Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danica Patrick leading the Indy 500

Started by hillbilly, May 29, 2005, 02:56:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boared

Quote from: Piedra Lobo on June 08, 2005, 10:08:08 pm
i speck some spanish and i'm trying to learn some native american and japanese.

which Native American language?

chikara_yume

well...i think i want to learn some Cherokee...or Navajo...maybe some Choctaw...i wonder if Hopi is hard to learn...i heard it's hard to learn Cheyenne and Blackfoot too....does anyone know if Omaha, Dakota, or Osage is hard? i can't think of anymore off the top of my head. but there are many i'd like to learn. i am going to learn Cherokee though.

chikara_yume

one of my main goals in life is to master as many languages as i can. even if i don't master it i'd still like to learn some of the language i am learning.

junkyardhog

Quote from: Piedra Lobo on June 08, 2005, 11:47:57 pm
well...i think i want to learn some Cherokee...or Navajo...maybe some Choctaw...i wonder if Hopi is hard to learn...i heard it's hard to learn Cheyenne and Blackfoot too....does anyone know if Omaha, Dakota, or Osage is hard? i can't think of anymore off the top of my head. but there are many i'd like to learn. i am going to learn Cherokee though.

I really don't think any of them are in high demand. If I were you, I would try spanish or cantonese ;)

chikara_yume

well i still wanna learn them anyways. plus i don't know what tribe my family is from but i want to find out and learn that language.

tophawg19

hi chikara ... i still like that name it suited you . cherokee is sometimes diffucult but you can learn it . navaho and apache are the hardest . these are all gutterall [sp] languages and often hard for people to pick up the right inflection if thats the right way to say that . apache and navaho share some words with the spanish language used in mexico which is different for the most part than what is taught in spanish class in school . kind of a southern slang spanish kinda like our southern english . being as your from this area i'd guess cherokee , choctaw , caddo or cheyanne would be likely place to start . also blackfoot although they basiclly stayed farther north and the cheyenne were more to the west there was inter tribal mixing and many little tribes used this area who are never mentioned . a liittle reaserch would probably be intresting and insightful also be sure to read the trail of tears .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins