Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The MotorSports Forum BS Thread

Started by Doyle Hograves, February 02, 2009, 10:11:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle Hograves

(damn near)

Anything goes. Whatever you want to talk about that's not MotorSports related.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

hoghelmet14

Thanks man... I wanted this so I could brag on my Nephew... he is now 5-0 in his pro boxing career.... knocked out his opponent in the second round of the KO Autism Boxing event in Paris...

... also my maybe someday son-in-law (hes the bum dating my daughter) knocked his opponent out in the second round for the Mid-Amercan lt hvy weight Title!
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

grayhawg

Spent Sunday with my grandaughter watching Elmo tapes.
Had a blast

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on February 02, 2009, 01:07:11 pm
... also my maybe someday son-in-law (hes the bum dating my daughter) knocked his opponent out in the second round for the Mid-Amercan lt hvy weight Title!

Better grab a shotgun if he's that good of a boxer...

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: grayhawg on February 02, 2009, 01:27:58 pm
Spent Sunday with my grandaughter watching Elmo tapes.
Had a blast

My 4 year old daughter rode her four wheeler for the first time in several months. We still have some ice and snow, and she had fun doing donuts and spinning her wheels in the snow. She kicked up some pretty good rooster tails. All in all, a fun day for dad and daughter.

hoghelmet14

Is there anyone in here that sells extended car warranties? LOL.... I dont want to offend.... but I am about sick and tired of getting these calls!  how many last chances am I gonna get to get an extended warranty on a car I dont even own anymore?

DeWayne R

February 03, 2009, 07:37:58 am #6 Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 07:39:49 am by deewain32
Were looking for car Insurance. We have had triple A for three years but there dropping us as of March 3. Got a letter from them cause our kid doesnt live with us they cant insure her. Didnt matter when we signed up with them 3 years ago they didnt have a problem. Guess it's against there rules now.

BTW The car is in our name. But give it to the kid when she started driving.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on February 02, 2009, 05:51:54 pm
Is there anyone in here that sells extended car warranties? LOL.... I dont want to offend.... but I am about sick and tired of getting these calls!  how many last chances am I gonna get to get an extended warranty on a car I dont even own anymore?

i love how they call and tell you that and then ask for your name and what kind of car you drive......lol!! They should already know that if they know my warranty is up. You should hear my roommate when they call. He takes em on a Roy D. Mercer trip. It's funny as hell.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

hoghelmet14

I did that.. LOL... told them I had an 1914 Ford Model T and that I reallllly needed an extended warranty... afterall did she have any idea how much a transmission for one of those cost?  LOL

I dont even know if model t's have transmissions!

hoghelmet14

ps.... if you wait... they now have to give you a phone option to opt out of their database...

hogs24

This is why I have all the phones in my house unplugged. The kids, wife and I all have cell phones. If it wasn't for internet, I'd have no landline at all.
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

hoghelmet14

We have no land lines at home either... we are getting these dang calls on the office phones and our cell phones.... my 10 year old son got a call on his cell for an extended warranty.... on what his 10 speed?

berryhog

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on February 03, 2009, 04:40:29 pm
We have no land lines at home either... we are getting these dang calls on the office phones and our cell phones.... my 10 year old son got a call on his cell for an extended warranty.... on what his 10 speed?

Try this.  Nat'l Do Not Call List 1-888-382-1222.  Give each number that you don't wish to receive these calls.  It has worked well for us.  Now we only get an occasional call from the State Police wanting us to donate to their children's college fund and I assume they must be exempt from this list.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: berryhog on February 08, 2009, 11:23:02 am
Try this.  Nat'l Do Not Call List 1-888-382-1222.  Give each number that you don't wish to receive these calls.  It has worked well for us.  Now we only get an occasional call from the State Police wanting us to donate to their children's college fund and I assume they must be exempt from this list.

any nonprofit organization that you have donated to in the past is exempt
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

berryhog

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on February 08, 2009, 03:25:24 pm
any nonprofit organization that you have donated to in the past is exempt

I've never donated to them in the past.  It doesn't really bother me when they call, I just mentioned them because that is the only unsolicited calls we receive anymore.

hoghelmet14

I registered my cell phones... dont have a house phone... but how do I get them to stop calling my business?

we get an average of 10 calls a day on credit cards and or the stupid warranties!

berryhog

Quote from: hoghelmet20 on February 09, 2009, 11:03:11 am
I registered my cell phones... dont have a house phone... but how do I get them to stop calling my business?

we get an average of 10 calls a day on credit cards and or the stupid warranties!

I may be wrong, but I think this will work on any number ?

TeamVLWD

Went on a 10 hour one way trip this past weekend after parts and a new hauler for the Super Late Model. We are about a month out from the season getting in full swing. I'm ready to get it going!

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: TeamVLWD on February 10, 2009, 08:09:45 pm
Went on a 10 hour one way trip this past weekend after parts and a new hauler for the Super Late Model. We are about a month out from the season getting in full swing. I'm ready to get it going!

We need details... Where to? How fast did you drive? How many times did you have to stop to pee but weren't low on fuel?

TeamVLWD

Went to Southaven Mississippi first to get a Brinn transmission, bell housing, reverse mount starter and flywheel, then shot over to 72 and went to Opilaca, Alabama, just outside of Auburn. Stayed the night in Montgomery on the way to Opilaca, then drove there, got the hauler, then made it home at 9 PM, after leaving the guys house at 2:40ish.

Came home, ordered Brodix 11X heads and an intake, ordered a roller cam and lifters today, putting body on car tonight, installing transmission, bell housing, and such as well, will be building motor this weekend, dropping it in, boogity, boogity, boogity boys, we're going super late model racing! 

clifflee4mvp

you must either make a lot of money or you're in debt up to your eyeballs. Sounds expensive.

TeamVLWD

Not my car, I'm just in the pit crew The owner/driver is well off, owns his own business, that is doing VERY well.

Also, we spent less than $6K for all parts listed above!

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: TeamVLWD on February 11, 2009, 04:47:17 pm
Not my car, I'm just in the pit crew The owner/driver is well off, owns his own business, that is doing VERY well.

Also, we spent less than $6K for all parts listed above!

wow! 6K doesn't sound too bad.

TeamVLWD

We got the transmission, bell housing, starter and flywheel for $1300, Hauler for $2300, and heads and intake for $2200

TeamVLWD

Oops, forgot the Tony Wilson 750 gas carb we got as well, it was $700 brand new(got it with the tranny and other parts so he cut us a deal), so that would put us a couple hundred bucks over $6K.

hoghelmet14

LOL... what is it with us? ? ? ? ? ? ... this is the NOT RACING thread...and what are we talking about!

It must be speed weeks!

TeamVLWD

Sex and racing. My two favorite things. Ironically, they have a lot in common. Mostly, you have to be easy your rubber. If it blows out, you could find yourself in a world of trouble!

hoghelmet14

Told yall about the Concert in Paris.... the one with HogasaurusRex and Tim McGraw Tribute artist Todd Sullivan....

Here is McGraw sitting on my 65 year old Mom's Lap!

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on March 16, 2009, 11:33:02 pm
Told yall about the Concert in Paris.... the one with HogasaurusRex and Tim McGraw Tribute artist Todd Sullivan....

Here is McGraw sitting on my 65 year old Mom's Lap!

Wait a minute... I know a guy named Todd Sullivan. I can't see your pic. Where is that guy from?

10thPlanet

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 09, 2009, 11:03:11 am

Lay your phone by a cd player, and play Elvis. I think they start talking to each other, because calls have slowed down.

hoghelmet14

the opt out option required by law is working... I aint had a call in a month or so.

hoghelmet14

Do any of you play golf as well as watch racing?

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on June 12, 2009, 09:23:44 am
Do any of you play golf as well as watch racing?

Sometimes I play AT golf. You can't call what I do actually playing golf, but sometimes it might appear that I'm playing golf.

hoghelmet14

Played four times this week... my son loves it so my wife sends us to play.... father son time... LOL.. its Great!

hoghelmet14

Vacation.... going on Vacation.... first time in 3 Years..... cant wait..... Leaving early Wed Morn!

hogs24

hoghelmet14

Gulf Shores..... laying on the beach... doing... nothing..... cept getting burned... LOL

hogs24

Have a safe trip, and make sure to pack some dark sunglasses if the wife is going. 8)

hoghelmet14

Celebrities are droping like flies this week....

first Farah....

then Michael Jackson....
and

now Billy Mays.....

no more Billy Mays here for OxyClean... and this or that.... I liked that dude... he could sell Kyle Busch shirts! LOL

Foots

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on June 28, 2009, 10:33:06 pm
Celebrities are droping like flies this week....

first Farah....

then Michael Jackson....
and

now Billy Mays.....

no more Billy Mays here for OxyClean... and this or that.... I liked that dude... he could sell Kyle Busch shirts! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtYdDK1uTDI

hoghelmet14

Played golf today... .and as always looked around for a few lost golf balls.... found 211 today..... they had a huge tournament last weekend...... lazy bums... got more money than time I guess.... I would go look for a lost Pro V1 at 4 bucks a ball...

Doyle Hograves

What's your handicap?

I usually golf in the low 70's to low 80's.

Any hotter than that and I don't care to play. ;)

hoghelmet14

hoghelmet14

When are we going to all get together and play a round of golf?

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

hoghelmet14

I have left off with the Grandson updates.... but here is a good one.... MY 18 month old Grandson can now call the Hogs!  WPS!

DeWayne R

hoghelmet14

hogs24

ImHogginIt