Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 05:09:14 am

7-11??

Started by Dillon23, January 17, 2018, 10:43:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: hoglady on January 17, 2018, 03:41:36 pm
The only game we've lost that we really should have won - and the loss still bothers me -  is Ms. St.

(Auburn and LSU played well and certainly were the better team on that given day)

I'll give you Auburn, they were the better team. The LSU loss was inexcusable and LSU's 2 home losses since then proves it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 17, 2018, 03:36:46 pm
Maybe it's just me but I don't see the LSU loss as that big of a disaster. They have beat 4 Top 50 Ken Pom teams and are #58 themselves. Do you want to lose that game.......no!!! But it's not like they are going to be #196 and an awful loss come tournament time. We have to steal a road game against a solid team. Tonight is an opportunity to do that!

It wasn't the loss.  The impression comes from how it happened.  21 pt loss at home scoring only 54. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razorpimp

Quote from: niels_boar on January 17, 2018, 02:41:09 pm
He was rated a 4-star, top-100 by many services.  ESPN had him 58th.  I think all of them had him rated higher higher than Hall, who is now starting.  Hence,  saying that it's crazy that anybody would think that he could contribute is ignoring facts on the ground.

He was also rated #166 by 24/7 so I guess you can use that number as well...again how many players his ranking(s) contribute a lot to their teams and if not playing are significant losses

Davidr295

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 17, 2018, 03:48:07 pm
Actually the only way to accurately say it would be perfect psychic abilities.

Isn't that in my bio 😃

SemperHawg

3 point shooting teams are always streaky, and ours is no exception... we could just as easily get hot and run someone out of their own gym later this season.

The SEC is very competitive this year and likely no teams will be escaping one or two in the head scratching loss category.

GuvHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 17, 2018, 03:49:51 pm
It wasn't the loss.  The impression comes from how it happened.  21 pt loss at home scoring only 54. 

Agreed. It was the totally laying an oversized Egg part that is the problem.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

cardsNhogs

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 17, 2018, 02:52:11 pm
We lost our top 2 defensive players, 3 starters, 2 of our best scorers.  I'll take 9-9 in a tougher SEC along with our out of conference record.
We have two senior guards that were the best players on team last year. We replaced Moses with an upgrade in Gafford. 9-9 In the SEC is NOT good enough.

Dillon23

hoglady

Quote from: GuvHog on January 17, 2018, 03:48:17 pm
I'll give you Auburn, they were the better team. The LSU loss was inexcusable and LSU's 2 home losses since then proves it.

LSU was clearly the better team the night they came to Bud Walton.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 17, 2018, 11:22:27 am
we would have to go 5-8 the rest of the way and we have 6 more home games and I don't we think we lose another home game because LSU was a fluke and Barford and Beard have learned better from it and you would think we can win at Missouri and at @Ole miss and maybe even @Georgia. So def not 100% correct. 
It's very possible

InHOGuration Ball

6 wins, 12 losses at best in the conference.   Maybe 1 win or 2 in the SEC tournament.     Then start building for 2018-19.

We are average in most aspects of the game: coaching, talent, desire, player development, recruiting, and others that I can't think of.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on January 17, 2018, 06:39:04 pm
LSU was clearly the better team the night they came to Bud Walton.

Tennessee looked like it too for 35 minutes. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dillon23

Nothing has changed for me in this prediction.  I hope I eat crow.

HawgsPolo

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2018, 12:56:27 pm
9-9 is disappointing with 6 seniors

Six seniors only in classification. I don't think it matters much
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Dillon23 on January 29, 2018, 01:49:16 pm

You think we only win 2 of our remaining SEC games??? Haha what would make you logically think that???

Based on most of our remaining road games being against the bottom half of the SEC (LSU, Ole Piss, A&M, and Mizzou all very winnable on the road and Bama is a young team that is very inconsistent and is going to have plenty of headscratching losses, hopefully we catch them on an off night at Bama).  I would say we have a much better chance at going 8-2 rather than going 2-8 like you're predicting.  Please let me know which 8 games we are going to lose...
SCREW Vandy!

Dillon23

@ A&M- L
@ LSU - L
USC -L 
@ OM - L
KU- L
Aub - L

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Dillon23 on January 29, 2018, 04:49:35 pm
@ A&M- L
@ LSU - L
USC -L 
@ OM - L
KU- L
Aub - L

So your prediction has changed apparently.  You went from 7-11, to 6-12, and now 8-10??  Some of y'all ride the rollercoaster ride of a college basketball season way too much, y'all do realize that almost all teams struggle on the road, have their highs and lows, and have head scratching losses right??  You would think by reading some of y'alls posts that we are the only team in the country with these issues...

Btw, I think even if we have the losses you mention above and finish 8-10 with a 19-12 overall record, that we will still make the NCAA tourney with a win or 2 in the SEC tourney based on how strong of RPI, SOS, and big wins we will have compared to other teams on the bubble.

However, of the losses above, I think we split the 2 away games between LSU and Ole Miss, win the USC home game, and split the 2 tough home games against Auburn and UK to finish 6-4 down the stretch.
SCREW Vandy!

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: HawgsPolo on January 29, 2018, 02:02:53 pm
Six seniors only in classification. I don't think it matters much
I always think that when ppl say we have 6 Sr. 3 of them are Juco guys and Dustin Thomas is a transfer. These guys have only played together for 2 years.

Dillon23

I left off L @ Mizzou.    We are 4-4 now....10 games left 3-7.  Doesn't that equal 7-11?

