Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tommy Tubberville is in Ft Smith

Started by Hogstocking, September 22, 2006, 05:15:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogstocking

September 22, 2006, 05:15:04 pm Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 05:29:14 pm by Piggy Hogstocking
I assume to watch Kodi Burns 2nite.

A friend of mine just called and said he was eating at Garfields and in walked TT and some other assistant coach.  He didn't know who the assistant was only that he "looked like an ex-player and had on a button up Auburn shirt"

Sadly he said several people got TT's autograph

4thdownnutt

you good FT. Smith people should moon him when approached

pigture perfect

Somebody needs to slip a coaching contract under his nose. Maybe he would think it's just another autograph.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Shag66

Somebody "accidently" whack him will ya!

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 22, 2006, 05:29:42 pm
Somebody needs to slip a coaching contract under his nose. Maybe he would think it's just another autograph.

I vote for your option.

Count_Porkula

Could Coach Nutt use him as a defensive coordinator?

HatfieldHog

I'd get the guy's autograph, he's an Arkansas boy, that should have been at Arkansas, but our former players showed why they have degrees in "shop 101."

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

The real Hogules

He's just pretending to be on a recruiting trip to see K.B. and is actually in town to interview with JFB/Lindsey later tonight, after his assistants have went to bed.
I have this from the best of sources!
We're trading our Nutts for a set of ears!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

JoyDivision

HBTHogs

Quote from: Count_Porkula on September 22, 2006, 05:46:17 pm
Could Coach Nutt use him as a defensive coordinator?

Nutt would probably promise him a shot at DC and then switch him to left guard.

Calling All Hogs

Gee. I haven't been this excited since Urban came to Springdale to see Damian. Hope his visit has similar results!

Calling All Hogs

I wonder if Gus or anyone from Arkansas is down tonight to see Kodi. If not I suspect it means Kodi
has let it be known he is going elsewhere.

HogFaninGA

I wish Tommy would drive the few miles to Fayetteville and coach the Hogs tomorrow.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 22, 2006, 07:57:45 pm
I wish Tommy would drive the few miles to Fayetteville and coach the Hogs tomorrow.

At this point I'd let Kodi take over as coach!

HawgPilot

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 22, 2006, 05:53:07 pm
He's just pretending to be on a recruiting trip to see K.B. and is actually in town to interview with JFB/Lindsey later tonight, after his assistants have went to bed.
I have this from the best of sources!
We're trading our Nutts for a set of ears!

That is really funny!  And something that SHOULD happen!

Fire Nutt!!!

AltaHog

He left in the first quarter. Heard he was headed to Rogers to see Ziemba.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: AltaHog on September 22, 2006, 09:01:51 pm

WOW a coach that actually recruits.  What a concept!!!

HAWGTROT

yep, it was coach Tubs alright.He stood right there on the NHS sidelines before the game. Then moved around just behind the east goal post for all to see for a few minutes. He then took off  behind the Fayetteville bleachers to his car. I am sure he got lots of love from that group 8)

Then I thought I spotted Tennessee's coach fat Phil, but it was just a dumpster. ;)

RazorZach

I just got back from Fort Smith and ate at Marketplace for dinner, and there were two Auburn guys sitting in the next table across from our booth. I almost asked them if they were here to see "Northside" play since I assumed it would be illegal for them to mention any high school players by name, but I didn't because I didn't wanna make an @$$ out of myself and provide them with good stories about that dumb Arkansas hick at Marketplace.  :)

They had the whole offical Auburn Underarmor polos tucked in khakis and were talking about an upcoming flight to Las Vegas sometime soon. And yes, I was being nosey and eavesdropping...I couldn't help myself. I just couldn't believe neither one of them ordered the sweet potato fries with cinnamon sauce...they must have been Yankee transplants.
"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

"Is this hotel beeper friendly?" -- Alan from "The Hangover" (and Houston Nutt)

"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." -- Michael Scott, "The Office"

BigoBoys

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 22, 2006, 08:50:50 pm
Quote from: CallMeHog on September 22, 2006, 07:48:17 pm
I wonder if Gus or anyone from Arkansas is down tonight to see Kodi. If not I suspect it means Kodi

I didn't see any UA coaches on the sideline. Perhaps I just didn't see them.

TT was standing right where NHS left the field after warmups. He was very, very visable in his long-sleeve orange button-down shirt.
Maybe they will show when they have a bye week, or when they play SEMO, or when they play LA Monroe.  Do you think that TT is stupid?  Why didn't he show up last Friday night?  The night before he played LSU.  He plays Buffalo tomorrow!  Who is Buffalo?

