Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The MotorSports Forum BS Thread

Started by Doyle Hograves, February 02, 2009, 10:11:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

str8volfan

well, they have killed the motorsports forum.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on October 26, 2012, 07:16:09 pm

Yep. We had more discussion in that forum than many other forums.  :(

str8volfan

they are good at killing good things IMO.

Racinray

Quote from: str8volfan on October 26, 2012, 07:16:09 pm
I enjoyed talking racing with you guys, this stinks.

DeWayne R

Horse racing gets there own forum with all 110 post.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Racinray

berryhog

Just noticed we got merged; that sucks.  I guess I shouldn't complain,  in the last year or so, I haven't really helped the post count in the MS forum.  Hated to see JJ win today.  Also the new points leader.  Looks like #6 for the 48 this year.   :puke:

Racinray

Quote from: berryhog on October 28, 2012, 04:33:51 pm
Just noticed we got merged; that sucks.  I guess I shouldn't complain,  in the last year or so, I haven't really helped the post count in the MS forum.  Hated to see JJ win today.  Also the new points leader.  Looks like #6 for the 48 this year.   :puke:
I hope your wrong, but I think your right.

Racinray

The CEO of Indy car just got fired.

arky870

guess we should have been nicer to danica  ???

Racinray

Quote from: arky870 on October 28, 2012, 07:17:01 pm
guess we should have been nicer to danica  ???
If that's what did it, it was worth it.

DeWayne R

Why not use this post as our motorsports forum.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Racinray

Sounds good to me, this is what I've been using.

Buff

Who's the corksmoker that deleted Motorsports? 

str8volfan

I sent some PM's about this darn, but as expected, nobody had the balls to respond.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on October 30, 2012, 07:27:00 pm
I sent some PM's about this darn, but as expected, nobody had the balls to respond.

Me too. Sent one to Douglas but he's ignored the few pm's I'm sent him ever since I stopped moderating in April  :'(

Buff

Isn't that why they want to be mods in the first place?  Give the appearance of having a set?

ImHogginIt

Motorsports forum had a lot more activity than the wrestling forum. Wonder why that one was not merged as well ?  :puke:

ImHogginIt

Anyone going to the Texas races Saturday or Sunday ? I'll be in Fayetteville for the Tulsa game and won't make it back in time Sunday. Kinda hoping it will rain Sunday ( 30 % chance) and the race be run on Monday

hogs24

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 31, 2012, 11:29:45 pm
Anyone going to the Texas races Saturday or Sunday ? I'll be in Fayetteville for the Tulsa game and won't make it back in time Sunday. Kinda hoping it will rain Sunday ( 30 % chance) and the race be run on Monday
this will be the first texass race I've missed in years. Im kinda sad
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hogs24 on November 01, 2012, 04:57:37 pm
this will be the first texass race I've missed in years. Im kinda sad

Don't be. I want to go but then I remember how bored I was last April at that race. We left with about 80 laps left. Texas races with this car and tires are boring as Hell.

arky870

dirt track racing is where the real fun is.

Racinray

hogs24

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 01, 2012, 09:05:16 pm
Don't be. I want to go but then I remember how bored I was last April at that race. We left with about 80 laps left. Texas races with this car and tires are boring as Hell.
did you run out of beer?
All kidding aside the racing there hasn't been exciting in awhile.
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

arky870

the world finals was a great watch last night. i sure wish they would show more dirt racing on tv.

Racinray

Quote from: arky870 on November 04, 2012, 08:36:13 am
the world finals was a great watch last night. i sure wish they would show more dirt racing on tv.
I enjoyed it, but dirt track racing is better in person.

Racinray

BK just got screwed out of that win with that last caution.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on November 04, 2012, 06:04:37 pm
BK just got screwed out of that win with that last caution.

How did he get screwed ? Edwards ran into Martin causing a wreck and a caution. That was one of the better finishes at Texas I can remember. I really like both JJ and BK so I was gonna be happy no matter who pulled it out.

Racinray

I can't stand JJ and his cheating crew chief and his car owner. I think I covered them all......LOL

berryhog

What I have a problem with was the last restart.  Is it or is it not against the rules to beat the leader to the start/finish line on a restart ?  Johnson and Busch both cried and whined on the previous restarts about Keselowski starting early, but Johnson definitely beat him to the line. 

