47 pm
Are they buying the tennis complex and all? Or just the golf course?

It's my understanding it's all of it.

Roctavious

Quote from: ricepig on July 11, 2013, 12:43:35 pm
That's putting it mildly, anyway, great course with not enough play/members.

Think they should have left it open but at the $65 price. That's high enough to keep out most of the undesirables (except for the time I played it) and still make the course money. Of course if I could afford to live in Ridgepointe I wouldn't want people like me in the neighborhood either so maybe I really do understand.

Roctavious

Quote from: ricepig on July 11, 2013, 02:21:17 pm

Yeah I've heard they were buying the whole country club

ricepig

Quote from: Roctavious on July 11, 2013, 02:34:47 pm
Think they should have left it open but at the $65 price. That's high enough to keep out most of the undesirables (except for the time I played it) and still make the course money. Of course if I could afford to live in Ridgepointe I wouldn't want people like me in the neighborhood either so maybe I really do understand.

I don't have a problem with letting non-members play, the course could always handle more play. I think you might limit the times you let them on so as not to piss off some of your members. I live down the road, so you weren't looking in my backyard. I'm sure with my hook, I spent as much time in Wallace's yard as he ever did.

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on July 11, 2013, 02:55:17 pm
I don't have a problem with letting non-members play, the course could always handle more play. I think you might limit the times you let them on so as not to piss off some of your members. I live down the road, so you weren't looking in my backyard. I'm sure with my hook, I spent as much time in Wallace's yard as he ever did.

I think with a $60-65 price tag it would limit the number of times people played it by itself.

I heard there were quite a few members that were getting mad about things like broken tees left all over the tee box and such when it was opened up and that is why they closed it down so fast.

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on July 11, 2013, 02:21:17 pm

Well, if the price I heard was correct they got a pretty good deal considering how much they got. Now they just have to figure out how to make it profitable.

Dillar Dog

Play dumpy places in central AR.

GolfNut57

Quote from: ricepig on July 11, 2013, 12:50:01 pm

A Mr Cooper that owns Coopers Hawk up in Melbourne who also now owns one of the recent Greystone courses? Cypress Creek I think.

hawgtahm

Quote from: KCRazorbackfan on July 10, 2013, 08:51:11 pm
60 - Paradise Pointe Golf Complex, Smithville, MO. 40 beautiful holes of golf (2-18 holes and a 4-hole teaching academy).
Haven't made it up there, but one of the Club Card courses is near there. Tiffany Greens is a course I love, when I'm not hating it.

razorduck9

cosmodrum

Quote from: Dillar Dog on July 11, 2013, 05:54:49 pm

Play dumpy places in central AR.

I'll see if I can get you on at centennial
Go away, batin'

Roctavious

Quote from: ricepig on July 11, 2013, 02:55:17 pm

When you get in a charitable mood, you can get the old unemployed college student that's me on for a round. I promise to pick up my tees.

cc

Quote from: razorduck9 on July 11, 2013, 08:45:21 pm
31... Monticello CC and HSV

You or Kyle or anybody from that way playing over at Helena next Friday? 

Got a call from a guy yesterday that wants me to play in it with his team.  Surely it is in better shape than last time. 

razorduck9

Quote from: cc on July 12, 2013, 06:31:44 am
You or Kyle or anybody from that way playing over at Helena next Friday? 

Got a call from a guy yesterday that wants me to play in it with his team.  Surely it is in better shape than last time.

Don't think gonna make it this year..... I talked to one of the FB agents over there the other day and he said it was in lot better shape now.  But, there was no where to go but up!