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Dillon23 on January 29, 2018, 05:03:33 pm
I left off L @ Mizzou.    We are 4-4 now....10 games left 3-7.  Doesn't that equal 7-11?

Do not why you are being a smart asss about it, you are the one that left it off...Also I saw your last prediction in this thread at 6-12 so assumed you were saying you were sticking to that one.
SCREW Vandy!

razorback1829

Considering CMA has never had a losing record or Confrence record EVER, I'll take the over.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 29, 2018, 05:19:24 pm
Considering CMA has never had a losing record or Confrence record EVER, I'll take the over.

Slow down fan boy.  He has had a few losing conference records.

I think 11 is still achievable.

razorback1829

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 29, 2018, 06:07:47 pm
Slow down fan boy.  He has had a few losing conference records.

I think 11 is still achievable.

When did this happen? I think you need to slow down sir lol. Do your research.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 29, 2018, 06:26:36 pm

First two seasons at Mizzou. First at Arkansas. 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 29, 2018, 06:26:36 pm
he was 6-10 his first year here but you have to agree he had a bad roster
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorback1829

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 29, 2018, 06:31:17 pm
he was 6-10 his first year here but you have to agree he had a bad roster

Stand corrected lol. One year. But the point remains.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: razorpimp on January 17, 2018, 03:53:56 pm
He was also rated #166 by 24/7 so I guess you can use that number as well...again how many players his ranking(s) contribute a lot to their teams and if not playing are significant losses

Bryce Brown at Auburn

Dillon23

Quote from: Hogs49ers on January 29, 2018, 05:05:43 pm
Do not why you are being a smart asss about it, you are the one that left it off...Also I saw your last prediction in this thread at 6-12 so assumed you were saying you were sticking to that one.

I never predicted 6-12. I started this thread with 7-11...no other prediction. 6-12 was in jest after a bad loss.

Dillon23

6-12 was in jest after a bad loss. 

BannerMountainMan

Oh this thread aged well
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

snoblind

OP has been hiding past couple of weeks.

:)

Birminghog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2018, 05:39:53 pm
Oh this thread aged well

Yeah, prophecy not a long suit of this thread.  :D

BigNasty

Quote from: Dillon23 on January 29, 2018, 10:08:01 pm
6-12 was in jest after a bad loss. 

the 2 question marks are the signs you should have read to tell you that your prediction was off.

raz1965

Great to be on hogville after a big win, and too read this thread just shows how smart fans are an how negative. Glad Mike is a positive guy.

Dillon23

Quote from: Dillon23 on January 29, 2018, 01:49:16 pm

My hope is coming true. I did predict yesterday's win!

AlmaHog2011

I love reading this thread!!  ;D

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Dillon23 on January 17, 2018, 10:43:38 am
Is that going to be our SEC record?? Just looking at the rest of our SEC schedule and that's what I'm coming up with.  Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

You was wrong! Welcome back!

jgphillips3

It's just like this board...most posts are either the sky is falling or we are unstoppable.  The truth always being in the middle.  We are a solid but not spectacular team.  If the rankings went out that far, I would say we belong somewhere between #25 to #45 and that will be born out when we get seeded.  Now, if we are hot, we can take down anybody.  If we are not...see the Houston game.  The main thing is, our defense seems to be picking up again and that is always the key.

daprospecta

Quote from: Dillon23 on February 18, 2018, 12:13:56 pm

My hope is coming true. I did predict yesterday's win!
You still need to go kick rocks. You can't bash my team all season and think you can just come around and say "I'm eating crow, yay we are good". 

Randohoggie

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 18, 2018, 01:22:00 pm
It's just like this board...most posts are either the sky is falling or we are unstoppable. 

I've never seen anyone say anything close to us being unstoppable.

raz1965

I love it when people make excuses , like if we get hot we can run anybody out of the gym.  Basketball is about putting the ball through the hoop, can be said about any team. Look at the shooting percentage of winning teams an go figure.

Dillon23

Quote from: daprospecta on February 18, 2018, 02:33:40 pm
You still need to go kick rocks. You can't bash my team all season and think you can just come around and say "I'm eating crow, yay we are good". 

I would hardly call predicting a 7-11 conference record to be bashing all season long.  The strength of the conference and our lack of Defense was responsible for that. Just because I don't think we are very good doesn't mean I don't want us to win every game.  Some of us fans are also realistic in our expectations for this team.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 18, 2018, 04:08:02 pm
I've never seen anyone say anything close to us being unstoppable.

It was hyperbole...

Dillon23

Quote from: Hogs49ers on January 29, 2018, 04:52:53 pm
So your prediction has changed apparently.  You went from 7-11, to 6-12, and now 8-10??  Some of y'all ride the rollercoaster ride of a college basketball season way too much, y'all do realize that almost all teams struggle on the road, have their highs and lows, and have head scratching losses right??  You would think by reading some of y'alls posts that we are the only team in the country with these issues...

Btw, I think even if we have the losses you mention above and finish 8-10 with a 19-12 overall record, that we will still make the NCAA tourney with a win or 2 in the SEC tourney based on how strong of RPI, SOS, and big wins we will have compared to other teams on the bubble.

However, of the losses above, I think we split the 2 away games between LSU and Ole Miss, win the USC home game, and split the 2 tough home games against Auburn and UK to finish 6-4 down the stretch.

I have to admit, you are right on so far.  Let's see if we can finish.