10thPlanet

It's been awhile since, I actually enjoyed a Texas race.
Found this jewel on youtube. Guess who wins?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAAx8QAkOgI

ImHogginIt

Quote from: berryhog on November 04, 2012, 08:17:38 pm
What I have a problem with was the last restart.  Is it or is it not against the rules to beat the leader to the start/finish line on a restart ?  Johnson and Busch both cried and whined on the previous restarts about Keselowski starting early, but Johnson definitely beat him to the line.

I believe BK spun his tires there.

DeWayne R

Quote from: arky870 on November 04, 2012, 08:36:13 am

Except for the crappy tires the sprints run. They couldn't even make 30 laps on them.

str8volfan

I know you guys are not big drag racing fans, but the finals in Pomona are gonna be good. Top 3 cars in Funny car are separated by less than 35 points, 4 points seperate 1st and 2nd. TF isnt quite as close but can still be won by 3 different people.

Racinray

Quote from: str8volfan on November 05, 2012, 09:16:38 pm
I know you guys are not big drag racing fans, but the finals in Pomona are gonna be good. Top 3 cars in Funny car are separated by less than 35 points, 4 points seperate 1st and 2nd. TF isnt quite as close but can still be won by 3 different people.
I'm the exception here. I wonder if DS will screw Antron Brown and Jack Beckman out of the championship so his boy and Ron Capps can win it.

Racinray

Quote from: DeWayne R (Deewain32) on November 05, 2012, 09:04:33 pm
Except for the crappy tires the sprints run. They couldn't even make 30 laps on them.
Next year it will be Hoosiers. I know when they were at TSS a couple of years ago it was a big mess.

arky870

Quote from: DeWayne R (Deewain32) on November 05, 2012, 09:04:33 pm

this is the last year for goodyears and the world of outlaws. back to hooisers next year

str8volfan

Quote from: Racinray on November 06, 2012, 07:12:10 am
I'm the exception here. I wonder if DS will screw Antron Brown and Jack Beckman out of the championship so his boy and Ron Capps can win it.
Antron would have to really screw up to lose the TF title. As far as Beckman and Capps, I am a Tasca fan, so I hope they both lose. My wife is a Capps fan, a real disappointment to me she is.

Racinray

Quote from: str8volfan on November 06, 2012, 04:51:56 pm
Antron would have to really screw up to lose the TF title. As far as Beckman and Capps, I am a Tasca fan, so I hope they both lose. My wife is a Capps fan, a real disappointment to me she is.
He just about did in the last race, I would like to see him win it.
I'm not a Capps fan at all, would like to see Beckman win it, he seems like a good guy on and off the track.

Doyle Hograves

I sent Lanny a PM about this and he's offered to set us up a child board under general sports like the movies music books forum is a child board to the Tavern.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 31, 2012, 01:30:50 am
Motorsports forum had a lot more activity than the wrestling forum. Wonder why that one was not merged as well ?  :puke:

Isn't Douglas a wrestling fan?

Racinray

Quote from: ArkieRebel on November 06, 2012, 08:19:56 pm
I sent Lanny a PM about this and he's offered to set us up a child board under general sports like the movies music books forum is a child board to the Tavern.
I hope so, I miss our old forum.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Racinray on November 06, 2012, 09:05:33 pm
I hope so, I miss our old forum.

Anybody who wants a Motorsports forum set up should probably send a PM to Lanny and ask nicely. He told me it was a possibility to set this up as a child board under general sports. Let him know your feelings on this.

str8volfan

Quote from: ArkieRebel on November 06, 2012, 08:19:56 pm
thanks. He didnt respond to mine.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: str8volfan on November 06, 2012, 09:18:02 pm
thanks. He didnt respond to mine.

How many times did you PM him? He is a busy guy. I'm not saying to badger him but you might try him again.

DeWayne R

Quote from: str8volfan on November 05, 2012, 09:16:38 pm

Shoot we burn our asses up in Ennis,Tx watching some pretty good drag racing. 

Buff

I threatened his dog if I don't get a Motorsports forum.  Does he even own a dog?

10thPlanet