BKtheKing

Quote from: HAWGTROT on September 22, 2006, 09:44:45 pm
Then I thought I spotted Tennessee's coach fat Phil, but it was just a dumpster. ;)

That is freaking awesome!  Karma to you...

HedgeDweller

TT was standing right where NHS left the field after warmups. He was very, very visable in his long-sleeve orange button-down shirt.

Did he have the top button buttoned like he did on his long sleeve pullover polo shirt last week?  Someone needs to tell him that looks kind of dorky....

HAWGTROT

Quote from: HedgeDweller on September 22, 2006, 10:33:06 pm

Did he have the top button buttoned like he did on his long sleeve pullover polo shirt last week?  Someone needs to tell him that looks kind of dorky....
You whana know what? I don't care if MR. Freaking Rogers was our head coach. As long as we where sitting where Auburn is right about now.

Ridgerunnerpiggie

Tommy will be in town (Rogers) having a meal with the team very soon!  Pushing for Zimba!

Hawgballz

You are reading waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into this.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

1836andon

He should have stuck around.  HE missed a good game.  One in which Kodi was outplayed by the qb from Fayetteville.  Is anyone requiting this guy?

Roadrunner

Quote from: HedgeDweller on September 22, 2006, 10:33:06 pm

It was reported that tubberville has worn long sleeve shirts this year is due to skin cancer.
Then I also heard it said it was an underarmour shirt to keep him cooler.

HDN could wear a dress if we could have a winning season.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

HAWGTROT

Quote from: 1836andon on September 23, 2006, 01:42:33 am

He should have stuck around.  HE missed a good game.  One in which Kodi was outplayed by the qb from Fayetteville.  Is anyone requiting this guy?
Not taking away one hell of a performance from Fayettevills QB Mcutchins. But he had more help tonight from his team. It seemed like Burns had to generate all the points for NHS.
And that was against one of the best deffences I have ever seen.

Michael Porkleone

Someone told me that TT was in Ft. Smith as a consultant for the upcoming UAFS Lions FB team....

Do you think we really have a chance of getting him?  Why is he going to leave Aub to come to Ft. Smith?
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Flatline

TT was a really nice guy.  I spoke to him for several minutes on the sidelines.  Several people came up and told them how they wished he was wearing Razorback Red.  There was no one else from any college on sidelines, either side.

hoggerdinger

Quote from: HAWGTROT on September 22, 2006, 09:44:45 pm
yep, it was coach Tubs alright.He stood right there on the NHS sidelines before the game. Then moved around just behind the east goal post for all to see for a few minutes. He then took off  behind the Fayetteville bleachers to his car. I am sure he got lots of love from that group 8)

It was him....he was hungry.  The concession stand ran out of nachos.

Tusks

Did they get the contract worked out last night?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HAWGTROT

Quote from: Yindao on September 23, 2006, 07:37:03 am
Someone told me that TT was in Ft. Smith as a consultant for the upcoming UAFS Lions FB team....

Do you think we really have a chance of getting him?  Why is he going to leave Aub to come to Ft. Smith?
OK, what ever prescription medication your on. Look at the directions a just take the recommended does please.

HAWGTROT

Quote from: HAWGTROT on September 23, 2006, 07:15:29 am
Quote from: 1836andon on September 23, 2006, 01:42:33 am

Not taking away one hell of a performance from Fayettevills QB Mcutchins. But he had more help tonight from his team. It seemed like Burns had to generate all the points for NHS.
And that was against one of the best deffences I have ever seen.
I got to say, McCutcheon's performance was one of the best I have seen in a while. Despite having to stop and vomit several times due to the flue, he ran 14 times for 194 yards! Passing 6-15-2-100yards.
Burns had one pass dropped for a TD and a IT in the endzone. But still had a decent night.Rushed 12 times for 99 yards. Passing 15-32-2-for 273 yards. Who's said Burns was just a running QB?
Just because TT was there does not mean Burns is a lock for Auburn.

Jim

Quote from: MLH on September 23, 2006, 08:08:16 am
TT was a really nice guy.  I spoke to him for several minutes on the sidelines.  Several people came up and told them how they wished he was wearing Razorback Red.  There was no one else from any college on sidelines, either side.

How did he respond?  With a sheepish grin or just a polite nod that would indicate "yeah, sure...and I wish I'd win the lottery but guess what?  Neither's gonna happen." ;)

Flatline

Quote from: Jim on September 23, 2006, 09:34:39 am
Quote from: MLH on September 23, 2006, 08:08:16 am

How did he respond?  With a sheepish grin or just a polite nod that would indicate "yeah, sure...and I wish I'd win the lottery but guess what?  Neither's gonna happen." ;)

He was eating it up.  He was grinning from ear to ear.  People kept coming up.  He was very popular.